What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marcus Vick Draft Predictions (1 Viewer)

M

MLBrandow

First off, can anyone see the Falcons drafting Marcus Vick as an insurance policy for his older brother? While Marcus certainly has a ways to go in terms of QB progression into the NFL, can't the same be said about Michael Vick? And the two certainly have a collectively unique skills set.

Actually I can't see him on any team other than the Falcons backing up his brother.... what other team in the NFL wants a QB like that? They would all have to build the team around him, and the only team I could see doing that is maybe New Orleans, and that would be cool I suppose with an Intra-Vick bi-seasonly battle.

But of course they'd be taking Leinart/Young with that first pick. I suppose there's always that outside chance they take AJ Hawk and go for a QB later..... but I doubt it.

Thoughts? What team would be willing to potentially build its team around this guy? If they don't, do you see him even having the opportunity to succeed at the NFL level?

Tampa/Atlanta/Oakland are the 3 that come to mind.

Would say Denver, but after Clarett last year, hopefully Shanny starts assessing character.

Edit to add: No one is going to "build a team" around Marcus Vick. Hes going to be a late day 2 pick, and get a shot at showing he can be a developmental guy. He really needed at least another year of school.

As far as his skill set requiring a unique offense, we have no reason to believe his lack of passing skill will be similar to his brothers. I would imagine hed be viewed any differently than a less talented, less experienced David Garrard was out of college.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm convinced Tampa Bay won't gamble on him. You think Simms is slow?

As for Oakland, I could see them using a late round pick on him. Atlanta in the 7th is a guarantee if he's there.

He'll be lucky to be drafted by the Falcons late on day 2. Most likely, he ends up a FA invite to the Falcon's camp and is immediately handed a WR number.

falcons in 6th or 7th seems to make sense to me.
That would be perfect, then they would have two guys who cant play QB and should be moved to WR.Hey...... what a great idea. Schaub at QB Vick/Vick at WR.......nice.....

Teams that dont mind character issues include Oakland, Baltimore, and Dallas. All three look like good situation for an underclass QB. Backing up his brother sounds like a first in the NFL but seems like a decent enough idea. I think he gets drafted. Al Davis will see to it if nobody else does.

Guys...the Falcons aren't going to take Vick simply because he's Mike's brother. Roster spots are invaluable in this league, and any NFL team is just as likely to view Vick as a developmental 3rd QB/practice squad gamble as the Falcons are.

As to Vick's chances, we have no idea how he's going to look in his workouts but he's talking a big game at this point [or rather his handlers are]. I would say if he has a moderately productive showing in his workouts he'll be a 5th or 6th rounder potentially.

I like the Falcons angle because having his bro around will help offset his character risk - but youre right that any team could be willing to take a chance on him.

Just seems like big brother would have some insight into how to control little brother.

He'll be lucky to be drafted at all. If for some stupid reason a team decides to, it'll be super late...

I like the Falcons angle because having his bro around will help offset his character risk - but youre right that any team could be willing to take a chance on him.

Just seems like big brother would have some insight into how to control little brother.
but, does he get drafted as a QB? I think this question is even more interesting if he is drafted by the Falcons. Would it be a brother throwing to a brother? Or, a brother as a backup to his brother?

Guys...the Falcons aren't going to take Vick simply because he's Mike's brother.
:lmao: seriously.I don't know who will take him. Assuming the Bucs let Griese go, they'll probably be looking for a QB in rd 5 or 6, but I'm not sure this kid is a fit.

I like that idea of Marcus Vick as a receiver....

You know, let's say he has pretty decent hands / route-running skills....

how high could you see Marcus Vick the Receiver?

Height: 6'0

Weight: 212

40-time: 4.28

Squat Max: 450 lbs

Bench Max: 300 lbs

Now, I'm no crazy fool, but.... poor man's Randel El?

If you think of him as a super-raw receiver that needs developing with huge potential and character issues, I'd say he's a solid 4th-5th round pick.

I like that idea of Marcus Vick as a receiver....

You know, let's say he has pretty decent hands / route-running skills....

how high could you see Marcus Vick the Receiver?

Height: 6'0

Weight: 212

40-time: 4.28

Squat Max: 450 lbs

Bench Max: 300 lbs

Now, I'm no crazy fool, but.... poor man's Randel El?

If you think of him as a super-raw receiver that needs developing with huge potential and character issues, I'd say he's a solid 4th-5th round pick.
You scare me sometimes ML. As a QB, hes a 7th rounder. As a WR, hes a fry cook.

I did not see Marcus Vick play much, but I have not heard that he runs anything like Michael does. Did I miss something here?

Without Michael's exceptional running abilities, he is just another mobile qb who is a developmental project. They are usually mid to late round draft picks. On top of that, his character issues will drop him further.

Latest he'll fall is the 4th round. Much better touch and accuracy than Mike at this point in their careers, and will instantly be the 3rd best running QB in the NFL the day he's drafted.

His measurables will be very, very impressive. This is first round talent folks - someone will take a chance.

Latest he'll fall is the 4th round. Much better touch and accuracy than Mike at this point in their careers, and will instantly be the 3rd best running QB in the NFL the day he's drafted.

His measurables will be very, very impressive. This is first round talent folks - someone will take a chance.
No kidding, does anyone watch this guy play football or just instantly consider him bad because he has character issues.He is a much better QB than his older brother. And he has all the same measurables and athletic ability.

Shoot, Atlanta should draft him and make Mike Vick the WR

what other team in the NFL wants a QB like that?
Cowher would find a way to use himIt wouldn't surprise me if Martz or Shanny thought they could make him into a good QB.

Latest he'll fall is the 4th round.  Much better touch and accuracy than Mike at this point in their careers, and will instantly be the 3rd best running QB in the NFL the day he's drafted.

His measurables will be very, very impressive.  This is first round talent folks - someone will take a chance.
No kidding, does anyone watch this guy play football or just instantly consider him bad because he has character issues.

He is a much better QB than his older brother. And he has all the same measurables and athletic ability.

These kind of statements amaze me. Character should be the #1 thing a team looks for, even before ability. Having a team of great headcases doesnt do anything for you.

I think the last 5 SB champs might agree.

Guys...the Falcons aren't going to take Vick simply because he's Mike's brother.
Funny, they gave away a first round pick because Mike wanted Peerless Price. They brought in Steve Young because he was Michael's idol. This team has commited everything they can afford to make Mr Vick happy and make the fans love him. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see them burn a second day pick for a talented backup QB who could bring more to the Vick media showcase in Atlanta. If Matt Shaub goes halfway out the door, Marcus could already be halfway inside.Yes, other teams will look at Marcus. A lot of teams wanted Eli Manning. If he wasnt Peyton's brother would the Giants have traded all that to get him though? No, they wouldnt have had to. If Atlanta selects Marcus Vick in the draft, its because he's Michael's brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus Vick will not get drafted.

IF a team signs him as an undrafted FA, he will be one of the 1st cuts.

CFL? Maybe, bbut not even a sure thing there...

No kidding, does anyone watch this guy play football or just instantly consider him bad because he has character issues.He is a much better QB than his older brother. And he has all the same measurables and athletic ability.

These kind of statements amaze me.

Character should be the #1 thing a team looks for, even before ability. Having a team of great headcases doesnt do anything for you.

I think the last 5 SB champs might agree.
I agree that character is too often overlooked, but you've fallen off the deep end if you think character should be #1. It's certainly a factor, but talent wins football games in the NFL.

Funny, they gave away a first round pick because Mike wanted Peerless Price. They brought in Steve Young because he was Michael's idol. This team has commited everything they can afford to make Mr Vick happy and make the fans love him. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see them burn a second day pick for a talented backup QB who could bring more to the Vick media showcase in Atlanta. If Matt Shaub goes halfway out the door, Marcus could already be halfway inside.Yes, other teams will look at Marcus. A lot of teams wanted Eli Manning. If he wasnt Peyton's brother would the Giants have traded all that to get him though? No, they wouldnt have had to. If Atlanta selects Marcus Vick in the draft, its because he's Michael's brother.
It's also because his measurables will be 2nd to Vince Young amongst prospects in the draft.I'm not a Marcus Vick fan, but some of you are crazy if you think Vick's incidents this season will cause his draft stock to fall from mid-to-late 1st rounder to completely out of the draft.

I agree with all but the bolded parts above.Don't let the name fool you. He has above average running skills for a QB, but he is nowhere near the runner Mike is. I would say Mike, Donovan, Brooks and Plummer are at least as good, if not better, running QBs.

I agree with all but the bolded parts above.Don't let the name fool you. He has above average running skills for a QB, but he is nowhere near the runner Mike is. I would say Mike, Donovan, Brooks and Plummer are at least as good, if not better, running QBs.
:eek:

I agree with all but the bolded parts above.

Don't let the name fool you. He has above average running skills for a QB, but he is nowhere near the runner Mike is. I would say Mike, Donovan, Brooks and Plummer are at least as good, if not better, running QBs.
:eek:
You don't think they're above average runners? :)

They would all have to build the team around him, and the only team I could see doing that is maybe New Orleans, and that would be cool I suppose with an Intra-Vick bi-seasonly battle.

But of course they'd be taking Leinart/Young with that first pick. I suppose there's always that outside chance they take AJ Hawk and go for a QB later..... but I doubt it.

Thoughts? What team would be willing to potentially build its team around this guy? If they don't, do you see him even having the opportunity to succeed at the NFL level?
New Orleans already has their "Vick-like" QB in McPherson (and yes, they are comparable) and he may be on his way to the NFLE. Why would they want another one with even more issues? Personally, I hope no team drafts this idiot.

New Orleans already has their "Vick-like" QB in McPherson (and yes, they are comparable) and he may be on his way to the NFLE. Why would they want another one with even more issues? Personally, I hope no team drafts this idiot.
he MAY go to NFLE in 2007 not this year

Users who are viewing this thread