What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Long COVID--We just published a paper showing an effective therapeutic approach (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
This is exciting for me because I think we eventually will be able to help millions of people suffering from Long COVID. Today, our paper was published in Frontiers in Medicine and shows the results of our approach to treating the disease. Even though there were only 18-patients in this study, the results were still statistically significant and our follow up study of ~300 patients is being reviewed as we speak. These studies will form the basis of our request to the FDA for a double blind placebo controlled trial that could begin later this year.

If anyone is suffering from Long COVID, PM me--I may be able to help.

Here's a link to the paper.

I’m interested to hear how this all shakes out. My Sister in Law has long COVID and just recently got accepted in the Mayo Clinic’s long hauler program.

I’m interested to hear how this all shakes out. My Sister in Law has long COVID and just recently got accepted in the Mayo Clinic’s long hauler program.
Hope she gets better but I am skeptical. The Mayo Clinic was suggesting PT for those with Long COVID--exercise activates the virus and is the reason many long haulers were bed ridden for days after exercise. I haven't seen any other therapeutic solutions and if your SIL wants to explore our approach, I'd be happy to help.

Know a 12yo with long haul. Basically a vegetable. Never seen anything like it. Crushed the lives of their family.
We treated a 12 yo boy who was suicidal and brought him back to normalcy. His parents own a MLB franchise and the story brings tears to my eyes.

We can help your friend.
They are working with the Cleveland Clinic now. Not sure what the next step is.

COVID rapidly brought on early dementia in my MIL. Brain scans show a loss of grey matter so doctors think it’s hopeless. Any chance this helps?

COVID rapidly brought on early dementia in my MIL. Brain scans show a loss of grey matter so doctors think it’s hopeless. Any chance this helps?

Hard to say but brain fog is one of the hallmark symptoms of Long COVID and we have effectively treated that condition in many patients.

What were the criteria you used in selecting a publisher?

I wasn't involved but our CEO has published ~100 papers and chapters so he takes care of it. There's a tradeoff between prestigious high profile journals and more specialized ones.

Users who are viewing this thread