What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Audible 9/26 10 pm Eastern - Questions Go Here (1 Viewer)

PPR 1 point every 10 yards rushing and recieving--I have Frank Gore going tonight and need to pick one of the following for Sunday:

Joique Bell

Gio Bernard

Ray Rice

If Ray Ric goes full practice Thursday or Friday I think hes the obvious choice but if he's a GTD who would you go with?

Thanks again guys and I love the show! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
If/when Roddy White gets healthy do you see Tony Gonzalez returning to top tier TE status?

Can you guys look into your crystal ball and let me know who the top WR waiver add will be that could be startable over J. Edelman in week 5? Have Calvin and Garcon locked, but Garcon will be on a bye. Not ready to drop Edelman, but looking ahead for Gronk's return. No PPR. Guys available now that could pick up for Edelman early are D. Moore vs SD, S. Hill @ ATL, R. Randle vs PHI, or M. Austin @ DEN.

Also, which RB is the best lottery ticket behind Lynch, Bell, Bernard, Miller, D. Wilson? B. Bolden, C. Michael, A. Ellington, K. Hunter, M. Ball, M. Barber, CJ Anderson.

Thanks. You guys are the best.

R

With this weekend's Steelers-Vikings game taking place in London, which do you think we'll see first -- An NFL franchise in London or an NFL franchise in Los Angeles?

Hey guys, I've been playing mostly PPR leagues for years now. It seems like every year, there are lots of "3rd down" backs who catch lots of dump off passes every game and manage to get like 11-12 points a week on average at season end (like Danny Woodhead or maybe even Brandon Bolden). Can you build championship teams with guys like this? (With the idea that you will instead focus on elite players at other positions at better value). In other words, if I am lacking the prototypical "stud RB" team, should I be demolishing my roster trying to land a more traditional pair of "elite" guys?

If you were drafting today, how do you see it differing from preseason drafts? Are there any trends that would change (less RB heavy/more RB heavy)? What can we learn from the first 3 weeks that we should take forward to next season's draft, or is there anything that would be helpful?

Thanks guys! Like so many others on here, I truly value your expert opinions!

Questions specific to one person's team bore me, so I'd like your general take on WHO ARE YOU BUYING LOW ON...AND WHO IS JUST NOT WORTH IT?

Names that come to mind are:

David Wilson

Ridley

Steven Jackson

Roddy White

Spiller

...any any players doing decent or doing well that you're trying to trade for in all of your leagues?

What are your opinions on Jordan Reed, this year and the next few? I just snagged him in a keeper league last week to fill in for VDavis, but after reading a bit more on him, I am reluctant to let him go, despite the fact that he now is injured himself. Do you guys see him as a potential TE1 at all over the next few years? The Hernandez comparisons are too easy, and the Skeletor comparison to Sharpe seems unfair. What say you?

Thanks guys, and keep up the great work. Best podcast going, by far.

What's your take on Brandon Bolden from here on in until Vereen is healthy? Does he start receiving more touches than Ridley this week? Would you start him over Jacquizz Rodgers this week in PPR? Thanks always for this awesome podcast and the insight!

14 team league PPR with short benches. Percy Harvin is still on waivers.

When would you pick him up off of waivers?

Currently to do it i would have to drop Bernard Pierce. I have been unable to trade him to the Rice owner or any owner for thant matter.

Great job guys.

Awesome listening to you guys when I ran 14 miles on Sunday.

Good way to fill in 2 hours of running.

Brandon Pettigrew.

WTF, is he even the best TE on his team??

What happened here and does he even have any value in 16 team 1.5PPR leagues?

I assume droppable in 12 team leagues.

1. whose avatar do you like more.....Backside Pursuit's or Kool Aid Larry's.....

2. is SEA DST venturing into that rare area of you might even bench your studs against these guys...

thanks

discuss cashing in on demarco murray's value now or riding it out. Using him as a flex in PPR, but i'm in need of a WR. who to target?

Since this is the first week of byes can we have your best strategies for bye week lineup adjustments.

During the season do you look ahead a couple weeks and try to plan for your byes by working the waiver wire and spotting the best upcoming match-ups?

or

Do you ignore byes altogether and just try to construct the best overall team? - (If this is your strategy have you ever left a lineup spot empty because you didn't want to drop a guy?)

Any other middle of the road strategies, I assume we are all sharky enough to not draft with bye's in mind, but even the best FF owners must make weekly adjustments.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the great show.

I need help deciding on my RB2.

It's a redraft non ppr league

My options are Lamar Miller, Joique Bell or David Wilson.

Thanks for everything you guys do and all the hard work.

Dwayne Bowe.

Worth a start vs the giants? 4 yards last week but the giants are horrible right now but I see the chiefs going up and just running it the whole game

How are you handling gronk this week with a late start time? Start him and risk taking a zero or ride with an early guy an miss his first start?

A couple questions for Dr. Gene Bramel...

Diggity Doc, would you please tell us how much the type of knee brace that RG3 is wearing limits speed and mobility?

And, Dr. Gene, would you please tell us whether you advise against the growing trend of NFL players playing commando as opposed to playing with a supporter?

On The Couch this week said the TE rankings going forward were Graham, Gronk, Jordan and then everyone else. Do you agree or do you think Julius Thomas deserves to be in that group?

ebsteelers said:
How are you handling gronk this week with a late start time? Start him and risk taking a zero or ride with an early guy an miss his first start?
pretty sure he'd play if he traveled

Kudos on the effort

It's a better NFL segment than it is a fantasy football segment

-probably close to 25% of the show is spent on the Thursday night game

-replace it with a faster pace Waiver Wire or Emerging Players segments

-Bramel needs an editor - great knowledge but get to the point - how long is the player going to be out or limited

-maybe go around the league and discuss the fantasy impacts in each game

-ESPN does a great what the heck flex segment - something like that might be good

-answer the team specific questions in the thread

Just some thoughts

Kudos on the effort

-Bramel needs an editor - great knowledge but get to the point - how long is the player going to be out or limited

-ESPN does a great what the heck flex segment - something like that might be good

Just some thoughts
Thanks for the feedback!

We do a Waiver Wire show every Tuesday. We cover flex plays at the end of the weekly preview. Usually we would answer more questions, but with Chase on, wanted to pick his brain about analytics.

Kudos on the effort

Just some thoughts
Thanks for the feedback!

We do a Waiver Wire show every Tuesday. We cover flex plays at the end of the weekly preview. Usually we would answer more questions, but with Chase on, wanted to pick his brain about analytics.
Thanks for the reply - somehow I missed the Waiver segments this year - thought it was a little odd that you would stop doing it.

Again, I appreciate the effort.

Hey guys, love (all) the show(s)!--longtime listener and subscriber.

It seems like we have several situations in the league right now in which backup or 1b-type RBs are outproducing their lead-back counterparts, e.g. Tate/Foster, Jackson/Spiller, etc. How much of this is due to the actual quality of the backs and how much to the attention the lead back draws from the defense whenever they are on the field? That is, clearly defenses highlight certain players when they are on the field, but do you think that this is adequate enough to account for the significant difference in production, or is there no real excuse for the lead back's lack of production?

Thanks!

St Louis is taking on Jacksonville. Usually that is easy points but none of the STL players stand out in the rankings. Who will get points or will they really all be mediocre? Seems odd.

Hey guys, love (all) the show(s)!--longtime listener and subscriber.

It seems like we have several situations in the league right now in which backup or 1b-type RBs are outproducing their lead-back counterparts, e.g. Tate/Foster, Jackson/Spiller, etc. How much of this is due to the actual quality of the backs and how much to the attention the lead back draws from the defense whenever they are on the field? That is, clearly defenses highlight certain players when they are on the field, but do you think that this is adequate enough to account for the significant difference in production, or is there no real excuse for the lead back's lack of production?

Thanks!
Just to give some follow up thoughts/questions on this..

This is a very small # of situations or running backs where a workload timeshare likely leads to greater fantasy production for the backup. We can use the Bills' backfield of Spiller and Jackson as an example. Jackson is a better fantasy play if he and Spiller both play compared to just Jackson.

This based on the assumption that Spiller playing leads to more high leverage red zone carries. And that a rush with Jackson is more 'disguised'

Users who are viewing this thread