What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let-down week for the Broncos? (1 Viewer)

Shutout

Footballguy
I mean, it IS the Jags. How much effort will the Broncos have to put forth in this one?

Is this one of those games where you better get your fantasy points early because its basically over in the 1st quarter?

I know no one on the planet is benching Manning, the Thomas twins, Welker, etc. But could this be one of the "sit Moreno" games?

Broncos defense is terrible, Chad Henne is starting and much better than Gabbert, and the Jags have two stud WRs. Im not saying itll be close but I seriously doubt this game is over in the 1st quarter

Yeah, I'm starting Blackmon and Shorts with confidence in any leagues I own them. Probably slotting them both in here and there in dailies as well this week. I doubt the Broncos just sit down in this game though. The Henne won't hesitate to sling the ball around and they do have WRs to make some plays. Will probably be one of those 50-24 type games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless Denver is up 40 going into the 4th quarter, I expect them to play it out and continue to pile on the points. With Blackmon back, he and Shorts are actually not a bad 1-2 combo. It's more of a matter of can MJD get

a little running room and make Denver honor the run some instead of double covering the WRs all the time, and can the QB actually not suck for 4 quarters...

:lmao:

If you sit any Broncos this week, you deserve to lose. The line could be 50 and the Broncos could surpass it if they wanted to.

The line at -28 is embarassing and even though betting shouldn't be used for nfl motivation I bet it is.I don't think that Jax can hang. Looking at a fantasy perspective, I'm scared to start Broncos for early resting/benching and I'm thinking of claiming Henne to use as a replacement for my injured Vick this week. Broncos swiss cheese D and the thought of Jax having to play from behind with attitude the whole game us pretty enticing.

According to vegas--taking the point spread and the over/under into account (currently)--Vegas is projecting a final score in the 41-13 range--which should leave plenty of room for a lot of the broncos players to have big games. I wouldn't sit any of the main guys. Hillman and Ball could arguably even be very low end flex options with high upside this week.

The line at -28 is embarassing and even though betting shouldn't be used for nfl motivation I bet it is.I don't think that Jax can hang. Looking at a fantasy perspective, I'm scared to start Broncos for early resting/benching and I'm thinking of claiming Henne to use as a replacement for my injured Vick this week. Broncos swiss cheese D and the thought of Jax having to play from behind with attitude the whole game us pretty enticing.
scared to start broncos? have you lost your mind.

FFL isnt hard people, dont do the dumb over-thinking thing

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I seem to recall the Colts often having a let-down game agains the Jags when they were heavy favorites. Seems like the Jags were in a lot of those games that they shouldn't have been.

No let down. But for Peyton owners, be on the lookout for 3-4 rushing TDs this week. Maybe only a couple TD passes.
3 TD passes guaranteed. Probably 4. Why would he treat this team any different?
I'm just telling ya. They have to slow down at some point. He ain't throwing 64 TDs. Plus all these plays are putting guys at unnecessary risk for injuries. No reason to throw when up on the Jags 27-3 at half time. They want the Lombardi, not the FF record book.

No let down. But for Peyton owners, be on the lookout for 3-4 rushing TDs this week. Maybe only a couple TD passes.
I'm just telling ya. They have to slow down at some point. He ain't throwing 64 TDs. Plus all these plays are putting guys at unnecessary risk for injuries. No reason to throw when up on the Jags 27-3 at half time. They want the Lombardi, not the FF record book.
Manning wants records. 3 TDs guaranteed. He may not throw 64 but he is smashing the record even though someday someone will surpass it in this 'can't touch anyone without a flag' new NFL.

peyton wants to beat tom bradys record of 50 td pass, bank on that.

He might not throw 64, but 51 seems very do-able

Sounds like someone playing against him this week. Until you show me proof that Peyton can be stopped this year, there is no need to talk as if he is not a superhuman QB.

they won't let up till the mid 4th.... and I wouldn't be surprised if Manning comes back into the game during redzone plays ala Brady a couple of yrs ago against Washington

Sounds like someone playing against him this week. Until you show me proof that Peyton can be stopped this year, there is no need to talk as if he is not a superhuman QB.
Sounds like someone knew exactly what he was talking about. This guy.

So much for not treating different teams differently, and those guaranteed 3 TD passes.

Come on in and get your crow boys.

Manning wants wins and rings - not records - In Indy (and now) he was content to hand off the ball repeatedly if it gave his team the best chance of winning - don't know where all this "he wants records" talk is coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread