What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Gaetz Under Investigation for Sex Trafficking (2 Viewers)

1.  I dunno that the Tucker appearance cleared anything up.  If that was frst you saw of this, you probably still in the dark.
As I said earlier, that was bizarre.  But you certainly heard about it if you pay attention to Fox at all.

2.  Fox is only non-lefty news?  Oh man, I wish.  My dad gets his news from NEWSMAX, so yeah..........and my mom gets hers from Facebook and Hannity.  
Neither Newsmax or OAN are mainstream news.  They get tiny viewership.  That's like saying Cheddar is MSM.  I don't count them.

Can we throw Swalwell out of the Intelligence Committee too?  He let the little head make decisions that allowed a Chinese spy to get close to him (pun intended) for quite a while.  Logic says there's no way he should be on the Intel committee.

They can leave hand in hand.
One is a clear conflict of interest and the other is not.  Not saying an argument against Swalwell can't be made, based on his judgment.  Bu Gaetz being on the Judiciary Committee is a clear conflict of interest.  He should be removed immediately.

I’m sure all of the QAnon folks who are so concerned about pedophile politicians trafficking underage girls are all over this and calling out Gaetz, right? RIGHT?!

I’m sure all of the QAnon folks who are so concerned about pedophile politicians trafficking underage girls are all over this and calling out Gaetz, right? RIGHT?!
All busy blaming the recent Suez Canal blockage on Hillary Clinton and I only wish I were joking here.  :mellow:

All busy blaming the recent Suez Canal blockage on Hillary Clinton and I only wish I were joking here.  :mellow:
Well it most certainly is her fault.  And if it isn’t it’s definitely Obama’s. Though some are sure it’s unequivocally Trumps fault.  

So does Bill Clinton and his 26 trips to Epstein Island.

So when @Godsbrother and @Thunderlips proclaim that GOP voters don't care about scandals, we can be certain that they are only doing that because - SIDES!!!
You bring up a good point that Bill Clinton was a pig, I can't stand the guy.   If you can find a link of me defending the guy against his scandals I would love to see it.

My point though was not so much about us here at FBGs.  In general I would say the GOP has been less concerned with scandals involving their politicians in recent years than the Democrats. 

For instance I think it would have been very difficult for someone with DJT's past regarding his treatment of women being the Democrat nominee.  On the other side I don't think a senator with Al Fraken's baggage would have been forced to resign as a Republican.

I could be wrong but that is my perception.

Last edited by a moderator:
R or D - it seems that we continue to elect some terrible people
That is so true.

I've watched the footage from that interview several times now.  Carlson somehow doesn't even react facially when Gaetz tries to throw him under the bus or whatever that was.

Sorry I don’t have a link yet, but apparently gaetz’s dad said he could find bob levinson in Iran if Biden DoJ goes easy on his son. I’ll be back with a link.

Link

Apparently this is the extortion scheme? Need some time to process this. Getting crazier.
Well, it seems like some of these fellas were paying attention to a certain someone's quid pro quo scenario:

Substantiating criminal charges in the extortion probe could be difficult, people familiar with the matter said, noting that, when the two men — who have not been identified — first contacted Don Gaetz, they did not explicitly threaten to expose the congressman unless they were paid. Even if investigators do come to believe there was an attempt to extort the Gaetz family, it appears connected to the sex-crimes investigation only because the men involved discovered it and used it as leverage for personal purposes, people familiar with the matter said.
I could easily pitch this to Netflix or Paramount:

It's House of Cards meets Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo!!

Can I ask you some lawyer questions?

1. If he’s dating a 17 year old girl, is that illegal (assuming consensual relationship?)

2. If he took her to another state and paid her way, is that illegal?

3. Federal law, I believe, is taking someone under 18 across state lines for sex is illegal, would the state have to prove they had intercourse in another state?

4. If he was introduced to her by this Greenberg guy, and he has more than one instance of some sort of commercial sugar daddy behavior, does that change anything?

Seems like a high bar to prove for some of this unless Greenberg flips.
Sorry for the late response, was in trial today. 

1. Assuming dating means in a sexual relationship, this is purely jurisdiction specific. Most states, I believe, are the age of 18 (usually with some caveats e.g. if the defendant is within two years or in same school). I think the lowest is 16 (maybe PA?). 

2. This depends on what he paid her way for. If he paid her way so that she'd come along and have sex with him, then it could be unlawful. 

3. I have not read the applicable federal statute recently.

4. I'm uncertain what you mean here and who "he" but if there was evidence showing that Gaetz knew that Greenberg had his own and set up sugar daddy relationship it could be probative circumstantial evidence as to Geatz's intent. 

Gaetz says he had convos with Fox & OAN about possible jobs. A Fox spox said in response that "no one with any level of authority" has had convos w/him & "we have no interest in hiring him." OAN's founder says he's "not really hiring" for shows right now. https://t.co/jFU7VcBSFk

🍺 

Or both!!

This story rulez
That's funny, I only care because he's a Florida Rep and I think you might be dead right here. Something happened with an underage female and that led to the someone trying to frame him who knew about it and could expose him. 

But I am inclined to hear all the info the FBI has first on the Dept of Justice. You'd have to say that might be the only story to trump this one. 

I could definitely google this, but anyone want to give the low down on the story?
Was kidnapped working for the CIA I believe and held prisoner for 14 years and if you believe the stories, the family was told he was dead. They used to parade him out in orange jumpsuit chained up and holding signs to be seen in the United States to let us know they still had him and likely torturing him round the clock. Looked like he hadn't shaven in years, emaciated, etc...sick sick sick and then I guess we finally gave up ever trying to get him and took out their General instead. 

A sitting congressman is either caught up in a sex trafficking sting or he is being extorted for 25 million dollars. You don't think this is newsworthy? You have cared over way less in the past
It’s certainly newsworthy, I can’t deny that. 

But I don’t care. I hate this sort of story because it has nothing to do with politics in terms of doing good things for the American people. The guy is a worthless blowhard, anyone who has watched him should have realized that a long time ago. 

Was kidnapped working for the CIA I believe and held prisoner for 14 years and if you believe the stories, the family was told he was dead. They used to parade him out in orange jumpsuit chained up and holding signs to be seen in the United States to let us know they still had him and likely torturing him round the clock. Looked like he hadn't shaven in years, emaciated, etc...sick sick sick and then I guess we finally gave up ever trying to get him and took out their General instead. 
He was a retired agent, not formally working for the cia, but of course that’s what the cia would say.  Ive read he was working on either cigarette smuggling, Iran nuke program, or trying to track down info on Simeon migelovich. I don’t think there’s any link between Levinson and our attack on solemeini though. 
Link

Also was thought to be working with This guy. I’ll try to dig up where I read that later today.  

Gaetz allegedly showed off to other lawmakers photos and videos of nude women he said he had slept with, the sources told CNN, including while on the House floor. The sources, including two people directly shown the material, said Gaetz displayed the images of women on his phone and talked about having sex with them. One of the videos showed a naked woman with a hula hoop, according to one source.

"It was a point of pride," one of the sources said of Gaetz.

Gaetz allegedly showed off to other lawmakers photos and videos of nude women he said he had slept with, the sources told CNN, including while on the House floor. The sources, including two people directly shown the material, said Gaetz displayed the images of women on his phone and talked about having sex with them. One of the videos showed a naked woman with a hula hoop, according to one source.

Class act al around

and I'm sure he was showing these to Democrats.  

https://twitter.com/patriciamazzei/status/1377798913885925377?s=21

Holy ####, this thread/article is insane. Some highlights below:

- The Times has reviewed receipts from Cash App and Apple Pay that show payments from Gaetz and Greenberg to one of the women, and a payment from Greenberg to a second woman. The women told their friends that the payments were for sex with the two men.

- In encounters during 2019 and 2020, Gaetz and Greenberg instructed the women to meet at certain times and places, often at hotels around Florida, and would tell them the amount of money they were willing to pay, according to the messages and interviews

- Some of the men and women took ecstasy before having sex, including Gaetz, two people familiar with the encounters said. In some cases, Gaetz asked women to help find others who might be interested in having sex with him and his friends

- The authorities have also investigated whether other men connected to Mr. Gaetz and Mr. Greenberg had sex with the 17-year-old, two of the people said.

https://twitter.com/patriciamazzei/status/1377798913885925377?s=21

Holy ####, this thread/article is insane. Some highlights below:

- The Times has reviewed receipts from Cash App and Apple Pay that show payments from Gaetz and Greenberg to one of the women, and a payment from Greenberg to a second woman. The women told their friends that the payments were for sex with the two men.

- In encounters during 2019 and 2020, Gaetz and Greenberg instructed the women to meet at certain times and places, often at hotels around Florida, and would tell them the amount of money they were willing to pay, according to the messages and interviews

- Some of the men and women took ecstasy before having sex, including Gaetz, two people familiar with the encounters said. In some cases, Gaetz asked women to help find others who might be interested in having sex with him and his friends

- The authorities have also investigated whether other men connected to Mr. Gaetz and Mr. Greenberg had sex with the 17-year-old, two of the people said.
Go big or go home I guess.

Butthead, I mean Gaetz. Another shining example of the memebrs of the GOP.
No, it's another shining example of politicians. 

Cuomo ring a bell to you? Don't act like sexual misconduct doesn't happen on both sides, in fact I think that post is a fishing hook in all likelihood. 

If one of the pictures is the 17 year old, is that even more trouble for Matt?

No, it's another shining example of politicians. 

Cuomo ring a bell to you? Don't act like sexual misconduct doesn't happen on both sides, in fact I think that post is a fishing hook in all likelihood. 
This is a kid though.  Right?  I mean #### Cuomo too but Gaetz is accused of humping a kid.  Doesn’t that matter to you?  It does to me.  I have a 17 year old daughter.  It matters a lot to me.  

Users who are viewing this thread