What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maurice Jones-Drew Conflicting FBG Info (1 Viewer)

elshagon

Footballguy
This from the email update today:

*** Friday Update *** RB Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX) practiced fully on Friday but is questionable to play this weekend.

And this from the News page:

Jacksonville Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew (hamstring) did not practice Friday, Dec. 20, and is questionable for Week 16.

Which is it?

This is the first error you've read?

FBG has really take a dive this year and I'm not really sure why.

Outdated updates - daily emails can be completely wrong sometimes even a week behind

Delayed information - rankings that are a few days late

Conflicting information

I'm not sure what's going on at FBG but for paying for information they seem to be having a lot of problems this year

Outdated updates - daily emails can be completely wrong sometimes even a week behind

Conflicting information

I'm not sure what's going on at FBG but for paying for information they seem to be having a lot of problems this year
It's been getting worse over the past couple of years, that and the blah customer service is why I didn't re-subscribe this year and have no plans to sign up next year either

Conflicting information

It's been getting worse over the past couple of years, that and the blah customer service is why I didn't re-subscribe this year and have no plans to sign up next year either
Been a customer since this site was created back when it was free.

Strongly considering not renewing as well.

Also to add, information used to be cutting edge. Now it comes out late. I find out about stuff at least 12 hours before I get a FBG email about it. I suppose it's hard with twitter and everything, but still- you think FBG could follow a few of the big people on twitter and parrot the information back a lot faster than they do.

It's like they still function off of TV news when Internet has put everything at everyone's fingertips.

Wow...scathing! Lol.

Eh...fbg is still the best that over used from all of the ff related services out there. It's not saying much though. They all suck. But it's not totally their faults. Ff is 90% luck. So unless you have a crystal ball you are going to be wrong a lot.

As far as the speed of breaking information delivery, they aren't the fastest, but is that why you subscribe? I believe you get that even if you are not a subscriber? And even if that's not the case, there are tons of ways to get free information in breaking news texted rt to your phone as it happens.

Twitter is also great for that.

Back in the day, us old timers used to venture to the newspaper websites in the local market. Guess what?!? It still works!

MJD unlikely to play according to local writer

No guarantees but it looks like less than 50/50 according to Hays Carlyon. Basically, until the inactives are announced, we're all guessing. Personally, I wouldn't wish to count on MJD, as it's easy to see re-injury if he is active. But it's huge news if you're a Jordan Todman owner if you find out MJD is inactive.

This is only my second year subscribing with FBG but I felt that last year was run a lot smoother. Going a bit off-topic, I feel they put out a LOT of info that just seems pointless to read (rushing/passing match-ups, etc)... just go to their week 16 in-season page and it's crazy the amount of stuff there is to click on. The only stuff I look at are the rankings, upgrades/downgrades (FANTASTIC by Bloom by the way), Rent-A-Defense (good reading but has been wrong a lot, lol), Buy Low/Sell High (when it's on time)

I find FBG to be great for drafting purposes and the daily email is nice, but when it comes to the week by week stuff I find myself going to a lot of other sites for "start/don't start" or "good/bad match-ups" (Sablich Brothers, Yahoo site).

On the plus side, you can't argue with Dodds consistent accuracy over the years. I can also go back to his rankings and pretty much be in agreement with most of his opinion, PPR or not. He's very good at rankings defenses as well (except for the Eagles last week, haha, but everyone was on board with them). I do enjoy Random Shots as well.

Joe's emails are kinda useless. Poorly formatted, conflicting info in adjacent paragraphs, etc. Whatever bot they're using to aggregate the info since Joe apparently left is doing a poor job.

Back in the day, us old timers used to venture to the newspaper websites in the local market. Guess what?!? It still works!

MJD unlikely to play according to local writer

No guarantees but it looks like less than 50/50 according to Hays Carlyon. Basically, until the inactives are announced, we're all guessing. Personally, I wouldn't wish to count on MJD, as it's easy to see re-injury if he is active. But it's huge news if you're a Jordan Todman owner if you find out MJD is inactive.
Thank you. You are the first and only post in this thread after post 2 that addressed the topic and not FBG's service.

Last edited by a moderator:
This wasn't meant as a "bash FBG" thread. Simply wanted to point out the conflicting info they put out here on the board as I saw no way to contact FBG staff regarding the issue. In my league Todman is still available, but I'm not going to bother if MJD plays.

Hate to pile on but yea this site has blown this year. Could go around citing a lot of examples but I recently went to look up DaRick Rogers target data and his player page is showing zero stats on the season. Unacceptable.

And to answer the question MJD did practice yesterday but in the open portion of practice he was not working so no one outside the Jags organization knows how much he was able to do. Main Jags beat writer I follow was calling it 50/50.

I think The Jerk summed it up quite well. MJD is no one you want in your lineup this week, it's just the impact it has on Todman that is relevant.

I subscribe for drafting info, which is pretty good.

In season stuff is not worth it.

I wish they had a draft only package for cheaper.

This year has definitely been a downer. Regarding the weekly emails, I don't even read them anymore. Scour to see if any news about my players and move along.

I listened to MJD last night on is Sirius radio show. He said he feels worlds better than he did last week and it sounded to me like he thought he was going to play on Sunday. Just my interpretation mind you.

Best site I've ever used. Without question. And the subscriber contest is a lot of fun every year. Basically the blueprint for the daily leagues that have taken the industry by storm. Find a site that doesn't use the term vbd these days. There isn't one.

There are flaws, but what product doesn't have flaws? Email alerts are antiquated anyways. It seems like they could use a little more bandwidth on their web server, though. I have two email accounts that get fbg emails and there are sometimes hours of difference between the timestamps on them.

I'm going to sign up for two subscriptions next year. Double my chance to take home the subscriber contest trophy.

Conflicting information
I think some information, like in the case of MJD, is simply conflicting information. I don't get the emails anymore but perhaps the email and "latest news" comes from two different sources. The real problem is the fact there is conflicting information floating out there in a few specific situations-- no matter who you are getting the news from. Bottom line is he's "questionable" whether he was limited in practice or didn't practice at all.

Also, completely disagree about delayed information. That was a HUGE problem in the past but I haven't felt that's the case anymore. At one time I think they were spreading themselves too thin in every area but I feel like they've done a good job of targeting what their customers use most this season. The expected dates to publish have really helped imo.

Given the amount of content you get every week for ~$1 it still seems like a bargain to me even if there wasn't a contest and the contest is biggest single reason I subscribe. There's so much in fact I rarely even get to half of it.

Conflicting information
I think some information, like in the case of MJD, is simply conflicting information. I don't get the emails anymore but perhaps the email and "latest news" comes from two different sources. The real problem is the fact there is conflicting information floating out there in a few specific situations-- no matter who you are getting the news from. Bottom line is he's "questionable" whether he was limited in practice or didn't practice at all. Also, completely disagree about delayed information. That was a HUGE problem in the past but I haven't felt that's the case anymore. At one time I think they were spreading themselves too thin in every area but I feel like they've done a good job of targeting what their customers use most this season. The expected dates to publish have really helped imo.

Given the amount of content you get every week for ~$1 it still seems like a bargain to me even if there wasn't a contest and the contest is biggest single reason I subscribe. There's so much in fact I rarely even get to half of it.
Expected dates to,publish are great... Until it's Wednesday noon and you're still waiting for Tuesday nights stuff. Frustrating when you're trying to use paid info to make WW bids Tuesday night.

The worst it ever was, was when it was Friday morning and Wednesday night hadn't been posted.

Maybe this is why they stopped organizing paid information by date expected and started organizing it by topic, and whenever it's updated It's updated.

I saw that Schefter tweet as well. This is great news for people going against todman. What do We think the split will look like IF mjd is completely healthy? 50/50? 70/30 in favor of todman who has been running well?

From RotoWorld

"Appearing on GameDay Morning, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported the Jaguars are "optimistic" Maurice Jones-Drew (hamstring) will play Sunday against the Titans."

With regard to conflicting info and delayed info. The competition in the fantasy space has increased like what 10x over the past few years? How many sites are there now and think about the # of ffl "experts" that are trying to tweet out the latest news? Go to Fantasy Pros over 150 so called experts listed in the ECR. Part of the problem trying to get the news 1st is that it may be misleading or vague or just plain wrong. A ton of guys are trying to make their living reporting ffl news just like the paparazzi.

Ugh, I would prefer MJD being out. I can only imagine starting him to see him out after 2 plays.

####.

So he is playing?

Not sure they there isnt a pinned thread. Mjd has been solid from week 8 to 14

Users who are viewing this thread