What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mahomes Ankle: Real or Fakery? (1 Viewer)

How did Mahomes make Güd miraculous recovery?

• Adrenaline

• They shot him up with Toradol

• He faked the injury so PHI wouldn’t be ready for a QB keeper

• Other (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I was 18 I severed my left index finger in a work accident
AAAAAAAAAAAHGH!

Exactly how my siblings reacted. "Take him to the hospital....and whatever you do, don't look at it!!"

BTW newly exposed bone is super white lol.
Yep. I took a cut to the palm bone deep. Have a nice 1.5” j-shaped scar. Fun fact: inside of the palm looks like the inside of a fig. Much “juicier” tho. 🤢
Hm, never thought I'd like figs, but if they're anything like human hands, worth a try! 😋😋

hey LMK if you want my FYC copy of Bones and All

didn't get around to watching it
Had to look that up. Sounds like just a normal day, boring.

Really liked the guy his first few years in the league, but not so much now. Maybe overexposure, but there just seems something scripted about him now when he talks. Plus his wife is a total attention whore, so that's really annoying as well. Really good at football though.

Hopefully he wasn't faking, but seemed a little overacting to create the Willis Reed moment.
I honestly had no idea he was even married.

If you follow the NFL so closely that players wives are on your radar, you may need to take a step back.

Really liked the guy his first few years in the league, but not so much now. Maybe overexposure, but there just seems something scripted about him now when he talks. Plus his wife is a total attention whore, so that's really annoying as well. Really good at football though.

Hopefully he wasn't faking, but seemed a little overacting to create the Willis Reed moment.

If you follow the NFL so closely that players wives are on your radar, you may need to take a step back.
this Super Bowl I learned that his wife isn’t well liked.

I still have no idea why. There were quite a number of posts/tweets/etc

I tried to pay as little attention to it as possible.

Now you're just lying

I do zero social media. ZERO. And you still see her 5-head all over football websites and search engines trying to make herself relevant based on who her husband is. Really annoying
Hand to God! I had zero clue he was married.

I know a handful of player wives: Bundchen (thank God he's retired & divorced), I think Ertz's wife is an Olympian and... so was Nick Mangold's sister... didn't Russell Wilson's wife or sister (sister-wife?) have something to do with magic water?

That is the sum total of my knowledge of players wives.
Kudos to you sir. I wish I had the same ability to unsee the massive amount of snapshots and blurbs on her :huh:

Kudos to you sir. I wish I had the same ability to look past the massive amount of snapshots and blurbs on her :huh:
I legit had never seen her before either. I didn’t even know he was married.

Honestly.
Maybe because I use Yahoo for their financial page (which is actually pretty good for checking market movement quickly) and she is plastered all over the main page when I log on

Paul Pierce was the exact thing I thought of. And soccer players.
Paul Pierce looked like he got shot and was taken out in a wheelchair.
Mahomes never even let anyone help him, he ran off limping.
Pierce came back and didn't even look bothered.
Mahomes looked clearly bothered in every play, including that run towards the end.

Soccer player also act like they got shot to take a rest, then are totally fine.

What were the similarities?

this Super Bowl I learned that his wife isn’t well liked.

I still have no idea why. There were quite a number of posts/tweets/etc

I tried to pay as little attention to it as possible.

Now you're just lying

I do zero social media. ZERO. And you still see her 5-head all over football websites and search engines trying to make herself relevant based on who her husband is. Really annoying
Hand to God! I had zero clue he was married.

I know a handful of player wives: Bundchen (thank God he's retired & divorced), I think Ertz's wife is an Olympian and... so was Nick Mangold's sister... didn't Russell Wilson's wife or sister (sister-wife?) have something to do with magic water?

That is the sum total of my knowledge of players wives.
Kudos to you sir. I wish I had the same ability to unsee the massive amount of snapshots and blurbs on her :huh:

I guess the question is what are you looking for where she enters the conversation? Fantasy info? Plenty of sources out there never go into that stuff.

Kudos to you sir. I wish I had the same ability to look past the massive amount of snapshots and blurbs on her :huh:
I legit had never seen her before either. I didn’t even know he was married.

Honestly.
Maybe because I use Yahoo for their financial page (which is actually pretty good for checking market movement quickly) and she is plastered all over the main page when I log on

I just go straight to finance.yahoo.com. Or market watch is decent too.

Mahomes looked clearly bothered in every play, including that run towards the end.

Soccer player also act like they got shot to take a rest, then are totally fine.

I'm not saying he's not tough but the level of play he demonstrated after the injury suggest that his initial reaction was an over-reaction.

PP probably thought his knee was f'd but in reality he'd just tweaked it and it was fine. An offensive player came down on top of him as he was defending the rim. I'm guessing he thought it was pretty injured and tried not to aggravate it. Lying on the floor in pain and thinking about not being able to contribute in the finals. Or he pooped his pants. Either way.

Mahomes is badass and any other fanbase would be lucky to have him as their QB.

I'm not saying he's not tough but the level of play he demonstrated after the injury suggest that his initial reaction was an over-reaction.

PP probably thought his knee was f'd but in reality he'd just tweaked it and it was fine. An offensive player came down on top of him as he was defending the rim. I'm guessing he thought it was pretty injured and tried not to aggravate it. Lying on the floor in pain and thinking about not being able to contribute in the finals. Or he pooped his pants. Either way.

Mahomes is badass and any other fanbase would be lucky to have him as their QB.
Have you ever had a bad ankle sprain and then tweaked it with a 250 pound guy landing on you?
Me either, but I have had sprains that I tweaked that caused debilitating pain for like a minute, then I was "fine" to do what I was doing.

Definitely not faking btw. I think it is borderline outrageous to even suggest it.

HAS is a 6-8 week injury and the tackle in the SB may not have been egregious but dude was hurting coming into the game for sure and that didn't make it better. I am sure he took a pain killer and just gutted it out. It was a great performance.

He tweaked his injured ankle. Anyone who plays sports has done it. You walk on it, see if it's a real reinjury or if it just hurts. If it just hurts you go back in.

Probably part painkillers, part playing it up for the cameras (like 23's flu game).
The guy is a drama Queen. He had nothing to lose playing it up. If he lost the blame would be on the ankle. If he won the narrative would him overcoming a serious injury in the biggest stage.

Probably part painkillers, part playing it up for the cameras (like 23's flu game).
The guy is a drama Queen. He had nothing to lose playing it up. If he lost the blame would be on the ankle. If he won the narrative would him overcoming a serious injury in the biggest stage.
I'm not a chiefs fan, or even a Mahomes fan, and this is just silly

Being incapable of diving into the human psyche isn’t unique

Being incapable of diving into the human psyche isn’t unique
:porked:

I half suspect fakery, but not for any kind of Curt Schilling bloody sock moment - more because it would be smart football to play it up & get PHI off guard.

I guarantee the last thing they expected in the 2nd half was we a long Mahomes run.
My son brought up the Curt Schilling moment on Sunday when he thought Mahomes was faking. He was just starting to follow baseball then and he thought it was so cool at the time.

The Paul Pierce wheelchair moment was classic in it's patheticness as well.
So what's the deal with the Curt Schilling bloody sock thing? That was right around the time I started following baseball, so I don't remember ever being aware of it, though I remember that comeback ALCS. Searching 'curt schilling bloody sock' comes up with articles and videos about the unusual procedure they performed to get him into playing condition, but I can't find much about faking.
Oh he was legit bleeding.

He was not in jeopardy of having his foot amputated. But that’s how Fox played it up during the WS, with frequent camera shots of his bloody sock while pitching.

He turned out to be a total POS, running his game company into the ground and defaulting on millions in loans from (Delaware, I think?) while simultaneously going on conservative media lecturing people about personal responsibility.

But yeah- he milked that sock schtick for all it was worth. He was bleeding. He was not bleeding to death.
Rhode Island.

Eff that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread