What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions to have RBBC (1 Viewer)

He Hate Me

Footballguy
I find this to be BS. After ppl see what Jones does week 1, he will clearly be the starter!!!

Read full article at Millen: George not for Detroit

ALLEN PARK — Eddie George might have enough yards left in his legs to be an effective tailback in the NFL, but he won’t get to prove it in Detroit.

The Lions are committed to using young tailbacks to upgrade a running game that was the league’s worst in 2003. Signing George, released Wednesday by the Titans, does not fit in their plans.

“Not with our running-back situation,” Lions President Matt Millen said Thursday. “We’re pretty comfortable with where we are.”

The Lions ranked 32nd in the league last year. That was not a one-season fluke. They were 29th in 2002 and 28th in ’01. They have released James Stewart, who missed all of last season because of a dislocated shoulder suffered in the last exhibition game.

Until someone takes command of the position, Coach Steve Mariucci will have a tailback-by-committee approach, with the emphasis on new players. Rookie Kevin Jones, a first-round draft pick from Virginia Tech, and second-year back Artose Pinner figure prominently in 2004. Shawn Bryson, who started 13 games last year and led the team with 606 yards, will provide veteran depth. Olandis Gary also will compete for a roster spot.

George turns 31 on Sept. 24. He did not miss a game in eight seasons with the Titans. Last year, he gained 1,031 yards and averaged 3.3 yards per carry.

On Thursday, the Titans signed Antowain Smith, who had been released by the New England Patriots, to a one-year contract.

George is scheduled to visit the Cowboys today.

Jones will blow away the competition in camp...this writer has no idea what he's talking about.

That doesnt say RBBC. That just says a starter hasnt been named yet and until someone wins the starting position everyone will have a shot in preseason.

This is what was written the article:

Until someone takes command of the position, Coach Steve Mariucci will have a tailback-by-committee approach, with the emphasis on new players.
This is Mike O'Hara's opinion, not a quote from the Lions. It doesn't even state their will be a RBBC. I think common sense tells you that until a player establishes himself the door is open for competition.

That doesnt say RBBC. That just says a starter hasnt been named yet and until someone wins the starting position everyone will have a shot in preseason.
"Until someone takes command of the position, Coach Steve Mariucci will have a tailback-by-committee approach" :D

"Until someone takes command of the position, Coach Steve Mariucci will have a tailback-by-committee approach" :D
well, someone will be taking command of the position and his initials are KJ.

Jones will blow away the competition in camp...this writer has no idea what he's talking about.
Hey, I agree with you !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
I still think A Pinner has the talent to put a damper on KJ's rookie year. Pinner has recovered from his injury.... otherwise he would have been a 1st round pick too!KJ = 65%AP = 35%Det rushing ranks 21 in NFL...... improvement, but not leaps.

No way. You don't get to have this one.Using your logic from the Brown thread, the Lions are a RBBC until proven otherwise.COlin

There is absolutely nothing far fetched about a RBBC in Detroit this year. Jones has yet to practice in full pads, or pick up an NFL blitz? I wouldn't be too sure about anything until the last pre-season game. Even then, with Mooch, it could still be a cloudy RB picture. Bryson is probably the best back at picking up the blitz as of "Today". Remember in SanFran, and who was on the field, and why. I believe KJ will be the primary ball carrier, but is he enough of a complete back "at this stage" to warrant NOT going RBBC, especially early on? Makes perfect sense to me.RW

No way. You don't get to have this one.Using your logic from the Brown thread, the Lions are a RBBC until proven otherwise.COlin
Big difference between Kevin Jones and Chris Brown, but I think I was sensing your sarcasm.

Big difference between Kevin Jones and Chris Brown, but I think I was sensing your sarcasm.
There is? Brown knows the offense and has played in the NFL. Kevin Jones isn't even signed yet, IIRC. So yeah, there is a big difference.(Jones is certianly more talented. BUt LHUCKS declares situations like these RBBC until further notice, so I'm applying the tag here).COlin

There is absolutely nothing far fetched about a RBBC in Detroit this year. Jones has yet to practice in full pads, or pick up an NFL blitz? I wouldn't be too sure about anything until the last pre-season game. Even then, with Mooch, it could still be a cloudy RB picture. Bryson is probably the best back at picking up the blitz as of "Today". Remember in SanFran, and who was on the field, and why. I believe KJ will be the primary ball carrier, but is he enough of a complete back "at this stage" to warrant NOT going RBBC, especially early on? Makes perfect sense to me.RW
:goodposting:

Until someone takes command of the position, Coach Steve Mariucci will have a tailback-by-committee approach
This statement is universally true on every team for every position. Unless someone takes command of it, teams use a committee approach. I seriously doubt you could get Mariucci, or Parcells to commit to a rookie rb before training camp starts. That would be ridiculous.

No way.  You don't get to have this one.Using your logic from the Brown thread, the Lions are a RBBC until proven otherwise.COlin
There is? Brown knows the offense and has played in the NFL. Kevin Jones isn't even signed yet, IIRC. So yeah, there is a big difference.(Jones is certianly more talented. BUt LHUCKS declares situations like these RBBC until further notice, so I'm applying the tag here).COlin
Please, not another thread like the Brown thread. You guys are killing me with this. Last I checked, Brown was on the Titans. Jones and Co. are on the Lions. With that said, I'm pretty sure one will have nothing to with the other. As it realtes to comparative analysis and drafting strategies, there is some similarities but still think one has nothing to do with the other.Stay focused gentlemen. You can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Jones likely will win the starting job sooner or later.. My gut feeling would say sooner providing he demonstrates to Mooch that he can handle ALL of the facets of playing RB including blitz pickups, route running, etc.I think Jones has special talent and likely will be a top 10 or 15 fantasy back in the near future, but that might not be until the 2nd half of '04 or possibly '05. The reason being is that nobody seems to be giving Artose Pinner any respect or credibility.Both backs are talented and while I still think Jones receives a higher grade as far as the draft and scouting go, I don't think Pinner would be too far behind had he been 100% healthy going into the 2003 draft.Being in Detroit I can tell you this much.. Pinner has done absolutely nothing to make the coaching staff think he can't be an every down back or starter. Again, Jones probably will get the nod over time, but whether or not he can grab the starting job by the reigns in training camp or in September is hard to predict.Someone else above posted something to the effect of 65% Jones and 35% Pinner when projected how the ball may be distributed. I think that's fairly accurate at this point in the game. Keeper leagues - Jones hands downRe-draft leagues - Jones first, Pinner second but I don't think the gap is as large as some think..

Difference in situations:a) Jones wowed the Lions in minicamp...the quotes are like "he's the fastest player I've ever been on the field with" etc. etc. The quotes are pretty disgusting. b) Pinner is not even in the same ballpark as Antowain "I just rushed for 1000" Smith.c) Jones was drafted in the first round and I'm sure most scouts would agree has more talent than Brownd) Fisher used the words "split", the Lions have note) The Lions aren't trying to win the SuperBowl this year, they are trying to build which usually equates into more leniancy with unexperienced playersf) The Lions didn't try to resign Stewart...the Titans would have preferred that decrepit Eddie come backThere are probably a few that I'm missing but this is a good starter list.

(Jones is certianly more talented. BUt LHUCKS declares situations like these RBBC until further notice, so I'm applying the tag here).COlin
No, I declared the Tennessee situation a RBBC until further notice...see the above post for the differences.

(Jones is certianly more talented.  BUt LHUCKS declares situations like these RBBC until further notice, so I'm applying the  tag here).COlin
No, I declared the Tennessee situation a RBBC until further notice...see the above post for the differences.
But how do you know Kevin Jones is any good if you don't weigh his play in college? :rolleyes: Colin

(Jones is certianly more talented. BUt LHUCKS declares situations like these RBBC until further notice, so I'm applying the tag here).COlin
But how do you know Kevin Jones is any good if you don't weigh his play in college? :rolleyes: Colin
I read the NFL scouting reports. And by the way I don't completely discount what I see in college games. But I do completely discount YPC in college. What the NFL scouts say holds twice as much water with me than do college numbers.

(Jones is certianly more talented.  BUt LHUCKS declares situations like these RBBC until further notice, so I'm applying the  tag here).COlin
I read the NFL scouting reports. And by the way I don't completely discount what I see in college games. But I do completely discount YPC in college. What the NFL scouts say holds twice as much water with me than do college numbers.
I definitely agree with you that what the NFL Scouts say about a player is much more important than YPC in college. Like you or someone else said, college YPC is flawed because of padding stats against weak college teams.

I definitely agree with you that what the NFL Scouts say about a player is much more important than YPC in college. Like you or someone else said, college YPC is flawed because of padding stats against weak college teams.
I thought we agreed to disagree :D

I find it hysterical, no scratch that - I'm doing you a disservice to mince words.I think it makes you look ridiculous to declare the Titans situation a RBBC based on the fact that Jeff Fisher said the team will "split" carries, and then you discount a report about the Lions doing the same thing because it doesn't suit you. Aside from the fact that every team SPLITS CARRIES, the notion that somehow you are high and mighty enough to decode Coach-speak in a superior fashion to everyone else would be insulting if you didn't look so pompous doing it. PLayer A: Chance to be a starter. Veteran backing him up. Hasn't proven much at a pro-level. Team is expected to have a solid line and should have a solid passing offense.Player B: Chance to be a starter. Veteran backing him up. Hasn't proven much at a pro level. Team is expected to have a solid line and should have a solid passing offense.Oh wait, which one describes Brown's situation and which one describes Jones? Either one, for either one.You can split hairs over Shawn Bryson and A-Smith all you want, but the fact is that neither of them are good enough to be feature backs. Bryson never was, Smith isn't any more. If you want to act like Jeff Fisher saying "split" carries is an indictation of RBBC, than I'll simply ask you to find a situation, ANY situation, where a running back was given the starting job publicly before training camp after not being the starter the year before. Kevan Barlow would count, but you probably have him ranked in the low-teens.Can we disagree about the prospects and talent level of Kevin Jones, Chris Brown, and any other player? You bet we can. But the point of this rant is simple: Your principles and theories only apply when they suit you and that angers me. Johnny U pointed out in the other thread how your ideas of Brown morphed as the story unfolded, and now, you've taken those same ideas and NOT applied them to the Lions situation because you happen to like Kevin Jones. You're going to site Damien Woodie's quote as proof that JOnes will be the main ball-carrier but you won't even acknowledge that Eddie George isn't a Titan because the team feels like Brown is a better choice at RB, and thats straight out of the OWNERS mouth? Ridiculous...Colin

I find it hysterical, no scratch that - I'm doing you a disservice to mince words.I think it makes you look ridiculous to declare the Titans situation a RBBC based on the fact that Jeff Fisher said the team will "split" carries, and then you discount a report about the Lions doing the same thing because it doesn't suit you. Aside from the fact that every team SPLITS CARRIES, the notion that somehow you are high and mighty enough to decode Coach-speak in a superior fashion to everyone else would be insulting if you didn't look so pompous doing it. PLayer A: Chance to be a starter. Veteran backing him up. Hasn't proven much at a pro-level. Team is expected to have a solid line and should have a solid passing offense.Player B: Chance to be a starter. Veteran backing him up. Hasn't proven much at a pro level. Team is expected to have a solid line and should have a solid passing offense.Oh wait, which one describes Brown's situation and which one describes Jones? Either one, for either one.You can split hairs over Shawn Bryson and A-Smith all you want, but the fact is that neither of them are good enough to be feature backs. Bryson never was, Smith isn't any more. If you want to act like Jeff Fisher saying "split" carries is an indictation of RBBC, than I'll simply ask you to find a situation, ANY situation, where a running back was given the starting job publicly before training camp after not being the starter the year before. Kevan Barlow would count, but you probably have him ranked in the low-teens.Can we disagree about the prospects and talent level of Kevin Jones, Chris Brown, and any other player? You bet we can. But the point of this rant is simple: Your principles and theories only apply when they suit you and that angers me. Johnny U pointed out in the other thread how your ideas of Brown morphed as the story unfolded, and now, you've taken those same ideas and NOT applied them to the Lions situation because you happen to like Kevin Jones. You're going to site Damien Woodie's quote as proof that JOnes will be the main ball-carrier but you won't even acknowledge that Eddie George isn't a Titan because the team feels like Brown is a better choice at RB, and thats straight out of the OWNERS mouth? Ridiculous...Colin
Are you stalking me? Can I report you to a mod...oh wait you are a mod. :lol:

I find it hysterical, no scratch that - I'm doing you a disservice to mince words.I think it makes you look ridiculous to declare the Titans situation a RBBC based on the fact that Jeff Fisher said the team will "split" carries, and then you discount a report about the Lions doing the same thing because it doesn't suit you.  Aside from the fact that every team SPLITS CARRIES, the notion that somehow you are high and mighty enough to decode Coach-speak in a superior fashion to everyone else would be insulting if you didn't look so pompous doing it.  PLayer A: Chance to be a starter. Veteran backing him up.  Hasn't proven much at a pro-level.  Team is expected to have a solid line and should have a solid passing offense.Player B: Chance to be a starter.  Veteran backing him up.  Hasn't proven much at a pro level.  Team is expected to have a solid line and should have a solid passing offense.Oh wait, which one describes Brown's situation and which one describes Jones? Either one, for either one.You can split hairs over Shawn Bryson and A-Smith all you want, but the fact is that neither of them are good enough to be feature backs.  Bryson never was, Smith isn't any more.  If you want to act like Jeff Fisher saying "split" carries is an indictation of RBBC, than I'll simply ask you to find a situation, ANY situation, where a running back was given the starting job publicly before training camp after not being the starter the year before.  Kevan Barlow would count, but you probably have him ranked in the low-teens.Can we disagree about the prospects and talent level of Kevin Jones, Chris Brown, and any other player?  You bet we can.  But the point of this rant is simple: Your principles and theories only apply when they suit you and that angers me.  Johnny U pointed out in the other thread how your ideas of Brown morphed as the story unfolded, and now, you've taken those same ideas and NOT applied them to the Lions situation because you happen to like Kevin Jones.  You're going to site Damien Woodie's quote as proof that JOnes will be the main ball-carrier but you won't even acknowledge that Eddie George isn't a Titan because the team feels like Brown is a better choice at RB, and thats straight out of the OWNERS mouth?  Ridiculous...Colin
Thanks for skirting the issue and proving my point.Colin

I thought we agreed to disagree :D
Not on everything I hope. You can't accept compliments or criticism.

But the point of this rant is simple: Your principles and theories only apply when they suit you and that angers me.
a) "angers" ...dude it's a fantasy football messageboard. I post strong opinions on some players. It's nothing personal. Unlike others on these boards I only talk about football.b) I take several factors into account when I rank players, talent and opportunity are two of the leading factors. IMHO these two factors heavily favor KJ when compared to Brown.
but you won't even acknowledge that Eddie George isn't a Titan because the team feels like Brown is a better choice at RB, and thats straight out of the OWNERS mouth?
That isn't true...where did Fisher say that? He said in limited action Brown had a higer YPC...but he never said who was a better RB. If Fisher thought that the Titans wouldn't have attempted to keep Eddie on board IMHO.

If he though that the Titans wouldn't have attempted to keep Eddie on board.
The Titans DIDN'T attempt to keep Eddie on board. WHy is that so hard to understand? THey told him if he didn't restructure he was gone. THey told him he could have 1.5 mil. Eddie counteroffered with 2.5 and they said, "This isn't a negotiation, its 1.5 million or its nothing..."And oh yeah...
Smith will compete with second-year pro Chris Brown for playing time. Titans General Manager Floyd Reese gave Brown the edge going into training camp, which begins July 30.''The good part is that we don't have to make that decision now. We can let that be determined on the football field. I think if you asked the coaches right now they would say that Brown is probably the starter simply because he's been here,'' Reese said.
"We've said all along we hope Chris comes in and gains 1,500 yards and makes us all look like we're real smart. "
LinkGood grief.Colin

Thanks for skirting the issue and proving my point.Colin
You thought you would get off that easily?

The Titans DIDN'T attempt to keep Eddie on board. WHy is that so hard to understand? THey told him if he didn't restructure he was gone. THey told him he could have 1.5 mil. Eddie counteroffered with 2.5 and they said, "This isn't a negotiation, its 1.5 million or its nothing..."And oh yeah...
Smith will compete with second-year pro Chris Brown for playing time. Titans General Manager Floyd Reese gave Brown the edge going into training camp, which begins July 30.''The good part is that we don't have to make that decision now. We can let that be determined on the football field. I think if you asked the coaches right now they would say that Brown is probably the starter simply because he's been here,'' Reese said.
"We've said all along we hope Chris comes in and gains 1,500 yards and makes us all look like we're real smart. "
LinkGood grief.Colin
You said "because the team feels like Brown is a better choice at RB, and thats straight out of the OWNERS mouth? "a) the quote you linked is the GM...not the owner, by the way Fisher's quotes contradict the GMs'.b) That quote says Brown has the "edge"...of course they are going to say that, the incumbent almost always has the "edge"c) Even if Brown is the starter I still say that 1) he is a huge injury risk and 2) it will be much more of a RBBC than will Detroit.I can't believe you're still trying to compare KJ's situation to Brown's...judging by the consensus rankings, the ff community is behind me on this one.

LinkGood grief.Colin
You said "because the team feels like Brown is a better choice at RB, and thats straight out of the OWNERS mouth? "a) the quote you linked is the GM...not the owner, by the way Fisher's quotes contradict the GMs'.b) That quote says Brown has the "edge"...of course they are going to say that, the incumbent almost always has the "edge"c) Even if Brown is the starter I still say that 1) he is a huge injury risk and 2) it will be much more of a RBBC than will Detroit.I can't believe you're still trying to compare KJ's situation to Brown's...judging by the consensus rankings, the ff community is behind me on this one.
Scratch that - The fact that it came from the GM is BETTER than it coming from the owner. He's the guy that puts the team together.I'm not comparing their situations, only pointing out hos silly you look trying to butter up Jones while denying the cold hard truth: Chris Brown is going to be the starter for the Tennessee Titans where he will receive the bulk of the carries. Have fun chasing another championship by milking points out of the yearly retreads.Colin

I think it makes you look ridiculous to declare the Titans situation a RBBC based on the fact that Jeff Fisher said the team will "split" carries, and then you discount a report about the Lions doing the same thing because it doesn't suit you. Aside from the fact that every team SPLITS CARRIES, the notion that somehow you are high and mighty enough to decode Coach-speak in a superior fashion to everyone else would be insulting if you didn't look so pompous doing it. Your principles and theories only apply when they suit you and that angers me.
Apparently, the honeymoon is officially over. Marriage seems to have improved your mood already. ;)

Have fun chasing another championship by milking points out of the yearly retreads.
Only time will tell I guess.
No comment on the rest? That figures. Colin
The fact that it came from the GM is BETTER than it coming from the owner. He's the guy that puts the team together.
Coach > GM > Owner....IMHO...Coach says "split"
I'm not comparing their situations, only pointing out hos silly you look trying to butter up Jones while denying the cold hard truth: Chris Brown is going to be the starter for the Tennessee Titans where he will receive the bulk of the carries.
How "silly" I look...this coming from the guy who took Brown in the 3rd in a survivor draft. No need for name calling, thanks.That was the end of your response...did I miss something else.

:CowlingtakingtheFBGoathduringhisfirstdayonthejob:Dodds: Repeat after me.Dowling: Okay.Dodds: IDowling: IDodds: Do solemnly swear to uphold all that is good at FBGs.Dowling: Do solemnly swear to uphold all that is good at FBGs.Dodds: And above all else, I will make sure to be excellent to one another on the message boards.Dowling: <Ring, ring> Hold on, I've got to take this phone call. "Yes, honey I'll be home soon. Now, get back in the kitchen and make sure my dinner's on the table as soon as I get home." Now what was that you were saying Davey.:Doddswonderingiftheexcellentthingwillbeastumblingblock:

I just typed a long paragraph sure to have gotten me censured, but I deleted it, because you're not worth it. However, I do know now why people don't pay attention to you and your flaVVEd logic. Good luck this season. And yes, I will be here to bump the various Brown threads all season as you sit there and try to come up with reasons to justify passing on Brown to try and save face. Good luck this year. Colin

Wow. Good to see the staff all wound-up. Let's us know that they're real people too! I can feel the intensity.There is another factor that I feel HEAVILY favours Brown over KJ. How good their respective teams will be.Perhaps only kicker success is more correlated to the success of a team. QBs / WRs can have huge weeks week-in and week-out despite their team losing. (Jim Everett / Michael Haynes for the Saints the year they won 3 games...sniff sniff).However, running backs get more carries when their team is in the lead. They get more touchdowns when their team wins. They get more garbage yards to eat the clock and their coaches have more confidence sticking with the game-plan, which is usually to have AT LEAST a balanced attack, if not a run-first mentality.Just a quick (non-scientific look) shows that 8 playoff teams had RBs rush in the top 15 last year. (53% where only 37% of teams make the playoffs). Of the four playoff teams that weren't in the top 15, Faulk was injured, Philly used a ridiculously effective RBBC and Hambrick and A. Smith were plain bums.So, with all other things being equal, the Titan situation is far more likely to put up good RB numbers than the Detroit situation. Throw in the fact that Brown is NOT a rookie, Detroit has to feed Rogers and Williams, KJ has not signed yet and the Lions have a history of a pathetic rushing game and I don't know how anyone could even consider taking Jones over Brown. IMO it won't even be close, regardless of who has more talent.Oh ya. The only non-playoff RBs to make the top-10 in rushing last year were Thomlinson, McAllister, Taylor and Rickey Williams. I think that speaks volumes about just how good you have to be to succeed on a bad team.

If I had Kevin Jones in a redraft league, I'd be concerned about Artose Pinner. Mooch loves him & he's a lot more talented than most people think.

Pinner wasn't anywhere near 100% in the little action he did see last year. He's hard to tackle & is an excellent receiver when healthy. I'm not real sure what happens in '05 & beyond, but this year, I believe it's pretty clear some sort of RBBC will be used (at least to start the season).

Months ago when I wrote my my FBG Expert Sortable Rankings Critique, Part II: Runningbacks I noted KJ as one of the three most overlooked RBs by the FBG staff.Curiously he has steadily climbed in the consensus rankings. :football:
Don't lump me in with rest of those hacks. I've had KJ ranked around 15 since the NFL draft.
I noted that in the original article Shick!...I respect your ff acumen as much as anybody on these boards and on the staff for that matter. :thumbup: Your actions speak louder than your relatively few words.

One of his Lions teammates described Pinner as a "bowling ball with legs" because he's difficult to tackle and has a low center of gravity with some decent "wiggle".I'm not going to get involved in the whole Chris Brown debate but I will reiterate that Artose Pinner is a better back than Johnny Q. Public realizes.Here's a clipping from his collegiate honors:Accolades after his senior season included All-American honorable mention by CNN/SI, All-Southeastern Conference first-team pick by the SEC coaches, Associated Press, The Sporting News, College Football News, the Birmingham News and Mobile Register, SEC’s Most Improved Player by the Southeastern Post, Mobile Register SEC Player of the Year and was a semifinalist for the Doak Walker Award, given to the nation’s premier running back...Kevin Jones may be the next LT for all we know, but I'm not going to discount Pinner completely until I have more to judge him by and I can see how Mooch utilizes both in his grand scheme.

One of his Lions teammates described Pinner as a "bowling ball with legs" because he's difficult to tackle and has a low center of gravity with some decent "wiggle".I'm not going to get involved in the whole Chris Brown debate but I will reiterate that Artose Pinner is a better back than Johnny Q. Public realizes.
As a long suffering University of Kentucky football fan, I've laid off the whole Artose-Pinner-is-worthless-only-averaged-2.5-ypc thing because I probably don't have the most objective view. But I will say Ypsitucky kind of nailed this. Pinner was simply phenomenal two years ago against a very tough SEC schedule. Had he played for any other SEC program (short of Vandy) most everyone outside of the shark pool would have been a lot more familiar with him. Don't discount him because of the injury. I realize you can't equate college success with pro success, but I caution those of you thinking he doesn't have the ability to be just a bit cautious. And yes I realize this isn't the Artose Pinner thread, but it just couldn't keep quiet any longer. :ph34r:

One of his Lions teammates described Pinner as a "bowling ball with legs" because he's difficult to tackle and has a low center of gravity with some decent "wiggle".I'm not going to get involved in the whole Chris Brown debate but I will reiterate that Artose Pinner is a better back than Johnny Q. Public realizes.
As a long suffering University of Kentucky football fan, I've laid off the whole Artose-Pinner-is-worthless-only-averaged-2.5-ypc thing because I probably don't have the most objective view. But I will say Ypsitucky kind of nailed this. Pinner was simply phenomenal two years ago against a very tough SEC schedule. Had he played for any other SEC program (short of Vandy) most everyone outside of the shark pool would have been a lot more familiar with him. Don't discount him because of the injury. I realize you can't equate college success with pro success, but I caution those of you thinking he doesn't have the ability to be just a bit cautious. And yes I realize this isn't the Artose Pinner thread, but it just couldn't keep quiet any longer. :ph34r:
If Pinner is a stud, why would they Draft Jones with so many other pressing needs? Also, Pinner looked so bad last year it's hard to imagine the injury being that much of a factor...I mean it's not like the Lions let him play at 50%.

Users who are viewing this thread