What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking really bad. Which offenses will stink? (1 Viewer)

Ridiculous to have tampa in the same tier as jets/oak. for real? you are more than one tier off on tampa.

Freeman in his 3rd yr, doug martin, solid OL, VJax/ Tampa mike w. yeah that O wont do anything...

Ridiculous to have tampa in the same tier as jets/oak. for real? you are more than one tier off on tampa.

Freeman in his 3rd yr, doug martin, solid OL, VJax/ Tampa mike w. yeah that O wont do anything...
I think people are unnecessarily down on JAX, too. They've got decent skill positions. They aren't good, but they aren't in the discussion for league-worst with some of these other abortions, either.

I think people are unnecessarily down on JAX, too. They've got decent skill positions. They aren't good, but they aren't in the discussion for league-worst with some of these other abortions, either.
Until Gabbert shows he can handle an offense, he should be considered a bottom tier offense IMO.

Jets and Oakland IMO are in a tier by themselves. They will have historically bad offenses this season.

Jets and Oakland IMO are in a tier by themselves. They will have historically bad offenses this season.
Possibly. I think Oak may be able to salvage something if DMAC can stay healthy. That's a big IF though.

I like what Tampa has been doing with the new coach. The secondary could be much improved.

Nothing wrong with that offense.

I like that Smith and Pryor lead some lesser offenses. It gives them some intrigue. I'm not confident their offenses will suddenly be very good, but it's far more interesting than some pocket passer getting sacked a zillion times.

I think Pittsburgh has to be leery of a significant drop with Wallace in MIA and Bell injured.

The Steelers should see some improvement from having Pouncey and DeCastro back.

But other than this it does seem like a team headed in the wrong direction.

The worse 4 offenses for me are in this descending order here..

(Best)

Jacksonville (with Henne as QB and all recievers playing there the top teer an certainly usable FF players)

Oakland (these next 2 teams are close, could be swapped as you see fit)

Arizona (don't want to be forced to use anyone from here, including Fitz)

Jets (I won't have any player from this team)

(worst)

My quick thoughts:

Philly - big wild card here. Chip Kelley's offense may sizzle or it could totally bomb out. Personally, I think bombing out is more likely, especially if Vick gets injured.

Buffalo - they have had a lot of injuries and they are also installing a new offense. They could be pretty bad.

Washington - they had a good offense last year. I am expecting better this year. They should be good and could approach top tier. They will be good even with Cousin at qb.

Cleveland - will be much improved. Every Norv Turner team (either as HC or OC) has done well. They should be at least average this year.
Also could catch a lot of teams by surprise as there isn't much/any NFL film to study in defensive prep. Could catch wild-fire fast like the wildcat did for that year in Miami.

I think you have to put the Titans on the watch list. Yeah, they have CJ and a solid Oline, but the passing game has to be one of the worst in the NFL.

I think you have to put the Titans on the watch list. Yeah, they have CJ and a solid Oline, but the passing game has to be one of the worst in the NFL.
As a Titans fan, I don't think we hit .500 with Locker. He's easily one of the worse 5 starting QBs in the league right now. (ETA: honestly, I'd rather have Henne)

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 2 in the books (mostly). Based on points scored so far and how the offenses have looked.

Bottom: Jax, Jets, Oakland (not as bad as originally thought, but still bad), Cleveland, Pitt, Carolina, Titans

5 Teams currently averaging 30+ pts and 400+ yards of offense a week

Denver, GB, Philly, Houston, Chargers.

washington is pretty bad they are near the bottom. only points they score are in garbage time

The Jaguars offense has scored 4.5 ppg this far. 6 of those 9 points were during meaningless garbage time. They are on pace to shatter the record as the worst offense to ever step on a NFL field.

The Jaguars offense has scored 4.5 ppg this far. 6 of those 9 points were during meaningless garbage time. They are on pace to shatter the record as the worst offense to ever step on a NFL field.
Worst part was they could not handle the Raiders pass rush. How are they going to handle Seattle's? It going to be ugly.

Week 2 in the books (mostly). Based on points scored so far and how the offenses have looked.

Bottom: Jax, Jets, Oakland (not as bad as originally thought, but still bad), Cleveland, Pitt, Carolina, Titans

5 Teams currently averaging 30+ pts and 400+ yards of offense a week

Denver, GB, Philly, Houston, Chargers.
Yup. Time to give the Boltz some credit.

Currently:

1a. Jax Jags

1b. The TB Bucs.

Off the list:

MIN & CLE, both helped by new QBs.

Users who are viewing this thread