What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LenDale White's Stock Falling? (1 Viewer)

Lendale White is showing that he's a thug.  Just the kind that many NFL franchises have found quite expensive to have/remove on/from their rosters.
He's a thug because he's an undisciplined eater?
His eating habits aren't the only thing at issue here. What is at issue is that in a time when he should be preparing himself to show just how good he is, especially compared to his peers, he's coming off as smug, arrogant, and/or flat out disinterested.Do you want this attitude on your team when you're preparing to make a playoff run? Or actually IN the playoffs contending for a Super Bowl. I wouldn't. I think the "me first" attitude of the prima donna athelete is wearing thin on most mature sports organizations.

Lendale White is showing that he's a thug. Just the kind that many NFL franchises have found quite expensive to have/remove on/from their rosters.
His eating habits aren't the only thing at issue here. What is at issue is that in a time when he should be preparing himself to show just how good he is, especially compared to his peers, he's coming off as smug, arrogant, and/or flat out disinterested.Do you want this attitude on your team when you're preparing to make a playoff run? Or actually IN the playoffs contending for a Super Bowl. I wouldn't. I think the "me first" attitude of the prima donna athelete is wearing thin on most mature sports organizations.
Okay, but he's not robbing people or beating his wife right?

Lendale White is showing that he's a thug.  Just the kind that many NFL franchises have found quite expensive to have/remove on/from their rosters.
Okay, but he's not robbing people or beating his wife right?
Not that we know of.At least that stuff doesn't translate to the football field*.

*I'm joking, of course.

How stupid is this guy? How much money has he cost himself in the last four months.

If I were a GM, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole. Sounds like it wouldn't be long before you'd only need a 9 foot pole anyway.
:lmao:

White didn't seem concerned about not being able to work out. "I'm the only true big back in the first round, and people who want the physical runner are going to have to look at me," he said.
"It's tight," White said. "What I'm going to do is rehab it and try to get it stronger, and then maybe we can set up another date, whether it's out here or at home. I just don't want to strain it. I don't want to keep pulling it and blowing up. There's a football season coming around the corner. These tests and stuff really don't matter after a while.

"You can tell from the film what somebody can do and what they can't do. Now, when you come out here, that can help you – they want to see how fast you are. But these guys, they're not stupid at all. They know exactly what's going on. If they need me to come out and work out for them or whatever, I will do that for them. But these guys know football. I'm just going to relax and whatever happens happens."

White couldn't guarantee he would run again before the April 29-30 draft, but it was clear that the NFL representatives on hand didn't see that as an acceptable option.
I'm struggling to form an opinion on this stuff. I don't like overreacting to the negative side. It always sounds whiney, but it's pretty hard not to. I believe this is all a maturity issue. If so, how important is that?

It's another risk. One that would make me avoid him if I were a GM, unless he dropped to a point where the reward outweighed the risk. That could be late in the first round or early second now. That seems about right to me. Had LenDale run well and showed an okay attitude, he could have been a mid-first rounder. So he has probably cost himself 10-20 spots if things stay this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
White didn't seem concerned about not being able to work out. "I'm the only true big back in the first round, and people who want the physical runner are going to have to look at me," he said.
"It's tight," White said. "What I'm going to do is rehab it and try to get it stronger, and then maybe we can set up another date, whether it's out here or at home. I just don't want to strain it. I don't want to keep pulling it and blowing up. There's a football season coming around the corner. These tests and stuff really don't matter after a while.

"You can tell from the film what somebody can do and what they can't do. Now, when you come out here, that can help you – they want to see how fast you are. But these guys, they're not stupid at all. They know exactly what's going on. If they need me to come out and work out for them or whatever, I will do that for them. But these guys know football. I'm just going to relax and whatever happens happens."

White couldn't guarantee he would run again before the April 29-30 draft, but it was clear that the NFL representatives on hand didn't see that as an acceptable option.
I'm struggling to form an opinion on this stuff. I don't like overreacting to the negative side. It always sounds whiney, but it's pretty hard not to. I believe this is all a maturity issue. If so, how important is that?
He's 21 years old. I can cut him some slack for that.We never really know the full picture. If the hamstring thing is legitimate, can we really criticize him for resting it instead of risking making the injury worse and really dropping his stock?

Just came across this...take it for what it's worth, but interesting nonetheless.

Meanwhile, more than a few eyebrows were raised by the dismal performance - non-performance might be a more appropriate word - turned in by RB LenDale who weighed in at an overweight 244 pounds, barely posted 15 reps pressing 225 pounds, and didn’t run at all. White claims he didn’t run because he is still affected by a hamstring he pulled at the combine. All that, however, has set off a bit of a buzz that White may have already agreed on terms with a team that's going to take him in the first round and doesn’t want anyone scooping them. Again stay tuned.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

Also, I just heard Jim Rome read a comment from Charlie Casserly (Texans GM): "Sometime before the Draft he's going to have to run, otherwise I hope he's already made a deal with the team that's going to be picking him in the first round."

Could this be a reason for all the confidence he still has amidst all of this negativity surrounding him presently.

Just came across this...take it for what it's worth, but interesting nonetheless.

Meanwhile, more than a few eyebrows were raised by the dismal performance - non-performance might be a more appropriate word - turned in by RB LenDale who weighed in at an overweight 244 pounds, barely posted 15 reps pressing 225 pounds, and didn’t run at all. White claims he didn’t run because he is still affected by a hamstring he pulled at the combine. All that, however, has set off a bit of a buzz that White may have already agreed on terms with a team that's going to take him in the first round and doesn’t want anyone scooping them. Again stay tuned.

Also, I just heard Jim Rome read a comment from Charlie Casserly (Texans GM): "Sometime before the Draft he's going to have to run, otherwise I hope he's already made a deal with the team that's going to be picking him in the first round."

Could this be a reason for all the confidence he still has amidst all of this negativity surrounding him presently.
No way. Why would he do that? He has an opportunity to improve his position. There is money on the table. Why agree to dump, so you can be drafted by a particular team at a certain spot? Your draft slot merits your $'s, which is why this does not make any cents ;) (like that?).

No way. Why would he do that? He has an opportunity to improve his position. There is money on the table. Why agree to dump, so you can be drafted by a particular team at a certain spot? Your draft slot merits your $'s, which is why this does not make any cents ;) (like that?).
completely hypothetical, but let's play along....Say his agent told him the highest he's going to get picked is 17 to Minnesota, but his agent has had conversations with team X saying they'll pick him if he's there. X being one of the following....

21. New England

22. Dever

27. Carolina

28. Jacksonville

30. Indy

32. Pittsburgh

(I tried to include all the teams who might take a back, whether or not we think they would.)

The first question difference is what is the monetary difference between 17 and team X?

Does team X offer him a better role than (read fame) than the others teams picking in front of them?

Will this role and success allow him a better second contract?

Lastly, the most important question...should any draft pick do this to setup his draft selection? This one's easy to answer absolutely not. You can't look past your first contract because you may never see a second one. Some situations may offer you a better opportunity to succeed, but you should feel you'll succeed anywhere.

In all, I don't believe any of it. But it's something interesting to speculate on during a boring Monday afternoon.

Also, I just heard Jim Rome read a comment from Charlie Casserly (Texans GM):  "Sometime before the Draft he's going to have to run, otherwise I hope he's already made a deal with the team that's going to be picking him in the first round."

completely hypothetical, but let's play along....Say his agent told him the highest he's going to get picked is 17 to Minnesota, but his agent has had conversations with team X saying they'll pick him if he's there. X being one of the following....

21. New England

22. Dever

27. Carolina

28. Jacksonville

30. Indy

32. Pittsburgh

(I tried to include all the teams who might take a back, whether or not we think they would.)

The first question difference is what is the monetary difference between 17 and team X?

Does team X offer him a better role than (read fame) than the others teams picking in front of them?

Will this role and success allow him a better second contract?

Lastly, the most important question...should any draft pick do this to setup his draft selection? This one's easy to answer absolutely not. You can't look past your first contract because you may never see a second one. Some situations may offer you a better opportunity to succeed, but you should feel you'll succeed anywhere.

In all, I don't believe any of it. But it's something interesting to speculate on during a boring Monday afternoon.
If you want to talk conspiracy theory, then I think White to Denver at 15 makes the most sense. White is from Colorado. If the Broncos told him that he's their guy at #15, then it might make some sense for him to dog it in workouts. Sure, he'd be losing the chance to go in the top 10, but he'd be going to his home team with a good chance at being a starter in a system that's tailor-made for his skills. It may be a bit of a stretch, but stranger things have happened.

Also, I just heard Jim Rome read a comment from Charlie Casserly (Texans GM):  "Sometime before the Draft he's going to have to run, otherwise I hope he's already made a deal with the team that's going to be picking him in the first round."

I don't really believe in this theory either, but just reading some of his quotes amidst all of this negativity on how "he'll still be the talk of the Draft" and "these guys are smart, they know what they are doing" and "all you need to do is watch the film...these measurements don't really mean much anyways." has me wondering.I can't imagine someone would be as dumb as he is at handling the situation right now....but who knows. He weighs in at 236lbs at the combine and all he hears about how there are questions as to him being out of shape...then 3 weeks later shows up at the Pro Day at 244lbs. what is that?

Also, he clearly knows that he's in the mix for RB #2 in the Draft and had clear knowledge that the other 2 guys he's up against (Williams & Maroney) already had successful workouts....and with all that he basically blows off his Pro Day?

Again, I don't want to be a promoter of this conspiracy theory here cuz I don't really buy it yet, but something just isn't adding up for me.

If you want to talk conspiracy theory, then I think White to Denver at 15 makes the most sense. White is from Colorado. If the Broncos told him that he's their guy at #15, then it might make some sense for him to dog it in workouts. Sure, he'd be losing the chance to go in the top 10, but he'd be going to his home team with a good chance at being a starter in a system that's tailor-made for his skills. It may be a bit of a stretch, but stranger things have happened.
I like a good conspiracy theory. :thumbup:

I think the smilie you're looking for is this: :tinfoilhat:

Actually, maybe he' dogging it to stay out of Denver at #15 and go somewhere in between their two picks. I mean, when's the last time Denver paid an RB? I would want to stay away from that place too. On the other hand, if you want to look better than you actually are and then move on to somewhere else and be paid more, Denver is the place to get that rolling.But, as many a rap song has said, "If it don't make dolla's, it don't make cents."

:fro:

benching 225 15 times when you weigh 250 is pathetic. :thumbsdown: it's pretty obvious that he's not working out with weights very often...what a lazy #####. he has all this time to get ready for the "usc workout" and shows up looking like a bum.
Can you say: "Maurice Clarrett"? :bag:

Here's some more fuel to the fire. Think about it....He weighs 255lbs at the Rose Bowl (Jan 4th)....From Jan. 4th thru Feb. 28th he puts the work in to lose 19lbs before the Combine weigh in (236lbs) and still hears concerns of his weight and conditioning.

So, for 4 more weeks (Feb. 28th thru April 2nd) he didn't have the motivation to continue to lose more weight or at least remain steady at 236lbs leading up to the most important date in his future thus far (while at the same time D. Williams and L. Maroney have good workouts).....but, instead puts on 8lbs? Just doesn't make any sense.

Why would he put the work in to cut weight before the Combine, but not between the Combine and his Pro Day which he always knew would be his most important stage.

Something had to have happened between the Combine and his Pro Day. What did happen during that time was the Broncos were in a trade that gave them an extra 1st round pick.

Again, want to make it clear that I'm not really buying it yet, but the ammo is there to stoke the flames.

Quick Caveat: I was a big supporter of the "Kevin Jones running a slower 40 time 2 years ago to drop to a better situation" theory and now realize how dumb that was to think that was even a remote possibility. Just want to make sure all are aware of who the guy stoking these conspiracy theory flames is. (listener beware)

What is it that would adversely affect someone's weight, speed, lifting ability, and attitude?

Constipation. ;)

I'm not saying i buy any conspiracy theory, but it would make sense if he ends up going to Denver.

He is a perfect fit for them with Mike Anderson gone. As much as Dayne has gotten love on this board, he isn't a pounder and i'd be very surprised if Denver would be happy going into the 06' season counting on him to play a major role in their offense.

White and Denver just make too much sense though, so it probably is what it is...a conspiracy theory without much merit.

Should he fall, Denver would take DeAngelo Williams over Lendale White.

And it's entirely possible that that happens.
Not only do I think DeAngelo will fall, I can't picture a team taking him before Denver. Last year he would have been a top 5 pick. Your theory should get tested.

Not only do I think DeAngelo will fall, I can't picture a team taking him before Denver. Last year he would have been a top 5 pick. Your theory should get tested.
Ohhhh momma. Williams in Denver? :drool:

You can automatically toss out the top 5 picks. SF is interesting, but too many other guys have improved their stock to make Williams not the pick at 6. OAK has Jordan, BUF has McGahee, DET has Kevin Jones, ARI has James, STL has Jackson, CLE has Droughns, BAL has Lewis (maybe here?), and PHI has Westbrook (maybe here?). Baltimore and Philly also have other pressing needs. I just don't see Williams going before 15.

You can automatically toss out the top 5 picks. SF is interesting, but too many other guys have improved their stock to make Williams not the pick at 6. OAK has Jordan, BUF has McGahee, DET has Kevin Jones, ARI has James, STL has Jackson, CLE has Droughns, BAL has Lewis (maybe here?), and PHI has Westbrook (maybe here?). Baltimore and Philly also have other pressing needs. I just don't see Williams going before 15.
If the Vikings take him at 17, that shout of joy you hear will be me! :hey: I like Chet Taylor, but I think they overpaid, and Williams will be far superior.

If the Vikings take him at 17, that shout of joy you hear will be me! :hey: I like Chet Taylor, but I think they overpaid, and Williams will be far superior.
As inexplicable as it sounds, Williams could drop to the 20s (New England?). Be prepared for the name "Ernie Sims" to be called if it wasn't called before #17.

How about Cleveland? I could see DeAngelo going there.

My impression was that Savage was pretty happy with Droughns. They could also get an elite D-lineman or LB to bolster their D, which is much more of a problem area.

My impression was that Savage was pretty happy with Droughns. They could also get an elite D-lineman or LB to bolster their D, which is much more of a problem area.
Even Robinson at Yahoo is picking up on Cleveland's very open talk about addressing defense, defense, defense.

NFL | L. White trying to keep covered Published Mon Apr 3 9:35:00 p.m. ET 2006

(KFFL) Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports USC RB LenDale White wore a loose-fitting warm-up suit during his Pro Day in an effort to not show much of his body. He drew audible groans from NFL scouts at the NFL Combine when he showed his chest. After seeing White at the NFL Combine, one NFL general manager said, "The guy needed a bra, it was ridiculous. You come to the combine looking like that and you want to be a first-round pick? Come on. The guy had obviously been doing nothing."

NFL | L. White being compared to Clarett Published Mon Apr 3 9:36:00 p.m. ET 2006

(KFFL) Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports USC RB LenDale White is being mentioned in the same company as free agent RB Maurice Clarett. An NFL exeutive said, "We had one of our scouts go up and ask him what was going on (after White didn't run). The kid said his hamstring was tight or something like that. Then we tried to find out when he was going to run and he didn't know. It didn't even sound like he was going to run. What does this kid think?" A former USC offensive player who once was a teammate of White's said, "The guy can play, but he just gets by. He coasted in practice and he coasted in the offseason. He came in thinking he just had to put in his time and that's what you see now." The teammate added that the things White was able to do was because he played next to RB Reggie Bush and the other guys around him. He added that White would be amazing if he really worked at it.

Unless this guy ends up in Denver I am going to avoid like the plague, this guy has bust written all over him. :pics:

I may be in the minority, but I think that there are alot more guys with average talent but great drive in the NFL than visa versa. Working hard can overcome some deficencies. But I think that a great talent with an average to poor drive will find hard sledding in the NFL. Jerry Rice and Walter Payton are 2 of the 5 greatest players ever and they worked their tails off throughout their entire careers. I hate to jump on the negative bandwagon, but I have a hard time seeing White becoming a successful NFL RB.

I think all this talk about him dogging it because he's already reached agreement with some team like Denver is nothing but BS.

What team makes a verbal commitment which is iron clad with a player? What agent will count on some verbal committment from some GM? What will that verbal committment be worth? The paper it is written on?

Time for White to get real. And it looks like the real White is emerging, and it ain't pretty.

I think all this talk about him dogging it because he's already reached agreement with some team like Denver is nothing but BS.

What team makes a verbal commitment which is iron clad with a player? What agent will count on some verbal committment from some GM? What will that verbal committment be worth? The paper it is written on?

Time for White to get real. And it looks like the real White is emerging, and it ain't pretty.
The conspiracy theory type of talk is the last string of hope that LenDale White supporters are clinging to. It's kinda sad actually.

As inexplicable as it sounds, Williams could drop to the 20s (New England?). Be prepared for the name "Ernie Sims" to be called if it wasn't called before #17.
I think Sims will go before #17. I'm thinking the Rams (Raonall Smith?) or the Eagles.If the Vikings do end up with Sims, that shout of joy will be me! I think the two best scenarios are for the Vikings to have either Williams or Sims on the board at their pick. Both are distinct possibilities.

I'd be happy with either, although I think I'd lean toward Williams as a decent LB should be there with one of their two 2nd's but a RB of Williams' talent obviously won't.

All that, however, has set off a bit of a buzz that White may have already agreed on terms with a team that's going to take him in the first round and doesn’t want anyone scooping them.
If he were a legit; no doubt about it; mortal lock to be a top 5 or even top 10 pick, I would buy that. However, he is not. He is currently an injured player that has alleged maturity issues. Trust a team like the Titans, for example, have made casual inquiries into the agents of players like Bush, Leinart, Young, Williams, Hawk, Davis, Ferguson to determine interest and signability and gauge the probability of a camp holdout. Conversely, I do not see a team buried in the middle of round one hitching their wagon to White and not keeping their options open. You never know who might fall in the draft, as one man's trash is always another man's treasure. There is just no way I could see White's management team instructing him to loaf and half ### his pro day; feign injury; exhibit such a relaxed attitude and show no regard for the NFL drafting process because they, management team, had a verbal White is going to get picked somewhere between 11-32 by a specific team. That business strategy is going to cost the kid money...lots and lots of money. The salary cliff is SUBSTANTIAL after the 10th pick. No agent in their right mind would advise a client to act as such. It is not in the kid's best interest and it is sure as hell not in the agent's best interest.

No agent would agree on a verbal. Ever. If it is not in writing; signed and notartized, then it does not exist. The goal is to get them to sign on the line that is dotted. Anything beyond that does not matter. White's resume at USC speaks for itself. The guy can play football. What is a little concerning, though, is some of his recent comments following the pro day. They are the things a young, unpolished, somewhat entitled 21 year old athlete would say. How much of that is a transgression of youth and how much of that is his identity? Too early for me to make that call but trust 32 scouting deparments are digging up every lead they have on White's personal contacts to reach that conclusion.

I would imagine he gets a fair amount of coaching over the next few weeks and I would be shocked if he is left on his own for interview purposes moving forward. Agree or not and injured or not but White did hurt his earning potential Sunday.

Casserly is correct. Teams are going to expect to see him run between now and April 28th.

What team makes a verbal commitment which is iron clad with a player?  What agent will count on some verbal committment from some GM?  What will that verbal committment be worth?  The paper it is written on?

The conspiracy theory type of talk is the last string of hope that LenDale White supporters are clinging to. It's kinda sad actually.
I am a LenDale White supporter because of what I've seen on film. I would like to see him run the 40 in under 4.6, but timed speed is overrated. it's all about PAD SPEED, and production ON THE FIELD. Terrell Davis never ran fast in the 40, but he was awesome on the field.

LenDale was on Total Access last night and seemed very upset that he couldn't run. I'm sure it was damage control to a certain degree, but the kid seemed genuine.

Somebody mentioned it before, but we won't know for sure until the season begins.

I saw somewhere that Lendale White is being represented by Eugene Parker, anybody know what kind of agent he is?

I'm reporting both sides, lest I seem biased. The plot thickens...

From Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that a team "in the teens" told LenDale White they would draft him in the first round.

Perhaps this explains White's disinterest in his Pro Day. Teams have been known to not follow through with guarantees, so it's still a risky move. With Shefter's connections in Denver, it's hard not to speculate the Broncos may be the team. Apr. 4 - 7:47 pm et

I'm reporting both sides, lest I seem biased. The plot thickens...

From Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that a team "in the teens" told LenDale White they would draft him in the first round.

Perhaps this explains White's disinterest in his Pro Day. Teams have been known to not follow through with guarantees, so it's still a risky move. With Shefter's connections in Denver, it's hard not to speculate the Broncos may be the team. Apr. 4 - 7:47 pm et
Here is the same report (with a bit more info)http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9357955

WHITE LIES

For all the public talk of USC running back LenDale White sliding in the draft, there also is just as much behind-the-scenes talk of him getting drafted just where many predicted.

One team in the 20s recently encouraged White not to run before the draft so it can pounce on him with its selection in the first round. Another team in the mid-teens already has told White it plans on drafting him.

Teams have questions about White's hamstring, which he initially hurt on a Cybex machine at the Combine, and then re-injured while running three weeks ago. But teams also know White's production, and no matter how much his reputation is sullied in the coming days, it still looks like White will be a first-round pick.

---------------------------------

The only team in the Mid teens that would take him is Denver. (I doubt the Eagles or Ravens go RB in round 1) I think Denver would LOVE to take him with their #22

Why would a player forfeit millions to drop in the draft? What agent in their right mind would instruct a player to do such a thing? Honest, devil's advocate type questions. I am curious to hear someone explain each of those points.

Why would a player forfeit millions to drop in the draft? What agent in their right mind would instruct a player to do such a thing? Honest, devil's advocate type questions. I am curious to hear someone explain each of those points.
Some possibilities:- White is from Colorado. Who wouldn't want to play for the home team?

- White knows Denver's history with RBs. Anyone can produce in that system.

- White knows that he can't run a fast 40 time. If you know you don't have the physical tools to be a workout warrior, you might not want to risk trying.

I'm not saying that I buy the first round guarantee conspiracy theory, but it can't be ruled out entirely. Draft day could be pretty telling.

Why would a player forfeit millions to drop in the draft?  What agent in their right mind would instruct a player to do such a thing?  Honest, devil's advocate type questions.  I am curious to hear someone explain each of those points.
Some possibilities:- White is from Colorado. Who wouldn't want to play for the home team?

- White knows that he can't run a fast 40 time. If you know you don't have the physical tools to be a workout warrior, you might not want to risk trying.

I'm not saying that I buy the first round guarantee conspiracy theory, but it can't be ruled out entirely. Draft day could be pretty telling.
Valid points but I am having a very hard time swallowing this pill. I do not know any agent that would give that type of career advice to a player and I do not know very many players that would be so casual about potentially forfeiting that much in bonus money.

Valid points but I am having a very hard time swallowing this pill. I do not know any agent that would give that type of career advice to a player and I do not know very many players that would be so casual about potentially forfeiting that much in bonus money.
Well how much bonus money could he lose? Most expected him to go about midway through round 1 (not a guarantee either) How much coin does a player lose going from #15 to #31 to #47? Well if he KNOWS he is going to run over 4.6 why bother? Would he be drafted higher if he runs 4.7 or if he doesn't run?

Why would a player forfeit millions to drop in the draft?  What agent in their right mind would instruct a player to do such a thing?  Honest, devil's advocate type questions.  I am curious to hear someone explain each of those points.

Well how much bonus money could he lose? Most expected him to go about midway through round 1 (not a guarantee either) How much coin does a player lose going from #15 to #31 to #47? Well if he KNOWS he is going to run over 4.6 why bother? Would he be drafted higher if he runs 4.7 or if he doesn't run?
There is a significant salary drop at and after 10 and a tremendous difference between the guaranteed money at 15, 31 and 47. I understand him trying to protect himself by not running but trust that Casserly's comments were dead ### accurate. The entire league will expect to see him post an offical 40 time BEFORE the draft and White's college resume, while impressive, will not be enough to bypass that process or protect his draft status...he will fall and fail financially. Now, that might only be temporary, which is to suggest that he lands on his feet; produces and restructures a contract in a couple seasons, but he could very well be one, two or three seasons and done. If he KNOWS he is only going to post a 4.6 or higher, then trust the scouts KNOW the same thing. The scouts probably know a little more about White too at this point, given the amount of digging they do into a kid's background before picking him.

The kid is playing a game of chicken and I am not sure NFL scouts are going to be the first one to blink.

He only benched 225 14 times

Reggie Bush did 10 more reps and is about 30 pounds ligther than white
I'm not defending White, but if you buy the conspiracy theory, then you have to also consider the possibility that he loafed it in the bench press. You don't have to lift that bar if you don't want to. Anyhow, I don't necessarily buy the idea that he tanked on purpose, but it wouldn't be hard to bomb on the bench press if you wanted to.

Just came across this--perhaps White won't fall nearly as far as some are beginning to think:

"Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports there are some behind-the-scenes talk of USC RB LenDale White not slipping in the NFL Draft as some stories have gone since his poor performance at his Pro Day workout Sunday, April 2. One team drafting in the 20s recently encouraged White not to run before the NFL Draft so it can pounce on him with its selection in the first round. Another team in the mid-teens already has told White it plans on drafting him."

Mid-teens? 13. Baltimore 14. Philadelphia 15. Denver :popcorn:

Just came across this--perhaps White won't fall nearly as far as some are beginning to think:

"Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports there are some behind-the-scenes talk of USC RB LenDale White not slipping in the NFL Draft as some stories have gone since his poor performance at his Pro Day workout Sunday, April 2. One team drafting in the 20s recently encouraged White not to run before the NFL Draft so it can pounce on him with its selection in the first round. Another team in the mid-teens already has told White it plans on drafting him."

Mid-teens? 13. Baltimore 14. Philadelphia 15. Denver :popcorn:
If I'm Lendale, why settle for something in the "mid-teens"? I'd be trying to bust my butt to get in the top 10. That right there is a poor character quality. He's not willing to work harder to make himself better. He's gonna sign that rookie contract and bust and like I said earlier, he'll be waiver wire fodder after about 2 years.

If I'm Lendale, why settle for something in the "mid-teens"? I'd be trying to bust my butt to get in the top 10. That right there is a poor character quality.
I had written a long response to this but, opinion, you summed it up. Nothing more needs to be said at this point, as you nailed it, and I do not care how many yards or touchdowns White ran for or scored at USC. Trust that 32 teams...sorry, 31...have formulated this opinion about the young man and have adjusted their draft boards accordingly.If White and his agent are taking career advice from a team drafting in the 20's, then I seriously question both the EQ and IQ capacity of everyone involved in that decision making process. Here is something to think about.

After speaking to someone that was at the pro day, I learned that as freakish and mind blowing as Bush's workout was that White's was equally pathetic. White could not have picked a worse day to be injured, which is not his fault, or loaf, which was allegedly an instruction given to him from a team drafting in their 20's. (Speaking from personal experience, that is the biggest bucket of #### I have seen someone try to sell in a long time.)

There is a reasonable chance that White did really piss on himself Sunday. He really is hurt. He really did show up in bad shape. Bush really did do that well and, now, the White camp is panic. These reports are being generated by White's management in an effort to protect their client's draft status and earning potential. It is someone minimizing collateral damage and putting out one massive fire. They fabricated a story/excuse and contacted a reporter. It would not be the first time it happened.

There is a reasonable chance that White did really piss on himself Sunday. He really is hurt. He really did show up in bad shape. Bush really did do that well and, now, the White camp is panic. These reports are being generated by White's management in an effort to protect their client's draft status and earning potential. It is someone minimizing collateral damage and putting out one massive fire. They fabricated a story/excuse and contacted a reporter. It would not be the first time it happened.
A conspiracy about the conspiracy. :popcorn: I like this explanation. It has reality written all over it. My niece was there. She said he went gloomy after the bench press. He didn't act like he wanted to be there. At another site some are making a big deal of Steeler reps spending about 45 minutes with LenDale. She said, "Yeah sure. I saw some of that. They were trying to get an explanation. They were disappointed more in his attitude than his hamstring. You couldn't have watched that and got the impression it was a positive conversation. Lots of bad body language from both sides."

Users who are viewing this thread