What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LJ is killing me (1 Viewer)

You do realize Carolina is ranked 23rd in points allowed for RB's right? And this was after playing in order:

WK1: LT / Sproles

WK2: Matt Forte

WK3: AP / Chester Taylor

WK4: Turner / Norwood

They kept each individual runner under 100 yards and only 1 rushing TD was scored on them over the 4 weeks. And you thought this would be a good day to be rolling out LJ? Seriously? :lmao:

Just bench him unless he's playing the Broncos, Chargers, etc. That's all he is now; a matchup guy. A guy who will do well, and could dominate, against crappy defenses. Against the likes of Carolina and Tennessee -- who's up next -- just bench him with ease.

One week I start em, the next I bench. I'm dying over her. I'd rather pick up Warrick Dun at this stage
LJ is a really tough guy to start due to the inconsistency. In order to start him week in and week out, the rest of your lineup needs to be loaded in order to cover up for those games where he has minimal fantasy points....

Start / Bench based on defense he's playing. Start against AFC West Teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize Carolina is ranked 23rd in points allowed for RB's right? And this was after playing in order:WK1: LT / SprolesWK2: Matt ForteWK3: AP / Chester TaylorWK4: Turner / NorwoodThey kept each individual runner under 100 yards and only 1 rushing TD was scored on them over the 4 weeks. And you thought this would be a good day to be rolling out LJ? Seriously? :shock:
I didnt know he would get A ZERO ON THE STAT SHEET. i should have asked you first if he was going to get zero. where were you? damn

You do realize Carolina is ranked 23rd in points allowed for RB's right? And this was after playing in order:WK1: LT / SprolesWK2: Matt ForteWK3: AP / Chester TaylorWK4: Turner / NorwoodThey kept each individual runner under 100 yards and only 1 rushing TD was scored on them over the 4 weeks. And you thought this would be a good day to be rolling out LJ? Seriously? :shock:
I didnt know he would get A ZERO ON THE STAT SHEET. i should have asked you first if he was going to get zero. where were you? damn
You also didn't know he would get 30 something last week. It works both ways.

If you don't like him, trade him.

Don't say you can't get anything good for him either, you gotta remember that you DO NOT like him.

The zero is certainly cause for concern, but this is a bit of an overreaction to be honest. HE had 200 and 2 last week, I'm sure he had a hand in you winning last week...

I think they are going to play anyone and everyone close at home this year, thus mucho touches for LJ. On the road, they look like they can get behind early, and stay behind, which is not good news for LJ. However, having said all that, you have to start him every week. Even if they get inside the 5 yardline through whatever means, Herm will run him 3 straight times, likely resulting in a TD. Considering he got drafted late 1st, early second, I'd be highly sceptical of someone telling me they have better options on a weekly basis over LJ...

Ballstein said:
Blue-Kun said:
You do realize Carolina is ranked 23rd in points allowed for RB's right? And this was after playing in order:WK1: LT / SprolesWK2: Matt ForteWK3: AP / Chester TaylorWK4: Turner / NorwoodThey kept each individual runner under 100 yards and only 1 rushing TD was scored on them over the 4 weeks. And you thought this would be a good day to be rolling out LJ? Seriously? :rolleyes:
:lmao:

he killed me to, when I played against him last week...

What did u expect coming into the season, hes on a team thats in total rebuild mode. Todays Stat line is just funny

p00h said:
The zero is certainly cause for concern, but this is a bit of an overreaction to be honest. HE had 200 and 2 last week, I'm sure he had a hand in you winning last week...I think they are going to play anyone and everyone close at home this year, thus mucho touches for LJ. On the road, they look like they can get behind early, and stay behind, which is not good news for LJ. However, having said all that, you have to start him every week. Even if they get inside the 5 yardline through whatever means, Herm will run him 3 straight times, likely resulting in a TD. Considering he got drafted late 1st, early second, I'd be highly sceptical of someone telling me they have better options on a weekly basis over LJ...
I'm starting to think Ronnie, Slaton, and Chris Johnson are better options on a weekly basis. Today hurt.

p00h said:
The zero is certainly cause for concern, but this is a bit of an overreaction to be honest. HE had 200 and 2 last week, I'm sure he had a hand in you winning last week...I think they are going to play anyone and everyone close at home this year, thus mucho touches for LJ. On the road, they look like they can get behind early, and stay behind, which is not good news for LJ. However, having said all that, you have to start him every week. Even if they get inside the 5 yardline through whatever means, Herm will run him 3 straight times, likely resulting in a TD. Considering he got drafted late 1st, early second, I'd be highly sceptical of someone telling me they have better options on a weekly basis over LJ...
I'm starting to think Ronnie, Slaton, and Chris Johnson are better options on a weekly basis. Today hurt.
Without a doubt Ronnie is. I think Ronnie is easily a top 10 back this year and was extremely undervalued coming into the season. However I think Chris Johnson and LJ are RB 14 and 15 this year with Slaton right around there as well.

You guys are right. Brandon Marshall only got me 2 points today too. I'm gonna cut him as well as LJ.

No real complaints....LJ helped me be the top scorer in my money league the last two weeks in a row and helped me be 4-0. I will have my first loss this year though. I'll blame it on my kicker not getting more field goal attempts though.

No real complaints....LJ helped me be the top scorer in my money league the last two weeks in a row and helped me be 4-0. I will have my first loss this year though. I'll blame it on my kicker not getting more field goal attempts though.
yeah, i pick my kickers and rb equally too

Ballstein said:
ClownDogs said:
If you don't like him, trade him.Don't say you can't get anything good for him either, you gotta remember that you DO NOT like him.
what could I GET?
I traded him for Jacobs. Looked kind of bad last week. This week was nice.

Hasn't cost me yet (although this week is still hanging in the balance) but he is extremely frustrating. Went off for 198/2 on my bench last week so I plug him back in for 2 yards. Wonderful. Next good game he has will be my chance to trade him for somebody more consistent. Not interested in this roller coaster ride.

Ballstein said:
ClownDogs said:
If you don't like him, trade him.Don't say you can't get anything good for him either, you gotta remember that you DO NOT like him.
what could I GET?
I traded LJ and Branch last week for Plax, F. Taylor and a 2nd round pick next year, and felt good about doing it. LJ will be up and down all year. mostly down I think.

Ballstein said:
ClownDogs said:
what could I GET?
I traded LJ and Branch last week for Plax, F. Taylor and a 2nd round pick next year, and felt good about doing it. LJ will be up and down all year. mostly down I think.
Traded him for Edwards two weeks ago. Felt really stupid last week, but felt redeemed this week when he got 0 points.

Ballstein said:
ClownDogs said:
what could I GET?
Traded him for Edwards two weeks ago. Felt really stupid last week, but felt redeemed this week when he got 0 points.
Trent or Braylon?

Ballstein said:
ClownDogs said:
what could I GET?
Trent or Braylon?
Braylon...he's been disappointing this year, but I wanted off the Larry Johnson roller coaster. By the way, I don't know why the OP sat LJ last weekend after he rushed for 100+ yds and a TD the week before.

Yeah, he cost me today. I'm going with R.Brown as my RB2 from here on out. The Chiefs just suck and it's clear LJ won't always have a chance to get carries.

Hopefully I can trade him for a WR....

Ballstein said:
ClownDogs said:
what could I GET?
Did the same thing last week. After the big game with Denver I traded him for Boldin and Fred Taylor. Long term I think it'll turn out good. I need more consistancy from my RB2. I think if you are lucky enough to be able to use him for matchups only, you'll be fine. If you are counting on him each week, you're asking for trouble. Gotta give it up to Lammey and Bloom on the 5 minute drill. They called it right that last week would be the perfect time to trade him. :shrug:

Which of these looks worse?

Player A:

Week 1: 22/74/0

Week 2: 12/22/0

Week 3: 24/121/1

Week 4: 28/198/2

Week 5: 7/2/0

Player B:

Week 1: 21/97/0

Week 2: 10/26/0

Week 3: 26/67/2

Week 4: 20/106/2

Week 5: 12/35/0

These 2 guys are almost mirroring each other. These kinds of games happen.

Which of these looks worse?Player A:Week 1: 22/74/0Week 2: 12/22/0Week 3: 24/121/1Week 4: 28/198/2Week 5: 7/2/0Player B:Week 1: 21/97/0Week 2: 10/26/0Week 3: 26/67/2Week 4: 20/106/2Week 5: 12/35/0These 2 guys are almost mirroring each other. These kinds of games happen.
One plays for a team that is going to put him in a position to score fantasy points (B - LT) and one doesn't (B - LJ). "These kinds of games" happen a lot more often, and sometimes without warning, when the RB plays for one of the worst two or three teams in the league.

If you keep him you'd better pray KC doesn't get down by more than a few TDs in the 1st half

...or else LJ is an afterthought. :lmao:

Which of these looks worse?Player A:Week 1: 22/74/0Week 2: 12/22/0Week 3: 24/121/1Week 4: 28/198/2Week 5: 7/2/0Player B:Week 1: 21/97/0Week 2: 10/26/0Week 3: 26/67/2Week 4: 20/106/2Week 5: 12/35/0These 2 guys are almost mirroring each other. These kinds of games happen.
One plays for a team that is going to put him in a position to score fantasy points (B - LT) and one doesn't (B - LJ). "These kinds of games" happen a lot more often, and sometimes without warning, when the RB plays for one of the worst two or three teams in the league.
Playing on a good team is not a prerequisite to score fantasy points. While some of their teams are currently overachieving, Ronnie Brown, Gore, Turner, Slaton, Forte, SJax, and E. Graham don't play on powerhouse offensive teams by any stretch and make up the majority of the top RB scorers so far.I'm simply stating that LT is putting up the same kind of stinkers mixed in with big games as LJ is. And it's not as if LT has faced some stiff run defenses. So, if you're going to call LJ a matchup play at this point, then you should really do the same thing for LT if you use the same logic.

I traded him before the Broncos game and landed Grant (Gave: LJ, Rodgers, Branch. Got: Grant, Palmer, OchoCinco).

He isn't getting all the goal line carries. He isn't in on passing downs. They're not good enough to consistently have the lead. Sell if you can...if you can't get anything right now then sell him after his next big game.

LJ will have his games. The luck will come in starting him when he has them. I have LT and LJ in my backfield. Last week they gave me 51 points. This week they gave me 5.

If you drafted LJ as your RB1 or RB2 & understanding that he is such a risky candidate and playing for an AWFUL Chiefs team (bottom 10 in the league), you should have taken an *early RB3* to provide much needed depth & security at the crucial RB position.

Let's say hypothetically your draft went like this:

1.07 Portis

2.06 LJ

3.07 Turner / Reggie Bush / Edge / McFadden / J Stewart

4 WR1

5 WR2

6 WR3/QB/TE etc ~

Again by picking LJ you tacitly agree to play your RB2 on matchups & need to hedge your bet in case he didnt return to form after injury. If you're just in a 10 team league there might be serviceable options available for trade as a few teams prob have 3-4 startable RB2 options, or even you might find some scraps on the waiver wire (Benson, PIT's rb of the week? etc).

benbadman said:
If you drafted LJ as your RB1 or RB2 & understanding that he is such a risky candidate and playing for an AWFUL Chiefs team (bottom 10 in the league), you should have taken an *early RB3* to provide much needed depth & security at the crucial RB position. Let's say hypothetically your draft went like this:1.07 Portis2.06 LJ3.07 Turner / Reggie Bush / Edge / McFadden / J Stewart4 WR15 WR2 6 WR3/QB/TE etc ~Again by picking LJ you tacitly agree to play your RB2 on matchups & need to hedge your bet in case he didnt return to form after injury. If you're just in a 10 team league there might be serviceable options available for trade as a few teams prob have 3-4 startable RB2 options, or even you might find some scraps on the waiver wire (Benson, PIT's rb of the week? etc).
Great in theory. What happens this week when McFadden is on bye and Chris Johnson plays Baltimore. You either start LJ and get 0 or start Johnson and get 4. Sometimes there isn't anything you can do.

Ballstein said:
Chunky Soup said:
I think you costed yourself games by drafting/trading for the guy.
your a genius
no, your
:confused: no he aren't. you too play nice!For the record, LJ certainly isn't the only RB to have these dramatic up & down weeks this year. How many top 10 RBs haven't had a seriously bad week? LT, Barber, AP, Addai, SJax, Westy... Obviously a -0- sux, but getting a 3, 4 or 5 from your top 10 RB isn't doing you a heck of a lot better (and hopefully LJ didn't cost you a 1st rd pick).

Is there a reason they don't pass to him? Taking him out the second half of the last game is just bad coaching...

Users who are viewing this thread