What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

'Lego' directors to helm Han Solo spinoff movie (1 Viewer)

Wingnut

Footballguy
http://www.theboneonline.com/ap/ap/entertainment/lego-movie-directors-to-helm-han-solo-star-wars-sp/nms4g/?ecmp=whptfm_social_facebook_sfp

Laugh it up, Fuzzballs: Han Solo is getting his own movie, and it's going to be helmed by "Lego Movie" directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord.

The "Star Wars" spinoff will be released on Memorial Day weekend in 2018, Disney announced Tuesday. It will focus on how Han Solo became the smuggler first encountered by Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi at the Mos Eisley cantina.

Lord and Miller have been among the most sought-after writer-directors in Hollywood following their well-received "21 Jump Street" and its sequel, "22 Jump Street," and the popular "The Lego Movie."

"This is the first film we've worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with," the pair said in a joint statement. "We promise to take risks, to give the audience a fresh experience, and we pledge ourselves to be faithful stewards of these characters who mean so much to us."

Lord and Miller said the movie is a dream come true, "and not the kind of dream where you're late for work and all your clothes are made of pudding."

The announcement sets off what's sure to be among the most closely watched casting decisions in Hollywood. While Harrison Ford reprises the role in the upcoming "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," the spinoff will be seeking a new captain of the Millennium Falcon.

The script will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, who co-wrote "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi," and his son Jon Kasdan. They called Solo "one of the coolest characters in the galaxy."

In addition to a new "Star Wars" trilogy to begin with J.J. Abrams' "The Force Awakens" in December, Lucasfilm and Disney are planning several spinoffs from George Lucas' space epic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it will document how he did the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. :nerd:
Kessel wanted out of Boston, damn it. So did Seguin. So did Hamilton. Frankly, I'm happy with our new parsecs and Loui. Great exchange, and I'm frankly sick of the schadenfreude regarding our front office, and wait...Wrong thread.

Lego guys and Clone High creators really have done a great job over the years. Hope it sticks with the Solo movie.

Yuck.  Howard is such a bland director. 
Seems to me that Disney is essentially making Star Wars movies with a house style.  In that context, a no-nonsense pro like Howard makes perfect sense.  He'd have fit in the old Hollywood studio system which is what Disney these franchise/cinematic universe movies are essentially emulating. 

Seems to me that Disney is essentially making Star Wars movies with a house style.  In that context, a no-nonsense pro like Howard makes perfect sense.  He'd have fit in the old Hollywood studio system which is what Disney these franchise/cinematic universe movies are essentially emulating. 
I dunno, rogue one seemed outside the pocket. Maybe with the trilogy movies but this isn't one. 

I believe one of the stories said Laurence Kasdan was the writer, so even with a bland director like Howard, I think there is hope.

Rush was interestingly done. So there is hope for the action sequences.

Howard is pretty boring, although A13 is one of my all time favorites.

Disney is bracing themselves for the Han Solo movie to bomb.

They fired the director. Ron Howard has reshot upwards of 80% of the movie. They've had to hire an acting coach for the guy playing Han. The script is considered "unworkable". Insiders are saying it's going to be a car crash. 

If fans didn't like this last movie it's sounding like this next one is really going to a disaster on a Jar Jar level. Enjoy having your childhood hero ruined, nerds! 

Disney is going full NFL on its product. I don't need Thursday night football or football in London/Mexico City.

And I don't need a Star Wars movie every six months to a year.

Disney is bracing themselves for the Han Solo movie to bomb.

They fired the director. Ron Howard has reshot upwards of 80% of the movie. They've had to hire an acting coach for the guy playing Han. The script is considered "unworkable". Insiders are saying it's going to be a car crash. 

If fans didn't like this last movie it's sounding like this next one is really going to a disaster on a Jar Jar level. Enjoy having your childhood hero ruined, nerds! 
How would a bad movie ruin my childhood 

Make sure you look over your shoulder when you backpedal this hard.
Huh? How are they not different? A lot of folk here were kids when these movies first came out. Han Solo is undeniably an all time hero a lot of us grew up loving. It's sounding like they're going to ruin the character. 

It's like when they ruined the Indiana Jones character with that alien skull dumb movie. It didn't ruin any of our childhoods but it sure as hell ruined a childhood hero.

Huh? How are they not different? A lot of folk here were kids when these movies first came out. Han Solo is undeniably an all time hero a lot of us grew up loving. It's sounding like they're going to ruin the character. 

It's like when they ruined the Indiana Jones character with that alien skull dumb movie. It didn't ruin any of our childhoods but it sure as hell ruined a childhood hero.
Why does hollywood hate Harrison Ford so much?

Childhood and childhood hero are different things. HTH.
Uhh ok. Soooooo why would it ruin my childhood hero (who wasn't my childhood hero?)

Most of us know it's a completely different movie performed by completely different actors filmed in a completely different era written by completely different writers directed by completely different people and produced by a completely different studio. You would have to be almost mentally ill to not understand that or have it ruin your childhood memories. 

Uhh ok. Soooooo why would it ruin my childhood hero (who wasn't my childhood hero?)

Most of us know it's a completely different movie performed by completely different actors filmed in a completely different era written by completely different writers directed by completely different people and produced by a completely different studio. You would have to be almost mentally ill to not understand that or have it ruin your childhood memories. 
So you're saying that if this movie blows and tells a terrible story about an iconic character, after seeing it, you will just ignore the bad stuff and only remember the stuff from 30-40 years ago? I can see how easy that would be considering it was different this and different that and all. 

:lmao: He was a childhood hero for many. He wasn't for you. So it doesn't apply to you. Then wtf are you whining about?  Yet here you are complaining about it for some reason.

Yeah, if your childhood hero was someone else, Han Solo's character being ruined won't really change your perspective of your childhood hero. Neato.  You got me. :rolleyes: JFC you're as insufferable as your Star Wars thread. 

I remember six months before wonder woman came out it was getting the same coverage about it being an absolute bomb. So let's withhold judgment here until it's actually out.

So you're saying that if this movie blows and tells a terrible story about an iconic character, after seeing it, you will just ignore the bad stuff and only remember the stuff from 30-40 years ago? I can see how easy that would be considering it was different this and different that and all. 
I mean if it's a bad movie it's a bad movie. The horrible Anakin plot in 1-3 doesn't ruin 4-6 for me in hindsight at all. I just don't understand why it would ruin anybody's enjoyment of Harrison Ford's performance. 

I remember six months before wonder woman came out it was getting the same coverage about it being an absolute bomb. So let's withhold judgment here until it's actually out.
I am very careful not to give much weight to an article whose entire premise is based on unnamed "alleged source".   When a writer uses those terms it means he could not even verify if the source was actually connected to the movie.

It is the lowest form of journalism.

It makes good sense to wait for a real review.  It may still suck but I am hopeful that anyone who reads an article like this realizes it would not even pass The National Enquirer level of ethics for journalism.

I am very careful not to give much weight to an article whose entire premise is based on unnamed "alleged source".   When a writer uses those terms it means he could not even verify if the source was actually connected to the movie.

It is the lowest form of journalism.

It makes good sense to wait for a real review.  It may still suck but I am hopeful that anyone who reads an article like this realizes it would not even pass The National Enquirer level of ethics for journalism.
Well the firing of the directors and the reshoots and rewrites happened regardless of the source. That usually doesn't bode well for any film, let alone one that tells a story of an already beloved character.

Well the firing of the directors and the reshoots and rewrites happened regardless of the source. That usually doesn't bode well for any film, let alone one that tells a story of an already beloved character.
We knew all of that outside of this article, the "alleged source" had nothing to do with that information which has been public for months. 

That is why I said in my post it may still suck.

All this is based off one report from "an alleged source". Relax everyone
Sure, it's just one report.  Relax.

Just like that radar blip was "just" a flight of B17s from the mainland.  And we relaxed, and what happened?   PEARL HARBOR!  That's what happened!  We got our fleet ####### bombed because we relaxed over "just one report"!   DO YOU WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR FLEET GETTING BOMBED AGAIN!??!?!?    WELL DO YOU!?!?!   DO YOU!?!?!?

(Just trying to blend in with the rest of the discussion in here. If it fell short I can add more spittle.)

Users who are viewing this thread