What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

luck owners....I think its time to panic (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
what are you guys doing?

hes my redraft qb1 and I am panicking. I am in first and solid everywhere else but his and the colts play recently has me concerned.

his match ups down the stretch are the suck and I am thinking of trying to find another qb for the stretch run.

I had picked up keenum cause I liked HOU schedule and a few weeks back thought I may start him but no way can I do that now....

Could a Carson Palmer or Mike Glennon actually be a better option moving forward?

im serious dude...will drink some more beer soon. but regardless of my alcohol level I am concerned. I cant be the only one that feels this way
I'm right there with you. I don't know if the problem is terrible offensive coaching in going from the Arians offense to the current ultra-conservative Pagano/Hamilton offense, or if it's the horrendous offensive line play, or crappy WR's, or Luck himself in a 'sophomore slump'.

Actually, after reading all of that I think I answered my own question. This team's offense is a MESS.

He's not actually doing that bad in fantasy. 14 points for me today... One if his worst yet.

I saw this as soon as Wayne went down, his stats started to falter. I think it also has to do with Richardson being so bad. Teams don't respect the run at all.

I picked up Aaron Rodgers for the playoffs. Hoping that pays off. Lucks ROS schedule is not that great either, especially playoffs.

I agree, it's time to panic. If he can't do well against a mediocre matchup, how is he going to do well vs CIN, HOU, KC in the fantasy playoffs?

I'm also eyeing up Big Ben. He has a favorable ROS schedule and he has been turning it on lately.

He's not actually doing that bad in fantasy. 14 points for me today... One if his worst yet.

I saw this as soon as Wayne went down, his stats started to falter. I think it also has to do with Richardson being so bad. Teams don't respect the run at all.

I picked up Aaron Rodgers for the playoffs. Hoping that pays off. Lucks ROS schedule is not that great either, especially playoffs.

I agree, it's time to panic. If he can't do well against a mediocre matchup, how is he going to do well vs CIN, HOU, KC in the fantasy playoffs?

I'm also eyeing up Big Ben. He has a favorable ROS schedule and he has been turning it on lately.
Rodgers? Are you ####### kidding me?

Rodgers? Are you ####### kidding me?
Andre brown for Rodgers tradeSorry, worded that wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucks match ups aren't great. You're likely losing pts at QB to anyone you run into in the play.

I'll sit him for rivers.

For you guys that watched this game: do you think the poor performance was due more to Luck sucking or was the Arizona defense that good?

Luck can't do it all by himself which is what he's essentially being asked to do right now. Against bad defenses, he'll still put up decent numbers but not against good defenses.

I was very surprised to see in my league that he is QB #4 for the year. I haven't been happy to own him at any point this season.

I'm growing concerned as well. Luck can salvage a bad day with a rushing TD and he has done that on 2 or 3 occasions (last week) but he sure looks capable of throwing up a single digit performance soon. I was lucky enough to flip keenan allen for phillip Rivers before the deadline last week and will probably be running with Rivers moving forward.

He's the number 9 qb in my league and the number 15 player overall. His rushing prowess can't be overlooked when it comes to his fantasy value but in terms of his passing numbers ROS, yes I would be very concerned.

For you guys that watched this game: do you think the poor performance was due more to Luck sucking or was the Arizona defense that good?
Combo. 'Zona is quietly a very good defense. If you can't push the ball down their throat or turn them over quickly with your own defense, its hard to match up with them.

Combo. 'Zona is quietly a very good defense. If you can't push the ball down their throat or turn them over quickly with your own defense, its hard to match up with them.
You don't want to start a QB against them unless you have the Manning/Brees guys..

I don't know about quietly. I thought it's been pretty obvious for a while now that they were carrying ARI while Palmer floundered under center (admittedly he's picked it up recently).

As for Luck, IND's OL is definitely at least partially to blame here; there just isn't enough time for plays to develop. Increased pressure + losing one of the best possession receivers in the game = :wall: .

It is very hard to believe, but for many hard luck owners, this week is GLENNON TIME!!!!!

Which most likely will be followed with an interception and 28 yards passing before he blows out his knee.

I'm definitely going with Big Ben or Dalton the rest of the way. Both have a really good Week 16 matchup. Just need to get through Week 15.

Boy this Indy team really fell apart. All after Wayne went down, from an outsider's POV. They obviously have OL issues with how many sacks he's been taking too. I'm not sure if there are injuries on that front too, but clearly a big issue for Indy and Luck owners moving forward

who do you like better going forward? tannehill, palmer, or luck?
I think in this case you have to go QBBC.

I plan on starting Luck Week 15. He is against Houston which is not a bad matchup, but not great. Compared to my other options (Dalton and Big Ben), Luck is the best option unfortunately. However I will see if anything changes with in the next 13 days before making that decision.

In terms of Tennehill, Palmer, or Luck from here on out... Again QBBC

14- I won't even offer advice since those are 3 bad matchups

15- Luck because I think Houston gives up a lot

16- Tannehill, but KC has looked beatable lately and if you make it to 16 do you really put your hopes on Tannehill vs the guy that got you where you are?

Really tough call.

Pep Hamilton needs to go.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Luck was tremendous last year as a rookie under a different coordinator/coach. Wasn't this o-line supposedly upgraded from last year? Seems like I've read that at some point earlier in the year. I'm sorry, but losing Wayne, as bad as it is, shouldn't make THIS much difference. Hamilton is squandering Luck's talent imho.

Indy wants to be a smashmouth team......the personnel doesnt fit. Trich has played poorly, their o line sucks. Need to adapt to their personnel, not the other way around.

Wayne and Allen were big losses. Coaching and OL are suspect.

Luck has papered over a lot of the cracks in this team. Said it in the T-Rich thread and took some heat for it, but this is not a very good team right now. They're a wounded buffalo and while their record will most likely get them into the playoffs, they will be dispatched quickly barring a miracle.

Need to make some big changes in the offseason.

P.S. Benched him for Roeth this week in a must-win game. Have zero faith in his immediate FF prospects right now. Long term, should be fine.

who do you like better going forward? tannehill, palmer, or luck?
I think in this case you have to go QBBC.

I plan on starting Luck Week 15. He is against Houston which is not a bad matchup, but not great. Compared to my other options (Dalton and Big Ben), Luck is the best option unfortunately. However I will see if anything changes with in the next 13 days before making that decision.

In terms of Tennehill, Palmer, or Luck from here on out... Again QBBC

14- I won't even offer advice since those are 3 bad matchups

15- Luck because I think Houston gives up a lot

16- Tannehill, but KC has looked beatable lately and if you make it to 16 do you really put your hopes on Tannehill vs the guy that got you where you are?

Really tough call.
thanks for the feedback.

luckily, I have a bye in week 14. I agree the hou matchup looks good for luck. i will probably just continue to roll with him and cross my fingers but this is def not pretty. maybe now that the rb situation is a bit more settled that will help the offense but i doubt it. until the last drive today the offense did very little.... i have thought seriously about carson palmer vs sea in week 16. if their secondary is beatable now and palmer has the weapons...gonna watch him close

All I know is that I'm at least glad I own him in a league that de-emphasizes QB play (35 yds/pt, 4 pts/TD, -2.5 INT). As a result, I don't need big outputs from my QB in order to win. Because there's no way he'd be carrying me to a title in a standard league.

Avery gone

Wayne done

Allen done

DHB - terrible signing

Brazil,/Da'Rick - not even close to ready to contribute

Ballard - done

TRich - terrible move

Pep Hamilton - meh

all adds up to some bad Luck for his owners

Trent WILL bounce back next year! I cant wait to see him pissed heading into the offseason, coming into 2014 HUNGRY to succeed. That mid season trade was SO unexpected (coming from a Clevelander) But last year, his highlight reel was VERY impressive, knowing the line he was running behind. Hopefully an offseason is what it takes to give him what he needs to get in sync with the Indy offense

Gotten to the point now I'm considering dropping him. Hate the remaining matchups. The whole offense is a mess. They did make one improvement this week -- starting Donald Brown and making Trent the short yardage guy.

I don't even think Luck's a good QBBC guy with those matchups (and the condition of that offense). Team is going to get absolutely smashed their first game of the playoffs IMO.

It's not just Pep Hamilton. Luck is getting pressured a lot and he's being a little careless with the ball in regards to INTs and fumbles. I realize he's trying to make plays, but ball security needs to be key for him as the margin of error is much smaller with the loss of weapons on O

Some guy in my league dropped rivers for mccown. Not sure what he's thinking but I am trying hard to pick him up. 12 out of 12 on the ww order though

So Luck was supposedly the best prospect since manning or something like that. Do fans think that he's going to live up to that or should expectations start to come down?

So Luck was supposedly the best prospect since manning or something like that. Do fans think that he's going to live up to that or should expectations start to come down?
He's the real deal. He needs a bit more time, which apparently is no longer given in QB development, and additional skill position players. It's not the most wide open offensive scheme either, but I'd imagine that Luck would be elite provided with the right tools. I don't play dynasty but it would require a haul to pry him from me in the event I did.

Andy Dufresne said:
donkshow said:
I could see Luck being an elite NFL QB, but not the greatest fantasy QB by comparison.
He's starting to get a Troy Aikman vibe about him.
I can see that. Of course that O-line blows the big one so he has no time compared to last year.

Users who are viewing this thread