What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for the best desk chair money can buy (1 Viewer)

Willie Neslon

Footballguy
*There's a thread about chairs, I know, but if I post in that thread nobody will open it/see it.

Last night my desk chair broke. It lasted about 20 years so no complaints but right now I'm sitting on it and long story short, it's busted. Looking to splurge and buy an ALL-TIME GREAT desk chair. I forget what they're called, the expensive chair with the with mesh-like back, I'm looking for something along the lines of that kind of quality but not necessarily that type of chair. Money is no object. Have you recently purchased the best desk-chair you've ever owned? Tell me about. Thank you in advance. 

This one? https://store.hermanmiller.com/office-chairs-aeron/aeron-chair/2195348.html?lang=en_US

Any idea what the specs are? (size/adjustable lumbar support, etc)
Hopefully you can find a HM retailer in your area and sit in one for yourself.  I was all set to buy one, but when I sat in one for an extended amount of time, I found the seat pan to be a bit stiff and uncomfortable, YMMV.  Also, there are different seat pan sizes.  The HM Embody chairs are even more expensive, and I found them to be pretty damn comfy.

This one? https://store.hermanmiller.com/office-chairs-aeron/aeron-chair/2195348.html?lang=en_US

Any idea what the specs are? (size/adjustable lumbar support, etc)
The lumbar is adjustable but a different, more simple design.  I bought this coming off a significant disc herniation and the support and adjust were welcome.  Arm height is adjustable but not forward/back.  Yes on the tilt mechanisms.  Dunno about the casters.  Not an ounce of regret.  

I sat in every single office chair that Office Depot had a couple years ago, as we were shopping for the office and I had no budget limit. The Serta model was the most comfortable by far. I think it was the around ~$500 model. It had all the adjustable separate parts and it just made you say "ahhhh" when you sat in it.

If you can find a GoT duplicate throne, I’m guessing that would be the best $ can buy. :thumbup:

There are Zoom backgrounds for this...I've used them extensively during budget review meetings when I feel the urge to say "no" a lot.  

I sat in every single office chair that Office Depot had a couple years ago, as we were shopping for the office and I had no budget limit. The Serta model was the most comfortable by far. I think it was the around ~$500 model. It had all the adjustable separate parts and it just made you say "ahhhh" when you sat in it.
I have the Serta i500 XL cuz my company paid for it. My complaints are that there bonded leather began flaming after 3 years so I had to get a chair cover. Also, I'm 5'9" so the XL is actually too big, but by-gawd is it comfy with the lumbar support. Despite the $500 price, there's no way it lasts 20 years. 

I have the Serta i500 XL cuz my company paid for it. My complaints are that there bonded leather began flaming after 3 years so I had to get a chair cover. Also, I'm 5'9" so the XL is actually too big, but by-gawd is it comfy with the lumbar support. Despite the $500 price, there's no way it lasts 20 years. 
Good to know. I didn't end up getting it bc I got another job lol. But about to be shopping soon for office furniture and that's what I'm going for. I wonder if the "extended warranty" for a few bucks would cover that?

My Herman Miller Aeron chair is broken (one arm) but I love it.  About 20 years old at this point.  

:thumbup:

We just got Herman Miller chairs for our whole office.  Can't speak to the longevity yet but it's by far the most comfortable chair I've had in 20 years.  And a variety of different body types in our office all say the same.  

I've had a Herman Miller Aeron at work for years, absolutely love it.  Very comfortable, very durable.  In fact, when everyone went to WFH in 2020, my employer sold a ton of Aeron's for $40 a pop to employees, so I grabbed one for my wife at home.  Great chairs, but pricy.  They are built like tanks though, so I would be confident buying a used one.

I also have a Secret Lab Titan in my home office, and I love that thing as well.  I can sit in it for hours comfortably.  Very different animal than the Aeron, but also very comfortable, and so far seems to be very durable.

Here - that'll set you apart. America's greatest caricaturist, Al Hirschfeld, drew every day for 50 yrs from an antique barber chair. looks pretty comfy, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread