What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let me tell you, a little bit about the Giants. (1 Viewer)

ElectricShockey

Footballguy
I don't know what Peyton ever told Eli about getting drafted to a sucky team ...... or Archie told Peyton, and Eli ... but this team is going to the playoffs.Eli needs that young WR ... and I'm sure he wil get it in the draft .... the future. We get a first rounder this time. But right now .... you ride Tiki all the way. He made one of the top running defenses in the NFL look weak, while Eli threw a lot of bad passes.I don't mean to say the Giants are looking towards next year .... but the Giants are a rookie breakout (see: Anquan Boldin) WR away from being a serious threat. Soon.I think they can win a playoff game, this year .... but not if Eli can't show up, it doesn't matter. No Superbowl .... this year.

Love to say Dynasty too .... but I dunno how we could ever replace Tiki Barber.I used to compare him to Joe Morris and Rodney Hampton ... but he's more like Barry Sanders. I don't remember seeing a RB for the Giants produce like this ...... ever. And that's because, nobody has. Ever.Eli Manning .... kinda looked bad today. He'll learn, sure ... but if he wants to break throwing records .... he's gonna hafta let other people win the game .... for the win. He get's that, as a pro now. "Yes .... you gotta go in there and end the game. Be smart about it." says the Special Teams coach and then the coach get's involved yelling, "We got this game won, Micahelksov is ripping up this field ... nobody can stop him."Yeah, too bad but I was the little defensive lineman, where my 160 body was actually efective against high school kids.I started lifting. My sophomore year in HS. Drug free. Ran track in junior high ..... might have made FB or TE, or SS or DB .... and I regert not playing HS football, I might have made it to the NFL as a special teams player. But even though I am 6 feet tall, I'm fast ... and I WAS strong ... there's no way to say I coulda played as a regular blocker ... I would take you up off the ground and move you, I woula played and, I could run with the ball. I coulda been an NFL fullback if I worked at it.210 pounds now. Fat as ever, and I am walking wanting to ride a bike again .... I can lose 20 lbs fast. I can gold 200 lbs at, 6 foot 1 .... but I'd rather weigh 190.My brother is 5'9" and benched 340, I think was his max. He was stout.I'm 210 ... just because I have a bad diet. I can get down to 190, and at 6' and 3/4" that is not bad. Even if I'm bald. I have a pass, you have never seen, where it's end over end. A flip.I know guys that say they can't catch .... but when that underflpper snaps into thieir hands.Like to say I am usually the best QB on my team .... but if my wide open WRs drop the ball .... there'e nothing I can do about that. A perfect pass is not always caught.Eli .... needs to grow into a talented weapon as a QB in the NFL. And he's obviously not a weapon right now. Tiki Barber on the other hand is ...... tearin' it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Eli is that good. The last several weeks he has made several poor throws resulting in missed opportunities. They are not going very far until he becomes more consistent.

He's been inconsistent as hell, but when he gets into that 2-minute drill you just know there is *something* there, and this is coming from someone who hated the trade to get him.The team can win a playoff game, but once they go on the road - it's over. In 2 years, Eli will be a premier NFL QB and he'll have Plax, Shockey and at that time a Tiki who should be playing a complimentary role - like Faulk now, only he'd be "good." They need another WR and in a year or so, another RB. Jacobs isn't it.

I don't think Eli is that good. The last several weeks he has made several poor throws resulting in missed opportunities. They are not going very far until he becomes more consistent.
The guy has 20 starts under his belt. He has already shown that he has a couple things you can not teach - (1) The uncanny ability to perform when it is most needed, even after not playing well. Be it the 4th quarter, or on third down, he has been money (2) Doesnt get bothered by mistakes. And he is young, mistakes will happen - but he comes back, and leads his team.The guys is a very young QB who is learning each week. As I said before, when I began to realize how special Eli will be (already is to a degree), we are bound to have some hills and valleys. He is a young, still learning QB - who happens to have a couple intangibles that lead to the MOST important stat for a QB.

Wins.

Ride Tiki and Shockey all the way. And let Feely kick the clutch field goal. Throw the odd big third down to Toomer. Don't make huge mistakes Eli and this has the makings of the team that plays big bro in the big one.

But right now .... you ride Tiki all the way. He made one of the top running defenses in the NFL look weak, while Eli threw a lot of bad passes.
Don't give me the deceiving stat about "no 100 yard rushers"...KC is nowhere near a top running Defense.

But right now .... you ride Tiki all the way. He made one of the top running defenses in the NFL look weak, while Eli threw a lot of bad passes.
Don't give me the deceiving stat about "no 100 yard rushers"...KC is nowhere near a top running Defense.
My grandma could have ran for a buck fifty on the Kansas City Chiefs the way they played tonight. I lost count of how many tackles they missed but it was an extremely large number. :banned:

Tiki Barber is definitly Eli's best friend.He keeps the defense honest and more worried about his slithering than Eli throwing the ball.Barber bails Eli out on passing downs and supliments his passing yardage. Right now Barber is number 3 in recieving yardage for Rbs and has always been good at this.Barber seems to be getting better as time goes on but with his age and the increased number of touches he is getting you have to wonder how much longer he can keep this up.

My grandma could have ran for a buck fifty on the Kansas City Chiefs the way they played tonight. I lost count of how many tackles they missed but it was an extremely large number. :banned:
Denver ran for over 200 on them, but it was between 3 backs.Their secondary is easier to pick on, so teams pass rather than run. If not that, it's because they are playing with leads with that awesome O-line/running game making teams have to play catch-up.

Whatever the reasons they have complied that selective statistic, which announcers throw out there (about the "no 100 yard rushers" stat), it is NOT because they have a stout rush defense. No way.

Something that works nicely with Eli and Tiki is the fact that his weaknesses of youth aside, Eli throws as nice a long ball as anyone this side of his brother (tonight was the first time I have really seen him struggle with the longball) - you put an extra guy in the box, and send Plax deep, you have a good chance for a catch or penalty.

Sure, he has not been throwed into the fire, well until Warner got hurt. Then he was, as a rookie, named the starter.I have faith that the deal for Eli Manning, and that he will get better.There are doubters, and Kerry Collins fans that have disagreed with me about dealing for Manning in the draftt. Clearly, as I said Ricky Williams would be "a bust" I wanted the Giants to lose 6 straight games and "get" Eli manning. There was a clear point, where the season was over, with 6 games left to go ... and yeah, I think we did it to geet Eli.Think Dynasty. The New York Giants are about to totally dominate the NFL. Sorry Tuna .... you shoulda stayed retired. Cowgirls .... last whimper. Even Parcells can't save 'em.JUST FYI: The win, by the Cowboys against the Giants .... was pure luck. Eli. moving that team down the field in the 4th quarter of a chess game .......GET USED TOO IT!!!p.s. Go Arizona, Wildcats ... hoops.

Hi GF. Agreed the Giants are a big factor next year but it's not a WR they need, it's a CB. Their secondary needs help, they should be fine on offense. Eli's gotta get more accurate.

Hi GF. Agreed the Giants are a big factor next year but it's not a WR they need, it's a CB. Their secondary needs help, they should be fine on offense. Eli's gotta get more accurate.
Right on. I say they look DB, DB and OL in the draft. Eli will be a year wiser and have that much more time to develop a connection with Plax and Shockey. Need to get some more young blood to build up with Snee and McKenzie on the line. Along with another year of Stahan and Umi being a year better, you have Tuck.

DB is the one glaring hole. I would expect to draft a WR at some point as well, but your priority is DB, big time.

We all agree Eli did not look like a franchise player tonight. I think .... the coach saw something, called "bad tackles" and ran Tiki all night.You all can try and define that game against KC however you want to, but uhhh ....the Giants did win .... in the end.

I just wanna be clear ..... not a lie, there was a bad call during a field goal a couple years ago.That Toomer TD ... was legit. By a sliver, but legit. Called right.I don't wanna hear any "bad call" complaints.Mkay?

Just FYI ... that NYG kick against San Francisco ... was a playoff game.You'd think I'd be over that, but I'm not. I was sure there was a flag thrown that San Fran had innterfered .... I said to you, right there on the phone, "That's interference .... spot the ball on the two ........ wait .... what?" and Linds ... countered with a "Screw You!" and ... stunned was not really the right word. Back when the whole damned NFC East fell apart and there was ... Terell Owens ... dancing on the Dallas star.Maybe you like the Cowboys, but ...... as a Giants fan .... I wont stand for it.

Love to say Dynasty too .... but I dunno how we could ever replace Tiki Barber.

I used to compare him to Joe Morris and Rodney Hampton ... but he's more like Barry Sanders. I don't remember seeing a RB for the Giants produce like this ...... ever. And that's because, nobody has. Ever.

Eli Manning .... kinda looked bad today. He'll learn, sure ... but if he wants to break throwing records .... he's gonna hafta let other people win the game .... for the win. He get's that, as a pro now. "Yes .... you gotta go in there and end the game. Be smart about it." says the Special Teams coach and then the coach get's involved yelling, "We got this game won, Micahelksov is ripping up this field ... nobody can stop him."

Yeah, too bad but I was the little defensive lineman, where my 160 body was actually efective against high school kids.

I started lifting. My sophomore year in HS. Drug free. Ran track in junior high ..... might have made FB or TE, or SS or DB .... and I regert not playing HS football, I might have made it to the NFL as a special teams player. But even though I am 6 feet tall, I'm fast ... and I WAS strong ... there's no way to say I coulda played as a regular blocker ... I would take you up off the ground and move you, I woula played and, I could run with the ball. I coulda been an NFL fullback if I worked at it.

210 pounds now. Fat as ever, and I am walking wanting to ride a bike again .... I can lose 20 lbs fast. I can gold 200 lbs at, 6 foot 1 .... but I'd rather weigh 190.

My brother is 5'9" and benched 340, I think was his max. He was stout.

I'm 210 ... just because I have a bad diet. I can get down to 190, and at 6' and 3/4" that is not bad. Even if I'm bald. I have a pass, you have never seen, where it's end over end. A flip.

I know guys that say they can't catch .... but when that underflpper snaps into thieir hands.

Like to say I am usually the best QB on my team .... but if my wide open WRs drop the ball .... there'e nothing I can do about that. A perfect pass is not always caught.

Eli .... needs to grow into a talented weapon as a QB in the NFL. And he's obviously not a weapon right now. Tiki Barber on the other hand is ...... tearin' it up.
:confused:

I used to compare him to Joe Morris and Rodney Hampton ... but he's more like Barry Sanders. I don't remember seeing a RB for the Giants produce like this ...... ever. And that's because, nobody has. Ever.

Eli Manning .... kinda looked bad today. He'll learn, sure ... but if he wants to break throwing records .... he's gonna hafta let other people win the game .... for the win. He get's that, as a pro now. "Yes .... you gotta go in there and end the game. Be smart about it." says the Special Teams coach and then the coach get's involved yelling, "We got this game won, Micahelksov is ripping up this field ... nobody can stop him."

Yeah, too bad but I was the little defensive lineman, where my 160 body was actually efective against high school kids.

I started lifting. My sophomore year in HS. Drug free. Ran track in junior high ..... might have made FB or TE, or SS or DB .... and I regert not playing HS football, I might have made it to the NFL as a special teams player. But even though I am 6 feet tall, I'm fast ... and I WAS strong ... there's no way to say I coulda played as a regular blocker ... I would take you up off the ground and move you, I woula played and, I could run with the ball. I coulda been an NFL fullback if I worked at it.

210 pounds now. Fat as ever, and I am walking wanting to ride a bike again .... I can lose 20 lbs fast. I can gold 200 lbs at, 6 foot 1 .... but I'd rather weigh 190.

I'm 210 ... just because I have a bad diet. I can get down to 190, and at 6' and 3/4" that is not bad. Even if I'm bald. I have a pass, you have never seen, where it's end over end. A flip.

I know guys that say they can't catch .... but when that underflpper snaps into thieir hands.

Like to say I am usually the best QB on my team .... but if my wide open WRs drop the ball .... there'e nothing I can do about that. A perfect pass is not always caught.

Eli .... needs to grow into a talented weapon as a QB in the NFL. And he's obviously not a weapon right now. Tiki Barber on the other hand is ...... tearin' it up.
A few too many of these :banned: ?

ESL?

:goodposting: oh, and :loco:

Denver ran for over 200 on them, but it was between 3 backs.Their secondary is easier to pick on, so teams pass rather than run. If not that, it's because they are playing with leads with that awesome O-line/running game making teams have to play catch-up.

Whatever the reasons they have complied that selective statistic, which announcers throw out there (about the "no 100 yard rushers" stat), it is NOT because they have a stout rush defense. No way.
Must have been your first time watching the Chiefs this week...First the Denver game. It was 2 backs for a buck-50 and a 55 yard end around by Lelie, a WR. That 200+ total was misleading, although the Denver backs did stick it to them. Still, the Chiefs never do well against the Denver run scheme. Besides that 1 game out of the last 20...

They repeatedly shut LT down. Their run D is good, this year and the second half of last year. A lead helps, but the Chiefs haven't really had that many of them. The ypc of the opposing RBs has been low. The typical run is even shorter. The problem is they always give up that untimely 40 yarder, often skewing the stats in the opposite direction. Just look at Tiki's first 6-7 carries. He went NOWHERE.

Chalk one up to Tiki. His running was very impressive (and the Chiefs tackling out of character). He just kept at it.

Don't try and say the Chiefs pass D is so poor nobody runs on them. It often has the opposite effect. The Chiefs will stuff a run on 1st and 2nd down, only to give up a pass on 3rd down for the first. The poor pass D oftentimes provides plenty more running opportunities (to get that one big break). Lather, rinse, repeat. It sure gets old watching it happen over and over again...

Last edited by a moderator:

:no:

I think Tiki Barber may be my favorite player to watch in the NFL right now.Seriously, he was absurd on Saturday. The vision and accelleration made me say "wow" more than once. And I don't say "wow" all that often, let me tell you.Seems like a class act too.

Wow. That was an amazing ride.

Users who are viewing this thread