What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions fans... At #9 who do we take? (1 Viewer)

Who do the Lions take at number 9?

• Michael Huff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winston Justice

• other, please explain why

• Total voters

beaglemac

Footballguy
The Lions need some help at a few positions and Huff and Justice seem to be good fillers for them. I would also be happy with a great LB, but at #9 they may be paying too much for a Linebacker there (hence I wouldn't be pissed with a trade down).

Whatcha think?

They will take a WR, believe me i am not joking.

Dont forget this is the worst runned franchise in the NFL.

This organization is simply loaded with morons from a to z. .
Yeah, at number nine they will take a wr :rolleyes: . I agree it has bad management, but let's be serious here.
They'll take Sinorice Moss or Maurice Drew.

Not a Lion homer, but the WR joke is as old as dirt and lame to boot.

I see the Lions taking 1 of 4 guys. Unless Hawk drops for some strange reason.

1) Huff

2) Justice

3) Cutler

4) Sims

I'm not sure I'm sold on Huff, but I could be wrong and would be OK with either of those 2. I don't think there is much better out there at that spot in the draft unless someone drops, so I wouldn't mind seeing a trade down. I've seen some mocks with them taking another LB, but I think 9 is a little high to be taking a chance.

I'm not sure I'm sold on Huff, but I could be wrong and would be OK with either of those 2. I don't think there is much better out there at that spot in the draft unless someone drops, so I wouldn't mind seeing a trade down. I've seen some mocks with them taking another LB, but I think 9 is a little high to be taking a chance.
Huff is to covering what Roy Williams is to hitting.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I want the Lions to trade back as far as possible tot he late 1st round and pick up as many 2nd and 3rd round picks as they can. I think this is a very deep draft going well into round 3.

Having said that, since in this scenario you don't want trade downs, if they are forced to pick at #9 assuming that the following players are taken: Bush, Ferguson, Young, Leinart, M. Williams and Davis. Obviously two more guys go here before the #9, but it's a BIG ? who.

I voted other. Assuming, all the other guys are available, I say the Lions should take DT Holoti Nagata! He has rare size at 6-4, 338 pounds and has great speed and quickness for his size. He will stuff the run and can make plays behind the line of scrimmage. You pair him with Pro-Bowler Shaun Rogers and you have the makings of the Tampa Bay defense 5 years ago when Sapp and McFarland were in the middle. The problems they would cause as they both would warrant double teams and there just aren't enough blockers, would create havoc for offensive lines. With Shaun Cody coming in on plays to rest them both and play a little DE on running downs would form a lethal defensive line. Wilkinson is likely going to retire, so this would fill that hole and even be an upgrade as he didn't play up to potential given his size.

In the second round, I would want the Lions to go after a speedy linebacker to play the MLB or WLB to take advantage of the space these guys would take up.

I would like to see the Lions trade down and acquire additional picks. I like Winston Justice, but if the Lions don't draft him at #9, he would probably drop to around #15. Why not trade down and maybe add another late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

I see the Lions taking 1 of 4 guys. Unless Hawk drops for some strange reason.

1) Huff

2) Justice

3) Cutler

4) Sims
:thumbup: You pretty much nailed it. If Young fell, he'd be the pick IMO, but he won't. I also wouldn't be shocked if Bunkley was taken here.

My ideal draft has Detroit taking Huff here and Kiwanuka in the 2nd.

Ernie Sims' name has been tossed around as the #9 pick in a couple of mock drafts. What might make him a better selection for the Lions than Huff or Justice?

And don't get me started on Cutler. If the Lions draft a QB, they're in for another two- or three-year rollercoaster ride at that position without shoring up the OL or the defense.

Edit: I voted "Huff" more as a consensus pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, at number nine they will take a wr :rolleyes: . I agree it has bad management, but let's be serious here.
What they absolutely need is a leader at QB but a real leader not a Kitna or a Mccown. And Cutler aint the answer ( has bust written all over )

What they absolutely need is a leader at QB but a real leader not a Kitna or a Mccown. And Cutler aint the answer ( has bust written all over )
Well duh, but this is the #9 pick we are talking about. Obviously Cutler is not an option here... Ngata is a good player and could be there. This wouldnt be a bad pick at all. As for Sims, I like his talent, but there are a ton of LBs that are comparable IMO. So I would rather take another postion and work on LB in the 2nd/3rd rds.

I see the Lions taking 1 of 4 guys.  Unless Hawk drops for some strange reason.

1) Huff

2) Justice

3) Cutler

4) Sims
:thumbup: You pretty much nailed it. If Young fell, he'd be the pick IMO, but he won't. I also wouldn't be shocked if Bunkley was taken here.

My ideal draft has Detroit taking Huff here and Kiwanuka in the 2nd.
NO way should Cutler be in there. They went out and got 2 backup qbs, why add another? They need to work on the other positions and hope one of the fools they got will work for them.

The Lion won't and shouldn't draft a WR but the ironic thing is that WR is probably one of their biggest needs. They have Roy Williams. Mike W is fat and slow. Rogers is worthless. Bradford is a #3 at best. Vines stinks.

Users who are viewing this thread