What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Len Dawson has passed away (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Legend Len Dawson has entered Hospice Care. Very sad. He's 87 years old however, so he has lived a long life. Usually the end is near when you have to enter Hospice. I wish him the very best. I watched The Chiefs beat the Vikings in SB4. I was pulling for the Vikings, but they were manhandled all game long. I'm surprised the score wasn't more lopsided.

Back when NFL shows were somewhat rare, I used to like him in the HBO show he did.

The Offense of the 70s. That Super Bowl IV team was the offense everyone else copied for years.

Yeah, he was decent on that show as well. Just seemed like a good dude.

Dawson is the seventh son of a seventh son, born the ninth of 11 children overall. He was married to his high school sweetheart from 1954 until her death in 1978. He has two children. He did remarry after the death of his first wife.

Back when NFL shows were somewhat rare, I used to like him in the HBO show he did.
Me too. Inside the NFL with Len Dawson, Nick Buoniconti, and Chris Collinsworth. Loved that show.
I really loved that show. I liked ESPN before they went woke. I also used to like Roy Firestone. Whatever happened to him? Back before ESPN in the early 70s I used to watch Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshier every Sunday morning, where they would recap the previous week and show highlights, and then talked about the upcoming games that Sunday.

God bless people who work in hospice care. Went through this earlier this year with my father in law.

Holds virtually all the Chiefs career marks, and it'll be a few years before Patrick surpasses him. Had two seasons with a TD% over 9 (Mahomes 50 TD season was 8.6.) Good man who will be well remembered.

Legend Len Dawson has entered Hospice Care. Very sad. He's 87 years old however, so he has lived a long life. Usually the end is near when you have to enter Hospice. I wish him the very best. I watched The Chiefs beat the Vikings in SB4. I was pulling for the Vikings, but they were manhandled all game long. I'm surprised the score wasn't more lopsided.

Updated the title because Dawson passed away.

Legend Len Dawson has entered Hospice Care. Very sad. He's 87 years old however, so he has lived a long life. Usually the end is near when you have to enter Hospice. I wish him the very best. I watched The Chiefs beat the Vikings in

SB4. I was pulling for the Vikings, but they were manhandled all game long. I'm surprised the score wasn't more lopsided.

Legend Len Dawson has entered Hospice Care. Very sad. He's 87 years old however, so he has lived a long life. Usually the end is near when you have to enter Hospice. I wish him the very best. I watched The Chiefs beat the Vikings in

SB4. I was pulling for the Vikings, but they were manhandled all game long. I'm surprised the score wasn't more lopsided.

My step dad was stationed at Whitman AFB and it was nestled in a small town called know Noster. We were between St Louis and Kansas City. Every year they would have a father and son banquet and they would invite a few Chiefs players every year. I got to meet Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Otis Talyor and many others. I was nine years old and we stayed there 3 years. I still remember Willie Laniers huge hands. My dad was a good size man but looked small compared with Willie. I remember Lenny was very nice and took the time to talk with everyone. All the players were the same. Memories I'll always cherish. Sad to see him leave us. God Bless sir.

I have always been familiar with his playing career but he was long retired by the time I started watching football so when I think of him the first thing is usually Inside the NFL.

In the early 80's I was sent to a boarding school for several years. Had no TV on Sundays. Depending on pace of MNF I might get to see some of the halftime highlights before it was lights out but often not even that. I did not get to come home every weekend but when I did I usually made it home right about when his show was starting , which was good since we had no VCR or DVR . It was like crack to my football starved self, seeing all the highlights of games I'd mainly just read about and only that because someone was nice enough to always give me their day old sports page. Good times(not). But when I was home hearing Lenny and Nick talk football and show highlights life was good. In a not so small way grew up learning to love football with Len and Nick.

My step dad was stationed at Whitman AFB and it was nestled in a small town called know Noster. We were between St Louis and Kansas City. Every year they would have a father and son banquet and they would invite a few Chiefs players every year. I got to meet Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Otis Talyor and many others. I was nine years old and we stayed there 3 years. I still remember Willie Laniers huge hands. My dad was a good size man but looked small compared with Willie. I remember Lenny was very nice and took the time to talk with everyone. All the players were the same. Memories I'll always cherish. Sad to see him leave us. God Bless sir.
Sorry for what you went through. I grew up a military brat so I lived a pretty sheltered childhood. Thanks for reminding me about that show. I remember that I would look foward to watching it as well. By the way, the second year I was there the Chiefs beat the Vikings in the Superbowl. Sounds like what you went through made you a better man. Thanks for sharing that.

Users who are viewing this thread