What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking to trade in old video games/systems for cash and such (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
Ok I was cleaning out my basement and found some of my old video game systems and games. I want to cash in some games and systems. I got my PS4 which is no need with a PS5 some and a PS3 plus I got my originally Grey Playstation with games including Crash bandicoot and a PS Slim. Honestly didn't realize the amount of PS games I had. I'm not sure if controllers even work. I just know some collector might take the whole thing just to add to collection and then they sell off and such the stuff they don't need as its easier to get the 1 game or whatever in a collection then solo.

Anyone know anywhere near me or somewhere thats legit I can get cash for all of this? I'd try eBay or maybe Facebook market where I sold guitar hero already. But I think a collector would give me more money. I'd rather not pay someone for shipping or other charges if it can be avoided.

I collect older games so not sure on the newer stuff you have. Most important thing in the NES, Genesis, Atari, PS1 stuff is having the box, manuals, controllers, wires even styrofoam. The boxes are now graded like baseball cards so their shape is really important. If they're still sealed, huge premium. The cartridge or discs are generally worthless ($5-10) unless the game is rare. Most systems don't garner much on their own probably $25-50.

Best bet is search Ebay sold listings to get a feel for market value of your items. Unless you have some very expensive items, sell them as a bundle on eBay or Marketplace and you'll get some nibbles. People are always buying games and looking for deals.

Disc Replay or GameStop or something unless you want to spend a bunch of time to maximize profit

Gamestop doesn't take anything under PS3 now. Plus I don't have the original controller for my PS4 because someone knocked over the table it was on and then was stepped on and crushed. I asked the guy at GS and apparently it's a new policy. I'd like to get what it's worth. My original plan was to take the hardcopies of the PS4 games I had plus the system to them and trade it in. I did end up trading the games in and got a decent headset good enough for gaming use as well as when my mom is working in the area I can play without bothering her. I also have a cooling stand game disc rack power but GS doesn't take stuff like that.

My one buddy mentioned a collector. Was thinking of posting it all on Facebook market possible and hope to get lucky. I might put a price like $2OO not accepting anything less for example give me best offer over.

Take a picture of it all and sell it in FB marketplace, EBay with local pickup only or Craigslist.

Not sure anybody wants a PS4. It just old enough to be old, but not old enough to be rare or desired….for now.

Basically anything that was HYPER popular 25-30+ years ago is about the sweet spot for collectibles. Right now the old 8-bit stuff has skyrocketed, the 16 bit stuff is and has been gaining steam. Any of the handheld consoles (Sega nomad, game gear, Atari lynx, etc,) are worth a small fortune except the original Gameboy is still “cheap” at around $100.

If you want max cash you’re better off stuffing it in a box and selling down the road.

Take a picture of it all and sell it in FB marketplace, EBay with local pickup only or Craigslist.

Not sure anybody wants a PS4. It just old enough to be old, but not old enough to be rare or desired….for now.

Basically anything that was HYPER popular 25-30+ years ago is about the sweet spot for collectibles. Right now the old 8-bit stuff has skyrocketed, the 16 bit stuff is and has been gaining steam. Any of the handheld consoles (Sega nomad, game gear, Atari lynx, etc,) are worth a small fortune except the original Gameboy is still “cheap” at around $100.

If you want max cash you’re better off stuffing it in a box and selling down the road.

FB market might be the best. Theres a collector shop near me I might research and see what I can get. See if I can get that amount on marketplace

Users who are viewing this thread