What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let’s talk Gerhart vs Starks vs Todman (1 Viewer)

NajehHejan

Footballguy
Which waiver wire RB is the one to go after for Week 15?

Gerhart at home vs the Eagles, who can be run on. When given the opportunity, Gerhart has put up RB2ish numbers in PPR. He rarely lays an egg. Pretty safe play, with RB1 upside as well. No one should eat into his touches. High likelihood AP sits with nothing to play for in Minn.

Starks at Dallas, who can be run on. When given the opportunity, Starks has either shined or faceplanted. Can be an RB4/5 or an RB1. Good chance Lacy sits, though he may play through it, especially if Rodgers can’t go, and also since GB is still alive in the playoff hunt.

Todman vs Buffalo, who can be shredded on the ground. MJD iffy to play, but the most likely of all 3 injured RB’s to play. I know nothing about Todman – folks what is his deal.

Didn’t do a pole, but would love thoughts and rankings.

I say Gerhart, Todman, then Starks.

Is Lacy really going to sit? Didnt he come back in? If so I like Starks alot, Dallas cant stop anyone on D, even a Flynn led Packer squad should score plenty of points

Is Lacy really going to sit? Didnt he come back in? If so I like Starks alot, Dallas cant stop anyone on D, even a Flynn led Packer squad should score plenty of points
Just going off the Rotoworld blurbs where McCarthy said he’s not sure if he’ll be ready, and Lacy admitting he was ineffective after returning.

Basically 4 RB's to choose from and none of these guys are rostered in my league either. Will be very interesting to see who becomes this week's Marcel Reece.

Just going off the Rotoworld blurbs where McCarthy said he’s not sure if he’ll be ready, and Lacy admitting he was ineffective after returning.
Yeah sometime those ankles get you even after you play on it for awhile

This is a complete ####### guessing game... Since pretty much no info comes out on Tuesdays, we are all throwing darts.

The fact that Lacy/Bush have a late game & MNF, leaves a lot of owners in a fantasy bind.

• If Miller is a no go, you gotta like Thomas.
  • If Lacy is a no go, you gotta like Starks
  • If Gerhart is okay, you gotta like him, AP prob won't play - absolutely no reason for him to be on the field & management knows this
  • Bush owners who don't own Bell are in the biggest bind
  • Jennings was close last week and you gotta think he comes back, leaving Reece with a low floor and a low ceiling
Guessing, I take Gerhart > Thomas > Starks > Todman > Reece

Sincerely,

Miserable Bush/Lacy owner

This is a complete ####### guessing game... Since pretty much no info comes out on Tuesdays, we are all throwing darts.

The fact that Lacy/Bush have a late game & MNF, leaves a lot of owners in a fantasy bind.

• If Gerhart is okay, you gotta like him, AP prob won't play - absolutely no reason for him to be on the field & management knows this
  • Jennings was close last week and you gotta think he comes back, leaving Reece with a low floor and a low ceiling

Sincerely,

I thought i saw Jennings has passed his concussion tests

Of those, I think Gerhart is probably the best guy to acquire if you factor in likelihood of him playing, which is pretty close to 100%. But if all of those backups get the start, I like Starks to put up the best numbers. He's already shown this year he can shred a bad D, and Dallas just can't stop anyone.

I missed out on Gerhart but own Lacy, so I picked up Starks for Ray Rice (who wasn't going to start for me anyway). If Lacy sits I'll have a choice between Roddy and Starks for my flex, and I think I'll probably go Starks.

Sincerely,

If Lacy was out I'd like Starks vs Dallas over all those guys. That Dallas matchup is terrific.

I'm a big fan of Gerhart but a couple things bother me: 1. the hamstring, that limits RBs and even sometimes make them come out as a surprise, 2. he wasn't doing much before the big run by the looks of it. - Overall I believe he has produced pretty well FF-wise when in for ADP, and in fact he catches a few balls. I would also wonder whether it's good or bad for Cassel or Ponder to be in there. - I'm just saying, as a pure RB I like Gerhart the best but there is a lot of uncertainty there.

Todman and Thomas could be starters, those could both be good situations. Buffalo seems like a better matchup that NE, but maybe it's a coin flip.

Reece - love this guy as a player, I would love to start him if given the chance but it looks like Jennings is coming back so never mind.

Another thing, in a lot of leagues Todman might be the only of these really generally available. I guess I'd be surprised if many had all of these choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sincerely,

If Lacy was out I'd like Starks vs Dallas over all those guys. That Dallas matchup is terrific.
Couldn't agree more - There are two key issues with this as of right now:

1) Lacy is 50/50 now - He did tough it out in the second half, so there is a decent shot he goes

2) It is a 4 oclock game - Hard gambling in that situation... Gerhart has a healthy matchup and we'll know the status bc he plays in 1 oclock game - Mainly why I like Gerhart the best for a WW claim

I'm severely tempted to drop Garçon ( hasn't been starting for me anyways ) for Starks purely as a move to stop my other playoff opponents with RB trouble ( between them this season they have owned or do own Foster, James, MJD, Lacy, AP ) , picking him up.

Starks has an unbelievable matchup this week. If Lacy doesn't go he could be a match winning backup play.

Well, in one league I have Lacy and Peterson, so let's just say I will be making some moves tonight. I also have Vereen and Rice, so worse comes to worse, I can play them, but I don't like Rice's matchup at Detroit, so I would be more than willing to have Gerhart/Starks in if they play. Also, Vereen has been my flex. This is a huge game for me in that league since the winner of my game more than likely wins it all next week (anything can happen, but the highest scoring teams thus far easily).

I think Lacy will play and I am a bit worried that Gerhart had the hammy issue. Did Gerhart play after he got hurt? One sneaky play IMHO is Patterson (available in this league - no waivers for non-playoff teams and very short benches) if Gerhart somehow doesn't play. Reminds me of playing Harvin two years ago when Peterson was hurt and he got runs and receptions.

If Jennings is back, then Reece is of no value or at least not worth the risk. Daniel Thomas is very attractive option if Miller sits with a great matchup as well. I think I would put it as Starks or Thomas and then Gerhart if all 3 get the start since I am in a PPR league. If Gerhart can't play as well, then I almost think it would be Patterson then Starks or Thomas. I think Starks and Thomas are pretty even. If Rodgers is back, I could really see a big aerial day, whereas I could easily see a huge amount of runs for Thomas.

Just a thought on the JAX situation... we've got very little evidence suggesting Todman is a good player outside of his preseason performance. Not much to show for his efforts in real games. I could see the Jags using Ace Sanders as a sort of extension of the run game in that short passing game out of the backfield. There's also a chance they try to get Denard Robinson more involved...

Just saying, the Jags would be pretty hands off for me barring a truly desperate situation.

FWI reports are saying Miller's concussion isn't severe (got in a limited practice today), the severity of Gerhart's hamstring is unknown and the odds of AP playing look incredibly slim.

I don't need help at the position but will likely look to acquire someone named here for depth. Regardless, we all know how large of an impact fresh legs can make during the playoffs. My thoughts, in order of who interests me the most assuming they got the nod/are healthy enough to go..

Starks - No-brainer here. DAL's rush defense is of the preseason caliber; they're allowing the most PPG to RBs on the season.

D. Thomas - NE's Wilfork-less run defense can be run on for days. Assuming Thomas was near 100% and Miller sat, I very much like the match-up (and how he matches up vs. this defense).

Gerhart - He's looked good essentially every time he's touched the ball this year. PHI has however been pretty good against the run lately so I don't love his ceiling.

Todman - Looked good during preseason and BUF's rush defense is quite bad but I've always been under the impression that MJD never had a true/desriable handcuff. Would at least take a wait and see approach.

Like Todman quite a bit. He'll get 20+ touches against a bad defense at home, including all red zone chances. Team wants to run a lot.

Like Todman quite a bit. He'll get 20+ touches against a bad defense at home, including all red zone chances. Team wants to run a lot.
Is MJD out? I know Miller and Lacy have been mentioned, but seems like both of them have good chances to play. Gerhart might be the safest add so far just based on Peterson looking the least likely to play. Hard to tell, but unlike Miller and Lacy, the Vikings are out of it, so sitting Peterson could be done more easily even if he could go.

AD and MJD owner here. Going with Matthews and whoever I can snag on the wire.

Right now I'm thinking Todman, Toby, Starks, Thomas, in that order, but will adjust depending on who looks like they'll play.

Semi finals and I'm looking for an RB2 on the wire with Matthews as my RB1...FML

I would prefer Gerhart if he's 100% (he has a little hamstring issue at the moment). Best talent of the lot and also capable of catching garbage time passes if the game gets out of hand. He may not win your game for you, but it's pretty unlikely that he totally craps the bed.

Is MJD out? I know Miller and Lacy have been mentioned, but seems like both of them have good chances to play. Gerhart might be the safest add so far just based on Peterson looking the least likely to play. Hard to tell, but unlike Miller and Lacy, the Vikings are out of it, so sitting Peterson could be done more easily even if he could go.
This is what's holding me back. I have Starks as the handcuff for Lacy already but I would snatch Todman in a heartbeat if MJD is out. Thinking of making the guess anyway because his upside after what Rainey did is just too much to let my opponent get for the week. He's an AP owner so he'll probably waste everything on Gerhart.

I would prefer Gerhart if he's 100% (he has a little hamstring issue at the moment). Best talent of the lot and also capable of catching garbage time passes if the game gets out of hand. He may not win your game for you, but it's pretty unlikely that he totally craps the bed.
But the hammy is what's holding me back.

FWI reports are saying Miller's concussion isn't severe (got in a limited practice today), the severity of Gerhart's hamstring is unknown and the odds of AP playing look incredibly slim.

I don't need help at the position but will likely look to acquire someone named here for depth. Regardless, we all know how large of an impact fresh legs can make during the playoffs. My thoughts, in order of who interests me the most assuming they got the nod/are healthy enough to go..

Starks - No-brainer here. DAL's rush defense is of the preseason caliber; they're allowing the most PPG to RBs on the season.

- I'd worry about lacy splitting carries, and I think lee will be back, fwiw

D. Thomas - NE's Wilfork-less run defense can be run on for days. Assuming Thomas was near 100% and Miller sat, I very much like the match-up (and how he matches up vs. this defense).

- just be aware the pats signed a guy named sealver siliga off the ps a couple weeks ago to block another club from poaching him.

this was the first game he got any significant snaps, playing 69%, and he did a good job plugging up the middle of that leaky d-line

of course, he was plugging it up against willis mcgahee, but the pats might've helped themselves in this area going fwd

Gerhart - He's looked good essentially every time he's touched the ball this year. PHI has however been pretty good against the run lately so I don't love his ceiling.

- hammy?

Todman - Looked good during preseason and BUF's rush defense is quite bad but I've always been under the impression that MJD never had a true/desriable handcuff. Would at least take a wait and see approach.

Cowboys at home - not automatic run D sieve. Raiders went 25-50 rushing vs. the Boys 2 weeks ago when I thought it was a tremendous matchup, though Jennings did get 2 short scores.

- I'd worry about lacy splitting carries, and I think lee will be back, fwiw

- just be aware the pats signed a guy named sealver siliga off the ps a couple weeks ago to block another club from poaching him.

this was the first game he got any significant snaps, playing 69%, and he did a good job plugging up the middle of that leaky d-line

of course, he was plugging it up against willis mcgahee, but the pats might've helped themselves in this area going fwd

- hammy?

Those rankings were operating under the assumption that each players situation was optimal, i.e, Lacy sits, Gerhart's hammy is a non issue etc. etc. Good info on NE's line though. It'

Just a thought regarding gerhart and how minny plans to play things without Peterson... I believe cordarelle Patterson could get at least a handful of plays out if the backfield without ADP as reportedly they have been growing those packages lately to get the ball in his hands...

Just a thought regarding gerhart and how minny plans to play things without Peterson... I believe cordarelle Patterson could get at least a handful of plays out if the backfield without ADP as reportedly they have been growing those packages lately to get the ball in his hands...
I believe you could be right. I don't think that hinders Gerhart though.

packer_junkie said:
Lacy will play.. what about Daniel Thomas vs. New England? If miller sits w/ concussion
Lamar Miller (concussion) was cleared to practice Tuesday.
Miller was spotted getting some exercise in during Tuesday's session, a tremendous sign just two days after his concussion. He'll still have to go through some steps in order to get cleared for game action, but he's certainly on the right track. If Miller doesn't feel any symptoms this week, he'll be an excellent bet to suit up against the Patriots come Sunday. In that scenario, we'd expect something close to an even timeshare with Daniel Thomas -- leaving both backs as unappealing fantasy plays.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7408/lamar-miller

How effective will Gerhart be though if Philly gets out to a big lead which is a distinct possibility? I like the Thomas play but it likes like Miller is gonna play.

Any updates on McGahee or Jennings? I think Ogbunayya or Reece would be great plug and plays this week
From what I'm reading McGahee is looking like a no-go, Jennings is looking like he will play.

Also, Gerhart isn't going to try to get in a practice until Friday. The hammy injury is at least somewhat serious.

God, so many choices. I hate choices, I always choose wrong. Two playoff games, one with ADP and Lacy (now Vereen and Lacy/Rice/Gerhart) and one with Forte and god knows who (Miller, Brown, Ogby or Fozzy/Todman on the wire). Arrgh, I was rolling nicely. Losing ADP and Lacy with good matchups just sucks. Please fantasy gods, heal them and heal them soon. :tebowing:

This is like week 15 5 years ago... Jerome Harrison or Arian Foster?

Arian Foster fumbled on his first carry and road the bench for the entire game. Harrison ran for 250/3.

Guess who I picked :kicksrock:

Maybe I'll take the Brown this time.

Users who are viewing this thread