What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Losman staying put in Buffalo (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
LINK

A media report coming out of the NFL Meetings in Orlando last month quoted two unnamed league personnel sources saying they "expect the team (the Bills) to put the former first-round pick (quarterback J.P. Losman) on the trade block before the start of the 2006 season - if he isn't already there."

Citing that there is no truth whatsoever to the report, Bills General Manager Marv Levy today ended any speculation by saying, "There really is no substance to that report. We've made no overtures to anyone. No one has approached us and even if they did, we have a regard for J.P. He's a young quarterback who has put in that learning time. I can name countless others who have gone through this process. There are many things about him that we like, such as his work ethic, his personal motivation and his skills are all pluses. Part of the good news is that he has yet to reach what he is capable of reaching. So, as we said before, it's an open competition at quarterback and J.P. is very much a part of it and we fully intend to have him in it."

No one from the Bills organization was contacted by the reporter for the story and the team wants to put an end to the speculation as the report has appeared in a couple of notes columns across the country.
So that's that.

LINK

A media report coming out of the NFL Meetings in Orlando last month quoted two unnamed league personnel sources saying they "expect the team (the Bills) to put the former first-round pick (quarterback J.P. Losman) on the trade block before the start of the 2006 season - if he isn't already there."

Citing that there is no truth whatsoever to the report, Bills General Manager Marv Levy today ended any speculation by saying, "There really is no substance to that report. We've made no overtures to anyone. No one has approached us and even if they did, we have a regard for J.P. He's a young quarterback who has put in that learning time. I can name countless others who have gone through this process. There are many things about him that we like, such as his work ethic, his personal motivation and his skills are all pluses. Part of the good news is that he has yet to reach what he is capable of reaching. So, as we said before, it's an open competition at quarterback and J.P. is very much a part of it and we fully intend to have him in it."

No one from the Bills organization was contacted by the reporter for the story and the team wants to put an end to the speculation as the report has appeared in a couple of notes columns across the country.
So that's that.
Or, perhaps, the Bills don't want the drive the price down on Loseman by saying bad things about him.Not saying that they will trade Loseman, but it makes sense either way to pump the guy up.

I see this as a way to save face. If they do trade him they will come out and say, "we had not plans to trade our young, star QB, but team ABC made us such a great offer".

The offer might be a bag of buffalo wings, and this is still what Levy, etc. will say.

I see this as a way to save face. If they do trade him they will come out and say, "we had not plans to trade our young, star QB, but team ABC made us such a great offer".

The offer might be a bag of buffalo wings, and this is still what Levy, etc. will say.
For the cap hit they'll take, it makes no sense to trade him now. He'll be gone after next year.

I hope he goes, because the Bills are still on their downward spiral... It will be a year or two before they get anywhere good. Losman can succeed IMO, but needs the chance, and a good play caller, not Malarkey's joke of an offense.

Users who are viewing this thread