What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lynch banged up...who's the cuff to own? (1 Viewer)

eaglesfan7

Footballguy
I've read that Turbin is the 3rd down back for blocking and receiving and Christine Michael the true back up to Lynch but I only saw Turbin on the field in Monday's game.

Homers weigh in????

Many people have speculated on this in other threads and there are mixed opinions. I don't think anyone knows for sure until there is a game with Lynch out. Could be a timeshare initially.

Michael is weak in pass protection. I think his chances for any sort of workload are very low until he irons that out given how offensive the line has been.

Man I was getting worried there for a minute. Turbin is just a stop gap RB that doesn't seem special. I'm not sure what's keeping Michael from the #2 RB spot officially (pass protection maybe) because every time he touches the ball I get butterflies in my stomach.

Man I was getting worried there for a minute. Turbin is just a stop gap RB that doesn't seem special. I'm not sure what's keeping Michael from the #2 RB spot officially (pass protection maybe) because every time he touches the ball I get butterflies in my stomach.
Lots of things. They dont even let him play.

Turbin is the one who comes in for drives to spell Lynch.

Michael only touched the ball in one game.

It's Turbin without question. If Michael was truly an option they would be giving him at least some live game reps.

Michael is the guy to own.
I am the official voice of the Seattle Seahawks on the FBG's forums. If you have a question, just ask.....I repsond pro bono.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey - Why does your QB suck so much? How are you ever going to win a SB with 100 + yards of offense? You know Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Colin Kapernick etc will carve up your D in the playoffs like RG3 and Matt Ryan did last year.

Lots of things. They dont even let him play.
9 touches on they year, all of them in the week 3 Jax blowout. I drafted him as a Mr Irrelevant, but cut him when it seemed for whatever reason he wasn't sniffing the field. That said, the Seahawks next three games (TB, Atl & Vikes) seem to be have blowout potential for some garbage time looks. But as far as a handcuff, it seems hard to believe Seattle would pin the rose on a kid that has seen almost no game time. Maybe he moves into Turbin's 3rd down role, at least initially?

Dynasty owners are going nuts waiting on Michael to get his chance. Their opinions are severely tainted.

Will he get some touches if Lynch were to be injured? Sure, I think so, but Turbin will be getting the first shot guaranteed. Unless he's a complete and absolute failure (which I think is nearly unfathomable) Turbin will be getting the majority of touches for as long as Lynch might be out.

Michael is the RB of the future, but I doubt he is the starter if Lynch goes down. At least not initially. If Lynch went down tomorrow, maybe Michael would get 20 carries in one of the last couple games, but I see Turbin being the guy this year.

any reports yet if Lynch is practicing today? From what I read, Lynch does often take Wed off but in past it's been noted as "day of rest". This time the knee was mentioned instead. Too early to panic, but something to at least monitor.

any reports yet if Lynch is practicing today? From what I read, Lynch does often take Wed off but in past it's been noted as "day of rest". This time the knee was mentioned instead. Too early to panic, but something to at least monitor.
The most consistently updated information will usually be posted here.

Weren't people all over Turbin's tip just last year? Has the shine really fallen off already?

Michael is the RB of the future, but I doubt he is the starter if Lynch goes down. At least not initially. If Lynch went down tomorrow, maybe Michael would get 20 carries in one of the last couple games, but I see Turbin being the guy this year.
Agree, and I'm an excited Michael owner. I just don't see him going from not active/no role to being the man when they have an every week backup they're fine with.

Playing on Sunday:

A league source tells Profootballtalk that Marshawn Lynch (knee) is in no danger of missing Week 9.
This was our expectation all along. Lynch routinely pops up on the injury report with ailments that don't hold him out of game action. He's a top-five option against Greg Schiano's disintegrating Bucs defense.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Oct 31 - 4:23 PM

Seems to be a lot of excitement over the guy in that thread. You even said you think the Hawks wouldn't miss a beat if Marshawn went down.
I have faith in most NFL backup players, especially running backs. I'm not delusional thinking that starters are that much better than backup players. Every guy on an every NFL roster is so many standard deviations above the mean in athleticism its beyond silly. So yeah, I think don't think Seattle will miss a beat if Lynch were to go down with injury. Further, I explained myself in detail in that thread. I gave credit to the Seattle offensive line and Tom Cable more than either player.

That said, Otis was the one that was all in on Turbin being all that. He went overboard with his schtick that only Otis can sling. He tends to be a bit over the top. It only got worse when he saw the picture of Turbin from the combine where he was flashing his freaky biceps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael is the guy to own.
I am the official voice of the Seattle Seahawks on the FBG's forums. If you have a question, just ask.....I repsond pro bono.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey - Why does your QB suck so much? How are you ever going to win a SB with 100 + yards of offense? You know Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Colin Kapernick etc will carve up your D in the playoffs like RG3 and Matt Ryan did last year.
Last time brees, rodgers and kaep played seattle they all lost bad.

Rotoworld:

A league source tells Profootballtalk that Marshawn Lynch (knee) is in no danger of missing Week 9.
This was our expectation all along. Lynch routinely pops up on the injury report with ailments that don't hold him out of game action. He's a top-five option against Greg Schiano's disintegrating Bucs defense.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

tsarc888 said:
Missed practice again today. Tomorrow will be important in telling if this anything or not.
It must have been fatiguing getting all those fake hand-offs on Monday night...

Hooper31 said:
Chaka said:
Seems to be a lot of excitement over the guy in that thread. You even said you think the Hawks wouldn't miss a beat if Marshawn went down.
I have faith in most NFL backup players, especially running backs. I'm not delusional thinking that starters are that much better than backup players. Every guy on an every NFL roster is so many standard deviations above the mean in athleticism its beyond silly. So yeah, I think don't think Seattle will miss a beat if Lynch were to go down with injury. Further, I explained myself in detail in that thread. I gave credit to the Seattle offensive line and Tom Cable more than either player.

That said, Otis was the one that was all in on Turbin being all that. He went overboard with his schtick that only Otis can sling. He tends to be a bit over the top. It only got worse when he saw the picture of Turbin from the combine where he was flashing his freaky biceps.
Come on, admit those biceps are dreamy.

The guy is a terror. I'd love to see what he can do with a full plate of work and some confidence.

Hooper31 said:
Chaka said:

Come on, admit those biceps are dreamy.

The guy is a terror. I'd love to see what he can do with a full plate of work and some confidence.
:goodposting:

Everyone wet their panties when Michael carved up preaseason squads, and while I admit his ceiling is high people forget Seattle spent an early 4th on Turbin who has responded with 4.3 yds/carry and almost 10 yds/reception. No way Seattle hands over the reigns to a rookie who only saw time this year against the worst football team in the last 100 years while they have Super Bowl dreams. Michael has a big future with this team, but Turbin ain't no slouch. Calling him a bum is ignorant.

I am placing my chip on Turbin. I just think they go with experience here. How many games has Michael been a scratch this season?

I am placing my chip on Turbin. I just think they go with experience here. How many games has Michael been a scratch this season?
I know Micheal is a rookie without the experience of Moreno but it could be similar to Denver last year when they had McGahee the lead back and Hillman the COP back with Moreno inactive on game days. When Mcgahee went down everyone assumed that Hillman would take over the lead but Denver used Moreno as the lead back and kept Hillman in his same role

Maybe but I think Moreno's experience was what won him the role. I just don't see them handing the keys to a Super Bowl favorite to a rookie. Although with Michael's skill if he can just get his foot in the door he might just kick it open.

Why does everyone think Michael is so much more skilled than Turbin? Do we really put that much stock in preseason performance?

You know Turbin was playing in those preseason games too.......oh that's right nobody noticed.

While you guys are saying that Carroll won't use Michael because he isn't experienced, remember Carroll started 3rd round rookie at the most important position on the field last year.

Users who are viewing this thread