What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LT on his toe (1 Viewer)

gasFace

Footballguy
LaDainian Tomlinson (RB)

9/19: LaDainian Tomlinson did not sound very positive when discussing his toe injury after Friday's practice according to ESPN.com. "It went OK," Tomlinson said. "I did what I wanted to do. I didn't expect to do full participation but I wanted to get out and do some stuff running the football. It definitely is a lot better than last week. That's the exciting part about it. But at that same time, I'm going to be realistic about it. I'm pretty sure on Monday, I'll probably still have a little problem with it but it will be a week better."

LaDainian Tomlinson (RB)9/19: LaDainian Tomlinson did not sound very positive when discussing his toe injury after Friday's practice according to ESPN.com. "It went OK," Tomlinson said. "I did what I wanted to do. I didn't expect to do full participation but I wanted to get out and do some stuff running the football. It definitely is a lot better than last week. That's the exciting part about it. But at that same time, I'm going to be realistic about it. I'm pretty sure on Monday, I'll probably still have a little problem with it but it will be a week better."
:bs:

starting sproles with confidence. watching LT pull up lame in the playoffs last year, and again last week,

I have no doubt he'll do little or nothing on monday night as well.

:trend:

Last edited by a moderator:
The smartest thing the Chargers coaching staff could do is to sit Tomlinson this week and go with Sproles and Hester. This has the potential for being an ongoing problem if it doesn't get enough rest.

BTW, I have Tomlinson and not Sproles. But I want the problem with the toe to go away, rather than it be a nagging injury that affects his performance for weeks.

The vibe does not sound very good and LT owners should plan accordingly. I bet come Monday it's the dreaded GTD and he sits this one out to try and get healed up.

The vibe does not sound very good and LT owners should plan accordingly. I bet come Monday it's the dreaded GTD and he sits this one out to try and get healed up.
what is the consensus on Sproles? Would anyone start him over J Jones this week?

The smartest thing the Chargers coaching staff could do is to sit Tomlinson this week and go with Sproles and Hester. This has the potential for being an ongoing problem if it doesn't get enough rest.BTW, I have Tomlinson and not Sproles. But I want the problem with the toe to go away, rather than it be a nagging injury that affects his performance for weeks.
Agreed. In hindsight, I bet LT wishes that he didn't play against Denver. He probably set back his recovery two weeks by playing. I don't plan for having LT back in my lineup until Week 6. And I'm in a deep league so I don't have Sproles and don't have great depth behind him.

The smartest thing the Chargers coaching staff could do is to sit Tomlinson this week and go with Sproles and Hester. This has the potential for being an ongoing problem if it doesn't get enough rest.BTW, I have Tomlinson and not Sproles. But I want the problem with the toe to go away, rather than it be a nagging injury that affects his performance for weeks.
Only problem being, SD coaches aren't looking at the situation from a fantasy football perspective. They're 0-2, another loss and season is over. I understand this is a FF board, but people need to have perspective in terms of real football, and wins and losses for a team. And before someone chimes in talking about sproles will shred the Jets D blahblahblah, think it over first. There is no guarantee Sproles does anything. LT, well he has a resume...

gimpy injured player with an injury that will probably get worse if used

vs.

electric youngster who probably cant handle tons of touches but is a great starter on a short term basis

hmmmmmmmmmm

You want LT to put up LT like numbers later in the season. The chargers and LT want to make sure they aren't 0-3 on Monday. I'm willing to bet they think the best chance of avoiding 0-3 is if LT can play, even at 70 or 80%. So, is "the smartest thing the Chargers coaching staff could do to sit Tomlinson" ?

You want LT to put up LT like numbers later in the season. The chargers and LT want to make sure they aren't 0-3 on Monday. I'm willing to bet they think the best chance of avoiding 0-3 is if LT can play, even at 70 or 80%. So, is "the smartest thing the Chargers coaching staff could do to sit Tomlinson" ?
Yes, indeed. They don't need to have LT play the way he did last week, and then exacerbate the problem. They need LT to be at full strength in order to really compete for the SB, and the quicker he gets there, the better for them.

Chargers | Tomlinson will start Week 3 Published Sat Sep 20 11:07:37 a.m. ET 2008

(KFFL) Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson (toe) will start the team's Week 3 game, though it is not certain how much he will play.

Chargers | Tomlinson will start Week 3 Published Sat Sep 20 11:07:37 a.m. ET 2008

(KFFL) Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson (toe) will start the team's Week 3 game, though it is not certain how much he will play.
Yeah...I saw this update...but I wasn't able to find anywhere on Acee's blog where he says that LT will start. Judge for yourself...it says McNeil will start...but it doesn't say LT will...

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/cha...nable/?chargers

Chargers | Tomlinson will start Week 3 Published Sat Sep 20 11:07:37 a.m. ET 2008 (KFFL) Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson (toe) will start the team's Week 3 game, though it is not certain how much he will play.
Grrrrrggghhhh.... I can't help but feel that this is simply stubbornness on Tomlinson's part. Let it heal, my man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have LT and if he's going to start seems he's not cripple yet he will be in my starting lineup, hurt still yes, what he gets who knows..but shark rule is always start your studs! Thinking 12/60yds rush 1TD and 4/40 receiving and a possible 1 for 65yds passing.

Well I have LT and if he's going to start seems he's not cripple yet he will be in my starting lineup, hurt still yes, what he gets who knows..but shark rule is always start your studs! Thinking 12/60yds rush 1TD and 4/40 receiving and a possible 1 for 65yds passing.
...guess that is why they call it FANTASY football

...guess that is why they call it FANTASY football
This stuff after the draft is all luck pal...trust me..no need to be a shark after the draft..who knows the future!

The smartest thing the Chargers coaching staff could do is to sit Tomlinson this week and go with Sproles and Hester. This has the potential for being an ongoing problem if it doesn't get enough rest.

BTW, I have Tomlinson and not Sproles. But I want the problem with the toe to go away, rather than it be a nagging injury that affects his performance for weeks.
Yes, indeed. They don't need to have LT play the way he did last week, and then exacerbate the problem. They need LT to be at full strength in order to really compete for the SB, and the quicker he gets there, the better for them.
VERY :lmao: And rest is the only way this happens. Not playing 10 plays a game.

Are you people worried about San Diego going to the super bowl or having LT get points galore for you..even if he sits out they can still be 0-3 hard to be going to super bowl. But if he plays can be a decoy and they throw the ball since more in the box.

He's a gamer. I know people like to criticize him for the playoff game but he's going to give it everything he can to get on the field. This guy takes care of himself and his injuries probably better than any back. I read some articles a while back about him and some advice he got from Emmit Smith early in his career and Smith told him how important it was to take care of your injuries and from when LT started he took care to spend extra time on the tables, stretching, massages, tubs to get the stuff healed.

I bet LT is rehabbing big time all week and doesn't really know how good or bad he'll be because he's not really testing it. He'll test it at game time, unfortunately it sucks for fantasy owners. I'm sure that's what happened in the playoffs...rehabbed as hard as possible and hoped it would be ok and it wasn't. You don't play as many games as he has without being tough as nails.

Report: Sproles to get more touches than LT2

Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee said on NFL Network's Team Cam program that he expects Darren Sproles to get more carries than LaDainian Tomlinson on Monday night.

Acee said Tomlinson's toe is too painful for him to make moves horizontally and predicts that LT2 may only get around 10 carries, just like last week. It's a difficult situation to handicap, but Sproles looks like the better play. We don't have either player in our top-25 now, but Sproles looks like a better flex option.

Users who are viewing this thread