What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lawrence Maroney declares (1 Viewer)

beto

Footballguy
Just saw it on the ESPN crawl line.Not a big shocker but nice to officially add him to my 2005 draft list.

Was there to see one of the best football games I have ever seen.He put up 217 yards on 46 carries aginast Purdue in a Gopher win in OT. Great game.

Gary Russell has got to be happy.
Just saw this at GBN Report
Gophers RB no-show this spring… Minnesota junior RB Gary Russell, a potential high pick in either 2007 or 2008, has not enrolled in classes the for spring semester, and therefore will be ineligible for the Gophers' spring practices. No reason was given for Russell’s absence; the school also has not released when, or if, Russell will return. Last fall, the 5-10, 205-pound Russell gained 1,130 yards on the ground as he averaged over 6 yards per carry while sharing time with Laurence Maroney who is expected to be a first round pick in this year’s NFL draft. Russell also set a single-season school record 19 total TDs as a sophomore in 2005.
As a huge Russell fan I'd like to hear more about this. Anyone know what the deal is? Maybe just an excuse to skip camp? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gophers RB no-show this spring… Minnesota junior RB Gary Russell, a potential high pick in either 2007 or 2008, has not enrolled in classes the for spring semester, and therefore will be ineligible for the Gophers' spring practices. No reason was given for Russell’s absence; the school also has not released when, or if, Russell will return. Last fall, the 5-10, 205-pound Russell gained 1,130 yards on the ground as he averaged over 6 yards per carry while sharing time with Laurence Maroney who is expected to be a first round pick in this year’s NFL draft. Russell also set a single-season school record 19 total TDs as a sophomore in 2005.
As a huge Russell fan I'd like to hear more about this. Anyone know what the deal is? Maybe just an excuse to skip camp? ;)
This isn't the NFL. You don't skip spring training. WTF? Is this guy a nut or something? Anyone know?

He should be a 3rd rounder.

He has absolutely nothing special .
He is better than Barber and Barber did pretty well. If he goes to the right situation, for example Indianapolis, he could excel.

He should be a 3rd rounder.

He has absolutely nothing special .
He is better than Barber and Barber did pretty well. If he goes to the right situation, for example Indianapolis, he could excel.
It's hard to overlook Barber's success last year and how it bodes for Maroney in the NFL, especially when it was nearly universally accepted that Maroney was better than Barber.

An article I had read (through Google news, you can look up a link) said Russell would go to JUCO this spring to get his grades up. If he can get those up enough to qualify, then can re-enroll in the summer and be eligible to play football.

Users who are viewing this thread