What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Make a Wish turns 5 year old into Batkid. (1 Viewer)

:thumbup:

Every once in awhile, the needle on my faith in humanity shoots upwards when I read stories like this.

Just awesome deed of kindness by all parties involved.

Very cool. What a great thing for the city to get involved with and make happen. Sometimes humans don't suck.

The circus center donated one day of superhero training. Going to head down to City Hall later today to cheer for the batkid. Love this story.

I wonder if he has to sit in a carseat in the batmobile. that would kind of suck

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the stream, they closed some MAJOR streets for this. This is usually something only done in SF if the President is in town. Pretty awesome.

So wait, the Riddler and Penguin are just going to let this kid catch them? There is no way they would agree to something like this.

I went to make a donation at wish.org and I couldn't get to the site. I assume that's a sign that they've been inundated by other people who had the same response.

This whole thing is really amazing. SF has outdone itself. Despite major streets being closed, I have yet to hear anyone complain about it. Brings tears to my eyes watching this kid run around the city.

This whole thing is really amazing. SF has outdone itself. Despite major streets being closed, I have yet to hear anyone complain about it. Brings tears to my eyes watching this kid run around the city.
Mid-day, it's not so bad. There are marches and parades down Market St. all the time.

Usually when streets get shut down around here it's because of some ######ed hippy occupy protest.

On the list of acceptable reasons to close down some streets, this has to be at the top.

The Make-a-Wish site is still down because of the traffic but they put in some sort of pass-through so you can donate if you're so inclined

link

Not to bring down an otherwise awesome thread, but I'm bummed that my son never got to do his Make a Wish. It just didn't work out, but perhaps it freed up some resources to be used elsewhere. Make a Wish is such an amazing organization. I've met a number of their employees, and I imagine that it's one of the coolest jobs in the world. A friend and colleague is on the Board of our local organization, and each Board meeting they do a spotlight presentation on one of the wish grants. Never a dry eye in the room, he tells me.

Not to bring down an otherwise awesome thread, but I'm bummed that my son never got to do his Make a Wish. It just didn't work out, but perhaps it freed up some resources to be used elsewhere. Make a Wish is such an amazing organization. I've met a number of their employees, and I imagine that it's one of the coolest jobs in the world. A friend and colleague is on the Board of our local organization, and each Board meeting they do a spotlight presentation on one of the wish grants. Never a dry eye in the room, he tells me.
He had you as a dad. That's a pretty good score in itself...

I wish your son would have had his wish too BB.

They contacted me 10 years ago asking for a donation. I explained that all my donation dollars go to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, since my daughter had diabetes. The caller stated that my she would be eligible for a wish? I promptly declined, while my daughter has to deal with her diabetes daily, she is healthy and able to do anything she wants. Didn't feel right taking resources that would help others in worse situations.

SF once in a while does something right and awesome. It used to be called "The City that knows how". This is awesome on so many levels, and really an inspiration for everyone how people can come together for one cause and make it memorable for a family.

Makes me proud to be a once long time San Franciscan.

We are with you BB. Your family was one of the first things I thought of when I saw Batkid! It made it hit home that much more.

They do some really great and impactful deeds.

watching the stream and the kid just pump fisted in front of thousands in union square.

Donations are going to go through the roof after this.

The Internet was strong today.

Batkid had strong competition between toddler on Ice and the Google India Ad, but Batkid wins the Internet today

This was a nice story...last week.
:confused: it's happening today smart guy.
Don't worry. In about 3 days my wife will see that somebody posted this story on Facebook and say to me "Look at this! An entire city made a kid's dream of being Batman come true."

I then have 2 choices. I can tell her "Yeah, saw that on Friday and they were talking about doing it on Reddit at least a week ago". That means I'm an a sshole.

Or I can say "Oh wow...great story." Then I'll have to listen to her tell me about it.

Don't worry. In about 3 days my wife will see that somebody posted this story on Facebook and say to me "Look at this! An entire city made a kid's dream of being Batman come true."

I then have 2 choices. I can tell her "Yeah, saw that on Friday and they were talking about doing it on Reddit at least a week ago". That means I'm an a sshole.

Or I can say "Oh wow...great story." Then I'll have to listen to her tell me about it.
Or you could walk out the door wordlessly, and return a week later with no explanation. :shrug:

Or you could walk out the door wordlessly, and return a week later with no explanation. :shrug:
Not sure if this is a reference to Don Draper, Walter White, or MoP.

Users who are viewing this thread