What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking to make a potential buy low trade at WR or RB. Should I make a move to prepare for 2nd half of the season? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
My team will move to 6-1 and am in first place in 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. We start 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex (RB, WR, or TE), K, and DEF

Roster:

QB - Rodgers, Goff, Darnold; RB - Elliott, Ingram, Chubb, L. Murray, Cook; WR - Adams, Gordon, Boyd, Golladay; TE - Njoku, Engram; DEF - Rams; K - Zuerlein

Their team is:

QB - Watson, Alex Smith, Keenum; RB - Bell, Michel, Ekeler, Clement, Collins, Ito Smith; RB - Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Tyler Lockett; TE - Ertz; K - Elliott; DEF - Detroit, Chicago

Their team is in last place at 1-6 after this weekend. Feel like I have some pieces that can help his team and vice versa. Thoughts?

Chubb for Bell could help both teams. I would first try Chubb and Njoku for Bell and Ertz though to see if that flies with them, if not just do Chubb for Bell.

Chubb for Bell could help both teams. I would first try Chubb and Njoku for Bell and Ertz though to see if that flies with them, if not just do Chubb for Bell.
I don't like that idea.  I have no trust that Bell will do anything this year and Chubb will be a high volume guy on an offense that looks to be improving.  I would stick with the known piece

I would look to acquire Keenan Allen.  He may be looked down on since he hasn't had a TD since week 1 and the big splash plays are going to T Williams the last couple of games.  Maybe Murray/Cook & Boyd for Allen?

What about making a play for Stefon Diggs? Here is their team's roster:

QB - Brady, Prescott, Carr, Allen

RB - Gurley, Crowell

WR - Diggs, Tate, Kupp, Fitzgerald, Watkins, DeSean Jackson

TE - Gostkowski, Kittle

What if I offered Cook/Murray for Diggs? Would you rather have Keenan Allen or Diggs?

Thanks for answering mine.

In regards to Allen vs Diggs.  You're talking about buying low.  I think I would much rather have Allen than Diggs.  We know what both players can do despite the fact that they have both been pretty low key this year.  But Allen is still the guy in San Diego.  It seems to me like Thielen is the guy in Minnesota.  Diggs will have his share of decent games, but I think playing the odds, I'd rather have Allen than Diggs.

Thanks for the response!

I don't like that idea.  I have no trust that Bell will do anything this year and Chubb will be a high volume guy on an offense that looks to be improving.  I would stick with the known piece

I would look to acquire Keenan Allen.  He may be looked down on since he hasn't had a TD since week 1 and the big splash plays are going to T Williams the last couple of games.  Maybe Murray/Cook & Boyd for Allen?
Personally, I'd be hesitant on taking up Bell. He still hasn't reported to the team (other than some talks that have been going on). So I I'd agree, don't look for Bell. Murray is going to be in for an additional three more weeks since Cook is out till after their bye week (comes back Week 12), so he's definitely going to have some big games till then (as long as they use him like they currently are). But you're already well off at RB, so Murray definitely has some high value.

What about making a play for Stefon Diggs? Here is their team's roster:

QB - Brady, Prescott, Carr, Allen

RB - Gurley, Crowell

WR - Diggs, Tate, Kupp, Fitzgerald, Watkins, DeSean Jackson

TE - Gostkowski, Kittle

What if I offered Cook/Murray for Diggs? Would you rather have Keenan Allen or Diggs?
This is a bit of a tough one. Just like jmble said, they both definitely have been low-key. I personally prefer Diggs primarily based on targets. Diggs currently 48 catches for 71 targets whereas Allen is 41 catches for 56 targets. Just shows that he's seeing looks even with Thielen having a phenomenal season. On the other hand, Allen has had ~50 more yards (506 vs 468) & a better yds/rec (12.3 vs 9.8).

For Allen, even with Melvin out, he only saw 5 targets (which he caught all & 70 some yards). Imo Rivers spreads the wealth more whereas Cousins is passing to Thielen or Diggs (Rudolph only has 35 targets and it's taken a dip lately). Though having lower fantasy points, Allen has been more stable whereas Diggs has a higher ceiling and "unstable" in a sense (a lot of fluctuation ie in a 1 pt ppr league, he was 22 pts week 5, 7 pts week 6, 11 pts week 7). AND I think Diggs has an easier schedule moving forward.

My final choice: Murray for Diggs. Just be wary though, Bilal Powell has been placed on IR so the other team's Crowell will be seeing more touches (basically he may counter you on that trade).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response!

Personally, I'd be hesitant on taking up Bell. He still hasn't reported to the team (other than some talks that have been going on). So I I'd agree, don't look for Bell. Murray is going to be in for an additional three more weeks since Cook is out till after their bye week (comes back Week 12), so he's definitely going to have some big games till then (as long as they use him like they currently are). But you're already well off at RB, so Murray definitely has some high value.

This is a bit of a tough one. Just like jmble said, they both definitely have been low-key. I personally prefer Diggs primarily based on targets. Diggs currently 48 catches for 71 targets whereas Allen is 41 catches for 56 targets. Just shows that he's seeing looks even with Thielen having a phenomenal season. On the other hand, Allen has had ~50 more yards (506 vs 468) & a better yds/rec (12.3 vs 9.8).

For Allen, even with Melvin out, he only saw 5 targets (which he caught all & 70 some yards). Imo Rivers spreads the wealth more whereas Cousins is passing to Thielen or Diggs (Rudolph only has 35 targets and it's taken a dip lately). Though having lower fantasy points, Allen has been more stable whereas Diggs has a higher ceiling and "unstable" in a sense (a lot of fluctuation ie in a 1 pt ppr league, he was 22 pts week 5, 7 pts week 6, 11 pts week 7). AND I think Diggs has an easier schedule moving forward.

My final choice: Murray for Diggs. Just be wary though, Bilal Powell has been placed on IR so the other team's Crowell will be seeing more touches (basically he may counter you on that trade).
Thanks for your insight, appreciate it. Actually thinking about moving Ingram instead of Murray/Cook. At least I know with Murray (or Cook, when healthy), I"m getting the primary ball carrier. Rest of season, New Orleans faces 24th most difficult schedule for RBs, where as Minnesota is 13th. In fantasy playoffs, New Orleans is rated 28th and Minnesota 2nd (!). I feel a little uneasy with Ingram in that he's the lesser half of the tandem this year as opposed to last year when he was the greater half of the Kamara/Ingram tandem. He's not necessarily the primary ballcarrier in the red zone so it's not like he's got a clear "role" to go off of. At play in this, is I'm also facing this same team this weekend. I feel like Diggs gives me the higher upside versus Ingram and the Vikings run defense. Ingram went 10 carries for 25 yards against them in playoffs last year.

Users who are viewing this thread