What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Little Ordered Lives: Just Sitting Around Eating Lettuce, Thinking About The Probability Of Me (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Ever notice how the romaine lettuce leaves interlock like a puzzle, almost?

Reminds me of Oliver Wendell Jones from Bloom County in his one minute of unreason he allows himself each year:

"The universe is just a little bit too ordered for this to all be an accident," he protests to the heavens.

I just bought a Television "Marquee Moon" shirt. I'm going to wear it to my already-happened 25th year reunion and impress all of my college rock revival friends with my sheer authenticity and knowledge. What're the odds that I'll still be a loser at heat?

Or at heart?

Whichever you want. Man, does that record ever guitar jam, though. When the kids ask me what the idea of guitar is, I'll say, "Do you mean underground/punk guitar?" and if they say "Yes," I'll be able to direct them to The Stooges, The Sex Pistols, and that album and its title track and say, "just listen."

I'm just doing it for the kids, you know.

Anyway, back to lettuce.

^ Yes, that was meant for the Summerpalooza thread until the end when I realized what thread I was in. :lmao:

Sorry about that. Back to probability and life and God or lack thereof.

And this is the content that keeps bringing me back! Missed you, rock!

I have nothing to say about lettuce other than I like it fine as a salad base but really hate it on sandwiches/burgers. Especially what they now call "shredduce" on too many cutesy menus, as it gets mixed in with the mayo/spread and becomes impossible to remove.

Pondering the universe makes my head hurt far worse than pondering lettuce, so I'll leave that for another time.

Of course it does! I was wondering where you had gone. Missed you also, scorchy! Thanks for throwing a line.

Just a ton going on. The missus had some pretty major surgery (she'll be fine thankfully), kid's last season of HS sports, the end of the fiscal year at work, etc. I fall into habits so not posting for a few days begets not posting for a month. Hoping to have turned the corner at this point.

Just a ton going on. The missus had some pretty major surgery (she'll be fine thankfully), kid's last season of HS sports, the end of the fiscal year at work, etc. I fall into habits so not posting for a few days begets not posting for a month. Hoping to have turned the corner at this point.

Sounds like a lot on your plate. I won't barge in on your privacy, so I'll just say I wish the missus well and hope for a speedy recovery.

I know about not posting. I go for days having trouble getting through stuff I normally enjoy, then I'm back on one night and ready to go. So I can see it.

I just bought a Television "Marquee Moon" shirt. I'm going to wear it to my already-happened 25th year reunion and impress all of my college rock revival friends with my sheer authenticity and knowledge. What're the odds that I'll still be a loser at heat?

Or at heart?

Whichever you want. Man, does that record ever guitar jam, though. When the kids ask me what the idea of guitar is, I'll say, "Do you mean underground/punk guitar?" and if they say "Yes," I'll be able to direct them to The Stooges, The Sex Pistols, and that album and its title track and say, "just listen."

I'm just doing it for the kids, you know.

Anyway, back to lettuce.
I just survived my 40th a couple of weeks ago. We had 35 cases of covid at it.

I just survived my 40th a couple of weeks ago. We had 35 cases of covid at it.

Wow. You're a braver man than I am. I'd have ducked it. Glad to see you're still functioning and not infected (I'm guessing).
I was on the planning committee. Come to find out that one flew in on Friday and did t feel good. He didn’t want to tell anyone, so he went to the set up party Friday and then Saturday. He tells the class president Sunday afternoon. I have really been proactive on it as I’m a caregiver and go to a nursing home 2x/week.

I was on the planning committee. Come to find out that one flew in on Friday and did t feel good. He didn’t want to tell anyone, so he went to the set up party Friday and then Saturday. He tells the class president Sunday afternoon. I have really been proactive on it as I’m a caregiver and go to a nursing home 2x/week.

That's terrible. I am not getting people who do that. I just don't understand, really.

Users who are viewing this thread