What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mattison for 1.8 in the 2023 draft? (1 Viewer)

Chuckers

Footballguy
Standard scoring. Dynasty IDP league.

I've had Mattison on my bench behind Dalvin Cook. So I'm looking to cash him out for a draft pick. I have solid older RBs and very good WR depth.

Is the 1.8 enough?

I think that will be about as good of a return as you could expect. I would be surprised if the guy with 1.08 would pull the trigger but if they are desperate for RB help maybe they do it.

ETA: the only way I move Mattison for this though is if you think he is a JAG and will lose value moving forward. That 1.08 pick isn't likely to be as valuable at this point for this year as Mattison....and maybe not for the next couple if Mattison impresses. So it really comes down to your view of Mattison. Is he overhyped to you...sell. If you think he is going to impress.....I likely keep.

If I had 1.08, I would trade it for Mattison. Likewise, if I had Mattison, I’m not sure that 1.08 would be enough to get a young RB from me.

I think that will be about as good of a return as you could expect. I would be surprised if the guy with 1.08 would pull the trigger but if they are desperate for RB help maybe they do it.

ETA: the only way I move Mattison for this though is if you think he is a JAG and will lose value moving forward. That 1.08 pick isn't likely to be as valuable at this point for this year as Mattison....and maybe not for the next couple if Mattison impresses. So it really comes down to your view of Mattison. Is he overhyped to you...sell. If you think he is going to impress.....I likely keep.
I absolutely believe Mattison is JAG. Maybe he starts the season with 20 touches/game but I think that is 12-15 by Week 5. Thanks for the advice.

If I had 1.08, I would trade it for Mattison. Likewise, if I had Mattison, I’m not sure that 1.08 would be enough to get a young RB from me.
In IDP the 1.08 means I might get LB Jack Campbell. Since several of my LBs got moved to DE (e.g. Micah Parsons) I am thin at LB. Does that make you reconsider?

Since several of my LBs got moved to DE (e.g. Micah Parsons) I am thin at LB. Does that make you reconsider?

Ah, the true position MFL change. I had the exact same scenario with Parsons happen to me, and I thought long and hard about Campbell, but went in a different direction. Young LBs are no sure thing these days, and it takes a while to get used to being in modern coverages for LBs. Now, Campbell could come in and be an uberstud and prove me wrong, but I'd suspect it might take a year.

So that's a consideration. You seem to think you're a contender, therefore If you have older RBs and a solid WR corps, then you might draft an RB with the 1.8. Mattison, in my opinion, is indeed JAG. It's just whether or not you can get anything out of his replacement at 1.8 this year.

That's probably not too much help, but it's commiseration and a thought process.

Since several of my LBs got moved to DE (e.g. Micah Parsons) I am thin at LB. Does that make you reconsider?

Ah, the true position MFL change. I had the exact same scenario with Parsons happen to me, and I thought long and hard about Campbell, but went in a different direction. Young LBs are no sure thing these days, and it takes a while to get used to being in modern coverages for LBs. Now, Campbell could come in and be an uberstud and prove me wrong, but I'd suspect it might take a year.

So that's a consideration. You seem to think you're a contender, therefore If you have older RBs and a solid WR corps, then you might draft an RB with the 1.8. Mattison, in my opinion, is indeed JAG. It's just whether or not you can get anything out of his replacement at 1.8 this year.

That's probably not too much help, but it's commiseration and a thought process.
My process is similar. Since it's a one QB league and I already have Josh Allen, I am also considering Anthony Richardson for the big upside youth angle. He wouldn't need to start for a couple/few years.

As for WR, I do think I'm pretty set: Jefferson, Tyreek, Christian Watson, Mike Williams, Christian Kirk, and Michael Thomas.
And my RBs are CMC, Dalvin, Fournette, Swift, Perine, Chuba, and Kyren Williams. So I need some youth, for sure.

RB is probably my goal but if they're all off the board I'd have options at 1.8. And I feel like keeping Mattison would leave me CRAZY-OLD!!

You likely won't get Richardson @ 1.08 if that is truly your target.
In one QB the rookies usually drop. I got Andrew Luck way back when at 1.05, for example. and he was a lot more certain a prospect. But if he goes ahead of 1.08 then I get a RB or LB pushed down. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I play in IDP Leagues but never considered a positional change. With your RB stable, I would keep !attisom

I play in IDP Leagues but never considered a positional change. With your RB stable, I would keep !attisom
The position change was done by the website we use. They're using true position so Parsons went from LB to Defensive End because he's basically a hand-in-the-dirt QB rusher.

Users who are viewing this thread