What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions - Put Jim Schwartz in front of the media? (1 Viewer)

It was indeed strange. Maybe he has a verbal committment from old man Ford but they are waiting to make it official until the OC/DC are signed and they'll anounce everyone at once.

Speaking of which, who are the available OC's they might hire?

According to 97.1 here in Detroit, the Lions have called another presser for this afternoon. Don't know if it's to announce a new coach or to put Rivera through the same thing Schwartz went through yesterday.

The Steelers had both Russ Grimm and Tomlin answer media questions.

The media is a part of the HC job. Why not test the waters?

Did the same with Todd Bowles today. He called the Lions "Mentally damaged."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/..._he_can_he.html
Bowles said he's scheduled for an interview with the Rams latter this week but the Lions job is the one "he really wants.''

Wow, I hope he either gets the Lions job, or that the Rams brass doesn't read this article. Seems like a silly thing to say publicly.

I hope they get it right, whoever it is, for the fan's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Choke said:
I've been a big proponent fo Jim Schwartz getting a HC job for a couple years.But thats based on what Ive thought of him as a person in a DC role. HC is very different.I think Jim would be a great hire for Detroit, as long as the fans can handle his learning curve.
If Schwartz gets a head coaching job, I'll become a fan of that team.

Choke said:
I've been a big proponent fo Jim Schwartz getting a HC job for a couple years.

But thats based on what Ive thought of him as a person in a DC role. HC is very different.

I think Jim would be a great hire for Detroit, as long as the fans can handle his learning curve.
as a lions fan and season ticket holder i don't think you know what you're getting into

Choke said:

But thats based on what Ive thought of him as a person in a DC role. HC is very different.

I think Jim would be a great hire for Detroit, as long as the fans can handle his learning curve.
as a lions fan and season ticket holder i don't think you know what you're getting into
:goodposting:

Choke said:

:rant: :goodposting:

I've been a big proponent fo Jim Schwartz getting a HC job for a couple years.But thats based on what Ive thought of him as a person in a DC role. HC is very different.I think Jim would be a great hire for Detroit, as long as the fans can handle his learning curve.
If it is a logical hire then Schartz does not have a chance.

If it is a logical hire then Schartz does not have a chance.
If he goes to the Lions "Schartz" is probably all he'll be worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great idea. Hire another HC with no HC experience.
Mike SmithJohn HarbaughTony Sparano
exceptions to the rule.
I'm not sure I think that "the rule" is that success comes from hiring a coach who has been a coach before. There are a number of coaches (both presently and in the past) who did well there at their first rodeo just as there are a number of re-hires that have been pitiful in each successive stint.

Users who are viewing this thread