What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

marcus vick (1 Viewer)

T

trader jake

his off the field character issues are well documented, but so is his athletic ability...

will he be drafted? if not would you want your team to sign him as a street free-agent?

Last edited:
Doubtful.....

If you are Atlanta, why not take a late round flyer on this guy? Maybe a late 6th for him, 7th maybe? I have a feeling if he doesnt get drafted Atlanta will bring him in as a free agent......he may have some trade value in a year or so.....maybe not....

no, no team will draft him. you can't have this guy leading your team. just look at aaron brooks. he'll have to go in a humble guy and work hard like clarett.

I'm surprised he hasn't gone yet. He's a first round talent - far bigger upside than Clarett or some of the other character question marks in recent years.

I'm surprised he hasn't gone yet. He's a first round talent - far bigger upside than Clarett or some of the other character question marks in recent years.
:lmao: 1st round talent.... :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm surprised he hasn't gone yet.  He's a first round talent - far bigger upside than Clarett or some of the other character question marks in recent years.
:lmao: 1st round talent.... :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I would take a shot at him in the 6th or 7th ... he's 6'0 200lbs and runs a 4.5 40 maybe he could be converted to WR or RB and used as a spot qb (goal line and short yardage) . You read the bios on some of these guys getting drafted and it seems like they have no chance of making an impact in the NFL.

Why not take a chance on someone who at least has NFL size and speed?

Atlanta should bring him in for a couple of reasons:

1. Keeps your superstar QB happy,

2. Having Michael around him might be a good influence on keeping him in line, and most importantly (football-wise)

2. If you work him up as your backup QB (assuming Schaub is dealt at some point), *you don't have to change your playcalling that much* when Vick 2.0 comes into the game.

They say that that is the challenge with QBs like Vick and Young--you have to be willing to mould your offense to their talents, much moreso than other QBs. With Vick 2.0, his skill set is similar to Ron Mexico's (2.0 may be a better thrower/not as dynamic on the ground).

Low risk/high reward/good fit.

interesting points so far...

it does seem like some team will draft him in the 7th. oakland (of course) makes sense

atlanta shouldn't be one of the teams to consider it imo. he'll be more of a distraction there than anything and if he makes the team people will say it's because of his brother. i certainly wouldn't want my franchise QB to have any distractions because of a 7th round pick

i'll guess arizona at 218 overall

Vick is a whiny little #####.

First, in the ESPN interview, he gets compared to Clarett and acts as though he has a better character--he seems almost surprised by the comparison. Nope, Marcus, Clarett and you are of the same breed.

He then goes on to say he must have broke too many mirrors as a child, implying that where he's at is a result of bad luck. Or, maybe, Marcus, you smoked too much dope, ####ed too many underage girls, and had absolutely no regard for the law or your teammates. Maybe that's it. ####### moron.

Why not take a chance on someone who at least has NFL size and speed?
Even excluding off-the-field issues, there are still a lot of QB's out there who are better than Vick on-the-field... Gradkowski, Pinegar, Smith, and Hackney.No way would I draft Vick.

to answer the second part of the question...i wouldn't want my team to sign him as a street free agent if he's not selected in the draft

thankfully, the packers selected a second day quarterback so it's a non-issue anyway

Atlanta should bring him in for a couple of reasons:

1. Keeps your superstar QB happy,

2. Having Michael around him might be a good influence on keeping him in line, and most importantly (football-wise)

3. If you work him up as your backup QB (assuming Schaub is dealt at some point), *you don't have to change your playcalling that much* when Vick 2.0 comes into the game.

They say that that is the challenge with QBs like Vick and Young--you have to be willing to mould your offense to their talents, much moreso than other QBs. With Vick 2.0, his skill set is similar to Ron Mexico's (2.0 may be a better thrower/not as dynamic on the ground).

Low risk/high reward/good fit.
Of course, Shockley fits criteria #3 above--without the criminal record! :D

:yes: and now the falcons can say they won't bring in marcus as a free-agent because they already have enough QB's. very smart pick on many levels

He'll own the CFL and I think be an NFL starter one day, if he can keep his head on straight. But he dug his own grave and earned this ignominity.

He'll own the CFL and I think be an NFL starter one day, if he can keep his head on straight.  But he dug his own grave and earned this ignominity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with this.. It reminds me of the situation that QB was in out of Florida State. I can't remember his name right now, but he had legal issues and went undrafted. He went to arena football and performed well while staying out of trouble. So that earned him a spot back in the NFL last year as a back up with the Saints (He was the guy who lined up under the wrong lineman at the line of scrimmage, and was the laughing stock for a while). I think Marcus Vick will travel down a similiar road.

I agree with this.. It reminds me of the situation that QB was in out of Florida State. I can't remember his name right now, but he had legal issues and went undrafted. He went to arena football and performed well while staying out of trouble. So that earned him a spot back in the NFL last year as a back up with the Saints (He was the guy who lined up under the wrong lineman at the line of scrimmage, and was the laughing stock for a while). I think Marcus Vick will travel down a similiar road.
adrian mcpherson

He'll own the CFL and I think be an NFL starter one day, if he can keep his head on straight.  But he dug his own grave and earned this ignominity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Difference is McPherson isn't a kid with an attitude like this schmuck, who STILL believes he's done NOTHING WRONG!!! After hearing his interview on ESPN today, it's VERY easy to see why no one drafted this ########. I don't believe Marcus Vick is the QB McPherson is either. There's no reason for NFL teams to give this kid a look.....he's not a talented enough passer to start anywhere now or the future. And little reason to have a unreliable, troublesome backup QB with a load of baggage. Stars might get away with brushes with the law, roster fodder like Vick usually don't.Get me some fries #####.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Difference is McPherson isn't a kid with an attitude like this schmuck, who STILL believes he's done NOTHING WRONG!!! After hearing his interview on ESPN today, it's VERY easy to see why no one drafted this ########. I don't believe Marcus Vick is the QB McPherson is either. There's no reason for NFL teams to give this kid a look.....he's not a talented enough passer to start anywhere now or the future. And little reason to have a unreliable, troublesome backup QB with a load of baggage. Stars might get away with brushes with the law, roster fodder like Vick usually don't.Get me some fries #####.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your right about him being a bit of a narcissist, but that doesn't mean he's not able to prove himself in another league (arena or CFL), and get a shot at an NFL career. He needs to prove that he's a capable quarterback, and he's matured enough that a team doesn't have to worry about his off the field non sense. At this point he hasn't proved that, and that's the problem.

I don't believe Marcus Vick is the QB McPherson is either. There's no reason for NFL teams to give this kid a look.....he's not a talented enough passer to start anywhere now or the future. And little reason to have a unreliable, troublesome backup QB with a load of baggage. Stars might get away with brushes with the law, roster fodder like Vick usually don't.

Get me some fries #####.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the point I think a lot of people are missing. Did people talking about him as an athlete actually see him play? At least the Miami game, when he fumbled the ball away four times and threw two picks? Even if the guy was Mother Theresa off-the-field, he would barely have been worthy of a draft pick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your right about him being a bit of a narcissist, but that doesn't mean he's not able to prove himself in another league (arena or CFL), and get a shot at an NFL career. He needs to prove that he's a capable quarterback, and he's matured enough that a team doesn't have to worry about his off the field non sense. At this point he hasn't proved that, and that's the problem.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, I think he'll have to head to CFL/Arena for a shot. At this point, I don't think he's got a choice. He's a good athlete & I'm not questioning that. I just don't personally believe he's good enough to start at the NFL level ever. Therefore, I wouldn't waste the effort to try to develop him. VT gave him multiple chances & he dropped them all. Even the notority of his brother couldn't save him. McPherson is a quiet kid that got caught of wrongdoing at FSU. You haven't heard a problem from him since.

I don't think Vick has the talent to start in the NFL, which is the point I want to make clear. I believe McPherson does.

Users who are viewing this thread