What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Madden 25 and Sunday Ticket...smokin' good deal? (1 Viewer)

I can confirm that you can stream this full screen to your TV using apple TV. Picture looks great. Also has the option of showing 4 different games at a time on the same screen. This is going to be awesome!!

anyone know where I can buy this? It seems I missed the boat and amazon is sold out of both ps3 and xbox.

anyone know where I can buy this? It seems I missed the boat and amazon is sold out of both ps3 and xbox.
I think it's amazon only, I believe they got an allocation of 50000. Who knows maybe they will release more but who knows

This deal worked out for everybody.

Since i already get the Sunday Ticket for free, I didn't need the package. Those who bought for only The Ticket, flooded the market with the game.

Bought my copy of Madden from Craigslist for $35 :thumbup:

Since i already get the Sunday Ticket for free, I didn't need the package. Those who bought for only The Ticket, flooded the market with the game.

That's kind of dumb when they can sell the game to best buy for $46, no hassle

That's kind of dumb when they can sell the game to best buy for $46, no hassle
Dumb? Not like Best Buy is advertising the offer on TV. I see it for sale all over eBay at $40-45.

PinkydaPimp said:
I can confirm that you can stream this full screen to your TV using apple TV. Picture looks great. Also has the option of showing 4 different games at a time on the same screen. This is going to be awesome!!
Just bought a Mini-Display to HDMI cord for the MacBook. Hope this works well. I'm not sure about blowing up the picture, though, as the free game on NFL Rewind looked a bit choppy at best. I've got an integrated grahpics card and a Radeon in the thing, so it should be good to go, too.

Whats the deal with multiple users logging into the same account? Is this something that would work?

Whats the deal with multiple users logging into the same account? Is this something that would work?
I couldn't log in with both my ipad and iPhone at the same time last week. I had to log out of iPad before I could log into the iPhone. So, prob won't work.

I couldn't log in with both my ipad and iPhone at the same time last week. I had to log out of iPad before I could log into the iPhone. So, prob won't work.
no. but it does let you display like 4 diff games on the same screen. So that works. If you had multiple monitors i would imagine you could have different games on different screens using the same login.

Yeah...hoping to be able to display one on the laptop and one on the 22" monitor if I wanted to.

Other questions I would have...ability to pause the action? "record" to watch later?

no. but it does let you display like 4 diff games on the same screen. So that works. If you had multiple monitors i would imagine you could have different games on different screens using the same login.
I don't think it will work that way across different screens. Basically you get one window of Sunday Ticket, inside that window you can have up to 4 games. If you try to open a second window the first window freezes.

The UI is very similar to NHL's streaming I had a couple months ago. Whenever I tried to open a second stream, regardless of computer or app, it would shut off the first stream.

Also, I'm not sure how well wifi alone will be able to handle 4 games on one screen. Especially output to a 1080 tv. There is a lot data being pushed via wifi. With NHL, I had to use my PC connected via ethernet to get all 4 games at decent quality.

I don't think it will work that way across different screens. Basically you get one window of Sunday Ticket, inside that window you can have up to 4 games. If you try to open a second window the first window freezes.

The UI is very similar to NHL's streaming I had a couple months ago. Whenever I tried to open a second stream, regardless of computer or app, it would shut off the first stream.

Also, I'm not sure how well wifi alone will be able to handle 4 games on one screen. Especially output to a 1080 tv. There is a lot data being pushed via wifi. With NHL, I had to use my PC connected via ethernet to get all 4 games at decent quality.
ahh ok. That sucks. I will test this out tomorrow. I would suspect that someone will figure out a workaround to this at some point.

ahh ok. That sucks. I will test this out tomorrow. I would suspect that someone will figure out a workaround to this at some point.
I'm not sure if there would be a way to work around it. If the NHL invested the resources to prohibit multiple games on different devices, I can only imagine NFL/Directv went much further.

Hopefully someone has a solution.

how did you all sign in? I have the username and password to sign in but it just says invalid email. Where did you sign in?

PinkydaPimp said:
Were you using the PC app when showing 4 different games? I can't for the life of me figure out how to open up the PC app. I can login using my credentials and it says I have Sunday ticket, but nowhere do I see a link to open the actual PC streaming app. Maybe it will only go live tomorrow. The ipad and iphone app works great, I saw no option to show 4 games at once. Additionally, it looks like airplay mirroring from an iPhone or ipad to an appletv will be allowed this year. All around great news,lets just hope the DTV servers don't get brutalized tomorrow with all the streaming going, thus creating crappy quality streams.

Last edited by a moderator:
One

PinkydaPimp said:
Were you using the PC app when showing 4 different games? I can't for the life of me figure out how to open up the PC app. I can login using my credentials and it says I have Sunday ticket, but nowhere do I see a link to open the actual PC streaming app. Maybe it will only go live tomorrow.

The ipad and iphone app works great, I saw no option to show 4 games at once. Additionally, it looks like airplay mirroring from an iPhone or ipad to an appletv will be allowed this year. All around great news,lets just hope the DTV servers don't get brutalized tomorrow with all the streaming going, thus creating crappy quality streams.
You can watch 4 games on the PC but I see no way of watching them full screen. Instead it shows them in a box that's less than 1/4 of the screen. Pretty worthless IMO.

Just quick recap:

1. Goto: http://www.directv.com/sports/EA-madden

2. Click on "Start Watching" towards the bottom of the screen may need to just scroll down a touch

3. Put your Login Credentials in EXACTLY like it shows on the Madden Slip (obey Caps and Lower-Case)

4. Once you click "Start Watching" to login it will load up the game list of the left and will start play red-zone

5. When game time rolls around click on the game you want to watch and enjoy

As a note it does look like you will get access to the 4 game multi-view and fantasy hub as well.

The Xbox has a web browser, doesn't it?

I know there is no Xbox app for this but wondered if it could work this way.

ANother tip, i noticed i couldn't quite get it to full screen with Chrome, but safari allowed it. As someone pointed out however, you cant full screen the 4 screen view. However, those of you with Mac computers can use the accessibility zoom option to zoom the desktop and make it effectively full screen. :cool:

The Xbox has a web browser, doesn't it?

I know there is no Xbox app for this but wondered if it could work this way.
Not sure if Xbox is the same or not. But I just tried to log in on the PS3. I can get to the log in page, I can enter the email and password in the boxes. But when I try to move the cursor to the "Login" box, it skips over it. As I move the cursor up and down, it jumps from Username to Password to Forgot Password to Sign up for DirecTV. I haven't found a way to get the PS3 browser to accept the log in.

ANother tip, i noticed i couldn't quite get it to full screen with Chrome, but safari allowed it. As someone pointed out however, you cant full screen the 4 screen view. However, those of you with Mac computers can use the accessibility zoom option to zoom the desktop and make it effectively full screen. :cool:
Good tip, I was just about to post the same thing. I wasn't logging into the EA website part of the DTV site, that was my problem. Thanks for clearing that up. I really hope the steam quality a are decent, too bad the ipad app can't do 4 games at once.

Will this work with Google Chromecast -- by casting Chrome tabs? Or are the games shown in some other type of "player" or window?

KCitons said:
Whoa, this never occurred to me. I stream all my sports, and while depending on the sport/game, Im not always worried about HD but for MLB.tv at least I do and it seems like it would get fuzzy more often than it should. Watching Pirates vs Cardinals now as well as UGA vs USC and hooking my laptop up to the ethernet makes a huge difference :thumbup:

KCitons said:
Whoa, this never occurred to me. I stream all my sports, and while depending on the sport/game, Im not always worried about HD but for MLB.tv at least I do and it seems like it would get fuzzy more often than it should. Watching Pirates vs Cardinals now as well as UGA vs USC and hooking my laptop up to the ethernet makes a huge difference :thumbup:
Yep, and if you have kids that want to use the internet at the same time, it can slow things down. Already told my boys they may have to take a break from the Xbox during Sunday afternoons.

Already down for me. Saying that DirecTV will be back shortly and that "We’re making improvements to maximize your online experience."

Can anyone help me get this working? I have a Mac and Apple TV. On DirecTV site and it's down but when it was up earlier, all I saw was adds to purchase the Ticket. I'm logged in with my Madden 25 username and p/w but I couldn't find where to watch the games.

Can anyone help me get this working? I have a Mac and Apple TV. On DirecTV site and it's down but when it was up earlier, all I saw was adds to purchase the Ticket. I'm logged in with my Madden 25 username and p/w but I couldn't find where to watch the games.
I had to call them to get a work around. It'll take a bit of a wait, but I'd do it.

Go to this page and login.

I was just able to log in.

I got it working and can stream to my TV using Apple tv, but the volume is not coming through on my TV. Have to listen to volume through computer. Anyone else having this issue?

Totally a bust - It only worked for a while and then the servers overloaded and it no longer is functional. Maybe next week.

It was working well... the crashed... now it says Directv.com will be back shortly... wtf...

I would give today's experience a D+ grade. While I was never logged out. I did have a lot of problems with the stream freezing. It also appears that you can only have a single game opened in full screen. Whenever I went to picture in picture or game mix, the screen size dropped to a barely acceptable size for viewing.

As I said, I purchased NHL Center Ice last season and was able to have 4 games running on full screen mode.

I did have my "other" service opened on a different computer and watched the Bears game with only one glitch the entire game. I would prefer to pay for the Sunday Ticket streaming. But, if this is the best we can expect I wouldn't pay more than $5 for Bears games or $75 for the entire package.

If an individual can find a more effective way to stream games, I can only conclude that Directv's problems are on purpose.

I would give today's experience a D+ grade. While I was never logged out. I did have a lot of problems with the stream freezing. It also appears that you can only have a single game opened in full screen. Whenever I went to picture in picture or game mix, the screen size dropped to a barely acceptable size for viewing.

As I said, I purchased NHL Center Ice last season and was able to have 4 games running on full screen mode.

I did have my "other" service opened on a different computer and watched the Bears game with only one glitch the entire game. I would prefer to pay for the Sunday Ticket streaming. But, if this is the best we can expect I wouldn't pay more than $5 for Bears games or $75 for the entire package.

If an individual can find a more effective way to stream games, I can only conclude that Directv's problems are on purpose.
i suspect they were overloaded. I can only imagine they will increase bandwidth in coming weeks otherwise who would pay for the product!

Users who are viewing this thread