What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LIV Golf comes to Trump ⛳ (1 Viewer)

And now they just inked Cam Smith, one of the hottest golfers in the world right now. Very popular guy.
LIV golf is terrible not just because of the Saudis, although they're terrible, it's small field, limited events, no cut, guaranteed $'s goes against golf's history of "eat what you kill."

When those LIV golfers fall from the world ranking and can't compete in majors they'll soon be forgotten. As will LIV golf.

Championing this cheesy LIV golf is the perfect thing for Trump to do. Please retire from politics and focus on this, Don.

And now they just inked Cam Smith, one of the hottest golfers in the world right now. Very popular guy.
LIV golf is terrible not just because of the Saudis, although they're terrible, it's small field, limited events, no cut, guaranteed $'s goes against golf's history of "eat what you kill."

When those LIV golfers fall from the world ranking and can't compete in majors they'll soon be forgotten. As will LIV golf.

Oh, we're terrible. We enslaved blacks and tried to eradicate Native Americans. We just rolled back reproductive rights for women and are coming after the LGBTQ+ community next. Spare me the outrage over the Saudis. You guys gonna boycott the World Cup in Qatar this fall? I doubt it. The selective outrage and hypocrisy over what constitutes a 'bad guy' nation is ridiculous. We wiped out innocent civilians in Iraq for NO REASON - worse - a MADE UP REASON. But we're going to stand on an air of superiority to other countries? I think not.

Moving on, I went to an event and it was terrific. Have you gone? What was your experience like? Because I enjoyed every minute of my time watching the best players in the world from just a few feet away without having to elbow anybody. No lines to buy a beer or use the can. And these guys aren't going to be forgotten. They are weakening the PGA week by week, deflection by deflection.
IMO, LIV is a different version of an old, stodgy, stale game with a format that could use some fresh ideas and excitement. There is room for both to exist. I for one hope they start poaching the LPGA next and provide us with coed golf. Some people want to live in the past. Some people long for the future. I think there is an argument that both can be achieved.

Oh, we're terrible. We enslaved blacks and tried to eradicate Native Americans. We just rolled back reproductive rights for women and are coming after the LGBTQ+ community next. Spare me the outrage over the Saudis. You guys gonna boycott the World Cup in Qatar this fall? I doubt it. The selective outrage and hypocrisy over what constitutes a 'bad guy' nation is ridiculous. We wiped out innocent civilians in Iraq for NO REASON - worse - a MADE UP REASON. But we're going to stand on an air of superiority to other countries? I think not.

Moving on, I went to an event and it was terrific. Have you gone? What was your experience like? Because I enjoyed every minute of my time watching the best players in the world from just a few feet away without having to elbow anybody. No lin. beer or use the can. And these guys aren't going to be forgotten. They are weakening the PGA week by week, deflection by deflection.
IMO, LIV is a different version of an old, stodgy, stale game with a format that could use some fresh ideas and excitement. There is room for both to exist. I for one hope they start poaching the LPGA next and provide us with coed golf. Some people want to live in the past. Some people long for the future. I think there is an argument that both can be achieved.

You seem super defensive. You went and you liked it. That’s totally fine. No need to let the detractors get you riled up.

Moving on, I went to an event and it was terrific. Have you gone? What was your experience like? Because I enjoyed every minute of my time watching the best players in the world from just a few feet away without having to elbow anybody. No lines to buy a beer or use the can. And these guys aren't going to be forgotten. They are weakening the PGA week by week, deflection by deflection.
I'm glad you went and had a good time. And to compare the US to the Saudis...well that's pretty disingenuous.

As you'll note, most of my issues were golf related. Small fields, guaranteed $'s, few events.

The guys that are leaving are welcome to do just that. They'll get no world ranking points, no admittance to majors, and they'll miss that part of golf. In my opinion LIV won't last and it's a mockery to the standards set by the golfers who came before. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Moving on, I went to an event and it was terrific. Have you gone? What was your experience like? Because I enjoyed every minute of my time watching the best players in the world from just a few feet away without having to elbow anybody. No lin. beer or use the can. And these guys aren't going to be forgotten. They are weakening the PGA week by week, deflection by deflection.

You seem super defensive. You went and you liked it. That’s totally fine. No need to let the detractors get you riled up.

I haven't been riled up in so long, it felt good to let out some steam. Plus, I had no outlet for a while.

All good. Apologies for being brash.

I'm glad you went and had a good time. And to compare the US to the Saudis...well that's pretty disingenuous.

As you'll note, most of my issues were golf related. Small fields, guaranteed $'s, few events.

The guys that are leaving are welcome to do just that. They'll get no world ranking points, no admittance to majors, and they'll miss that part of golf. In my opinion LIV won't last and it's a mockery to the standards set by the golfers who came before. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

I apologize for the outburst. I do think our country should be careful condemning others but also acknowledge the Saudi treatment of fellow man (woman, they) is abhorrent and needs massive humanitarian overhaul.

I am genuinely curious how many of you will boycott World Cup Qatar.

Follow-up question: why isn't there more chatter and scrutiny about a country that built their WC stadiums on the backs of slaves - where thousands perished - hosting the biggest sporting event in the world in a few months? Maybe another thread but I hear very little about Qatar vs Saudis and LIV. Why? I think that's a fair question.

As for the Majors, didn't we just witness these LIV golfers at the Open? US Open? They will lose out in all you say, but conversely, so does the PGA. It was an easy narrative when it was just Phil and some schlubs. But now it's DJ, Bryson, Brooks, Cam and every other day another marquee name. The Masters field will look like The John Deere and your much bigger field will have names near the bottom that never would have ever been there absent the deflections.

You say mockery, I say innovative. It's okay to change. This is why the NFL overtook MLB years ago as Sports King and will never look back. NFL embraced change. MLB resisted it. Younger people want faster action, not slower. I have 5 kids, believe me. LIV Golf with it's shotgun start takes 5-6 hours tops, 3 days total. What's a PGA round? They Teed off this morning at what, 9am ET? They're still playing at 5:35pm. That's a workday!!!

Anyhow, I think it's a good alternative. Sorry for the rudeness.

Some people are tired of what they perceive as hypocrisy. Others are tired of hearing "everybody does bad stuff so you shouldn't be upset by it." I bounce around.

I apologize for the outburst. I do think our country should be careful condemning others but also acknowledge the Saudi treatment of fellow man (woman, they) is abhorrent and needs massive humanitarian overhaul.

I am genuinely curious how many of you will boycott World Cup Qatar.

Follow-up question: why isn't there more chatter and scrutiny about a country that built their WC stadiums on the backs of slaves - where thousands perished - hosting the biggest sporting event in the world in a few months? Maybe another thread but I hear very little about Qatar vs Saudis and LIV. Why? I think that's a fair question.
That story was covered quite a bit when Qatar we announced, and when the workers were dying.
The people who cover soccer are acutely aware how gross the Qatar thing is, John Oliver dedicated an episode to it.

International sport news covered this a lot more than the US outlets, soccer is bigger elsewhere, as you know.

It's not really about the morality of fans, it's about a once and future president.

Users who are viewing this thread