What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LT2 gone from best ever to straight up trade for Chris Johnson (1 Viewer)

Hoss_Cartwright

Footballguy
I hate RBs in Fantasy Football. Their shelf life is so damn short. A guy just traded LT2 for Chris Johnson in one of my dynasty leagues. At first it makes you think, wow, that wasn't very smart, but when you think about it, maybe it was a smart move. Can you imagine the uproar if someone did this not so long ago?

I hate RBs in Fantasy Football. Their shelf life is so damn short. A guy just traded LT2 for Chris Johnson in one of my dynasty leagues. At first it makes you think, wow, that wasn't very smart, but when you think about it, maybe it was a smart move. Can you imagine the uproar if someone did this not so long ago?
The trade is probably decent for both, but LT has not had a short career.The guy's been an absolute beast for 7 years now, about twice as long as the average career.

a terrible trade for the LT owner. Dude, this is Chris Johnson we are talking about. this guy isnt the next LT as much as some people are wishing. Sad really.

Lets be realistic...is there another LT? If so, who?

The list of RB's that have dominated fantasy football like LT has is very very very short. He is in a very small class.

Faulk?

Priest?

Who else?

a terrible trade for the LT owner. Dude, this is Chris Johnson we are talking about. this guy isnt the next LT as much as some people are wishing. Sad really.
What were the responses when Alexander fell off?Everybody seems to think that trading LT is sacriligeous. I'd that trade in a heart beat. Maybe people aren't actually watching what LT looks like this year. The guy was amazing and maybe he's not totally done yet but he is no longer untouchable.

What were the responses when Alexander fell off?Everybody seems to think that trading LT is sacriligeous. I'd that trade in a heart beat. Maybe people aren't actually watching what LT looks like this year. The guy was amazing and maybe he's not totally done yet but he is no longer untouchable.
I'm saying you should ba able to do better than Chris Johnson.

I don't think Tomlinson is there yet but your Alexander comment is probably what people fear most. That guy fell so fast so quick. As you know, in dynasty, you try and get something for the "old" guy before you can't get anything in return. I think Shaun left alot of people stuck in that regard.Here's a link and stats

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlexSh00.htm

Code:
Year Age Tm Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G YScm RRTD Fmb 2000 23 SEA  16 1 64 313 2 50 4.9 19.6 4.0 5 41 8.2 0 18 0.3 2.6 354 2 2 2001 24 SEA RB 16 12 309 1318 14 88 4.3 82.4 19.3 44 343 7.8 2 28 2.8 21.4 1661 16 4 2002 25 SEA RB 16 16 295 1175 16 58 4.0 73.4 18.4 59 460 7.8 2 80 3.7 28.8 1635 18 3 2003* 26 SEA RB 16 15 326 1435 14 55 4.4 89.7 20.4 42 295 7.0 2 22 2.6 18.4 1730 16 4 2004* 27 SEA RB 16 16 353 1696 16 44 4.8 106.0 22.1 23 170 7.4 4 24 1.4 10.6 1866 20 5 2005*+ 28 SEA RB 16 16 370 1880 27 88 5.1 117.5 23.1 15 78 5.2 1 9 0.9 4.9 1958 28 5 2006 29 SEA RB 10 10 252 896 7 33 3.6 89.6 25.2 12 48 4.0 0 14 1.2 4.8 944 7 6 2007 30 SEA RB 13 10 207 716 4 25 3.5 55.1 15.9 14 76 5.4 1 18 1.1 5.8 792 5 2
ETA Production-wise people really fail to notice that per game, Shaun wasn't that bad. We just expected great things. He'd have been a 1200 yard back in 06 and a 1000 yard back in 07 if he played 16 games. In 06 he had roughly 900 in 10 games. The contrast from 1880 yards and 27 TDs has been pretty dramatic for FF. ANY other player with those stats and there would be at least a dozen "did you see the Redskins picked up Shaun" threads. I feel like I can flat out guarantee he and/or his stats become a standard debate topic for years around here for dynasty folks. When he dropped from roughly 1900 to 900, everyone in FF sorta ran away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets be realistic...is there another LT? If so, who?The list of RB's that have dominated fantasy football like LT has is very very very short. He is in a very small class.Faulk?Priest?Who else?
Priest isn't in the conversation, his shelf life was 3 years. Alexander should be though, he had 6 very good seasons in a row.

He is playing with turf toe. With that said and any of you have have played football with it, know how bad it is. Lets see next year or when he is healthy how he looks before we bash him. ie: see my boy C WOOD! Looks ok or like the best, years after turf toe in Oak town :confused:

Trade doesn't seem bad at all.

Sure, most would like to get more for LT. But, in many dynasty leagues, there is a real bias against older guys, which reduces their value significantly. (This often makes WRs in their early 30s great values.)

If I were an LT owner in a dynasty league, I might do that trade. I'd probably want a little more.

But I think it makes sense for a team that is contending or rebuilding. LBJ has a good schedule coming up.

Overall, nothing very alarming about that trade.

Dynasty is what it is. I couldn't argue with anybody who says LBJ will put up better numbers over the next four years than LT will. He might. He might not. There's a good case to be made.

Maybe people aren't actually watching what LT looks like this year. The guy was amazing and maybe he's not totally done yet but he is no longer untouchable.
or maybe people realize how badly turf toe can affect a RB's performance. LT ain't done. i'm starting to think he's gonna be a steal in redraft next year.

There are many of us who view CJ3 as a top 10 RB in dynasty, there aren't many players better if you're rebuilding. If I'm an LT owner (I am) who is rebuilding (I am not), I'd do this deal pretty easily.

There are many of us who view CJ3 as a top 10 RB in dynasty, there aren't many players better if you're rebuilding. If I'm an LT owner (I am) who is rebuilding (I am not), I'd do this deal pretty easily.
good point. I think i might be bitter baecause I traded him away for McNabb in my 2QB Keeper League. That being said, i love CJ but i think it is premature to give up on LT for him.

Users who are viewing this thread