What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lost Jefferson, Bourne, Dell + Kirk, and Jefferson again...desperate for WR help (1 Viewer)

MissionCoach

Footballguy
Lost Jefferson in week 4, Bourne in week 8, Dell + Kirk week 13, Jefferson again week 14, have had Demario Douglas in concussion protocol the last 2 weeks, and still managed to make the playoffs.

This late in the season there is not much at all on the WW, and I'm desperate for WR depth.

That being said, I'm in a 12 team, 1 PPR league, and will hopefully be starting Jefferson and DJ Moore, and need a 3rd WR to start. I'm leaning to Douglas, but I'm open to suggestions.

Which 1 of these desperation WR's should I start this week, I also have to cut 1 WR, who has the least value going forward?

Douglas/NE vs KC - has been in concussion protocol the last 2 weeks. NE Offense sux, but Douglas could put up WR 3 numbers if he plays.

Shakir/Buf vs Dallas - with TE Knox back, not sure Shakir is on the radar

A.Pierce/Ind vs Pitt - put up 100 yards in week 13, but thats about it

Parker Washington/Jax vs Baltimore - Could be an OK fill in for Kirk

Demarcus Robinson/LAR vs Washington, scored the last 2 weeks, and tied for the most team targets + Stafford has been hot.

Appreciate all opinions

I see it this way:

• Douglas: He was getting a lot in PPR formats before the concussion. I expect he steps back into that role if he gets cleared. If you want a higher floor his is my choice
  • Shakir: Too many mouths to feed. He is boom/bust and the boom is likely not that big. I wouldn't consider him at this point
  • Pierce: Another boom/bust option. More of a dice roll than anything else.
  • Washington: Seems to have rapport with Lawrence. Waldman had in his article this week that Washington & Lawrence are a good match based on their strengths and what they like to do. I agree based on the eye test. I would have no issue starting him as a WR3/Flex
  • Robinson: Stafford is playing well and Robinson is getting the benefit. Good matchup vs Washington but I wonder if they won't have to spread things out and it will be all Kupp and Puka with a healthy dose of Kyren. That is my reservation there. I probably have him in 3rd place for this week however if you want the ceiling play I may go here on the off chance that Stafford zones in on him because of the poor defense and maybe that leads to Robinson getting targets based on the scheme. A bit of a boom/bust in my eyes but if you need the ceiling I probably go here.

I see it this way:

• Douglas: He was getting a lot in PPR formats before the concussion. I expect he steps back into that role if he gets cleared. If you want a higher floor his is my choice
  • Shakir: Too many mouths to feed. He is boom/bust and the boom is likely not that big. I wouldn't consider him at this point
  • Pierce: Another boom/bust option. More of a dice roll than anything else.
  • Washington: Seems to have rapport with Lawrence. Waldman had in his article this week that Washington & Lawrence are a good match based on their strengths and what they like to do. I agree based on the eye test. I would have no issue starting him as a WR3/Flex
  • Robinson: Stafford is playing well and Robinson is getting the benefit. Good matchup vs Washington but I wonder if they won't have to spread things out and it will be all Kupp and Puka with a healthy dose of Kyren. That is my reservation there. I probably have him in 3rd place for this week however if you want the ceiling play I may go here on the off chance that Stafford zones in on him because of the poor defense and maybe that leads to Robinson getting targets based on the scheme. A bit of a boom/bust in my eyes but if you need the ceiling I probably go here.
Thanks for the very good assessment. I totally agree, I rank these players 1Douglas 2Washington 3 Robinson. More than likely I will keep Shakir who has shown he can play, and has a QB that can get him the ball. Process of elimination, I think I will have to cut Pierce, need the space for another position. Thanks again!

More than likely I will keep Shakir who has shown he can play, and has a QB that can get him the ball. Process of elimination, I think I will have to cut Pierce, need the space for another position. Thanks again!
I would go the opposite and cut Shakir. Colts don't have many options and Pierce is the #2/3 option depending on what you think of Downs. Shakir is like 5 or 6 and you will never know when to put him in your lineup. Frustrating to own. I drop him.

Users who are viewing this thread