What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Left-Handed Relief Pitchers (1 Viewer)

I realize this could be any one of about 10 guys, but....

there was a lefty I really enjoyed watching. His name isn't coming to me. He was long, and was a side-winder. His arm angle came from WAY over towards first base, and the movement on his slider was ridiculous. It came in like it was a Frisbee. This guy may or may not still be playing, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him pitch fairly recently.

All I can tell you for sure is it's not Brian Fuentes that I'm thinking of. Similar to him, but way more sidearm/submarine-style. Kind of like a left-handed Chad Bradford.

Any help?

there was a lefty I really enjoyed watching. His name isn't coming to me. He was long, and was a side-winder. His arm angle came from WAY over towards first base, and the movement on his slider was ridiculous. It came in like it was a Frisbee. This guy may or may not still be playing, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him pitch fairly recently.

All I can tell you for sure is it's not Brian Fuentes that I'm thinking of. Similar to him, but way more sidearm/submarine-style. Kind of like a left-handed Chad Bradford.

Any help?
Mike Venafro?

Any help?
Mike Venafro?
Negative, though you are in the ballpark in terms of the style of pitcher I'm looking for.But Venafro does get points for his wifey choice.

Any help?
Randy Choate?http://www.examiner.com/article/a-scouting-report-on-the-new-st-louis-cardinal-randy-choate-video

Any help?
Mike Myers?

I can no longer remember if he was a lefty or not, but who was the relief pitcher on the Astros in maybe the late 80s/early 90s who was always eating hot dogs and pizza in the bullpen?ETA: Found him. Charlie Kerfeld. He was a righty, so irrelevant to this thread, but one of my favorites as a kid.

After a spectacular rookie season in 1986, the rotund reliever who always pitched in his lucky Jetsons t-shirt needed a new contract. Kerfeld asked for $110,037.37, matching his number 37 jersey, to pitch in 1987. On top of that, he received 37 boxes of orange Jell-O in the deal. The Astros would soon regret this delicious bonus, though; Kerfeld, who was famously caught eating ribs in the dugout that season, would battle weight and injury problems and get sent down to the minors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any help?
Mike Myers?

Users who are viewing this thread