What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McCown to Oakland! (1 Viewer)

I think this could be very exciting unless they resign Collins. I've felt for a while now that McCown was getting a raw deal in Arizone - but it remains to be seen what impact this will have on Moss and Porter

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our 2006 "Lamont Jordan".

Let the hype begin.

BTW - you'll notice I said "Jordan" and not "Barlow" or some other bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you take McCown among rookie/FA .......if he is the starter!

I have 1.09 think he will be available??

Not that this makes any difference to anyone, but what the hey...

Today reminds me of a trade I made last year, Palmer and Kitna for Priest, Warner and McCown. Suddenly, what I got looks a lot better. (20 team league, which I dropped after the season).

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our 2006 "Lamont Jordan".

Let the hype begin.

BTW - you'll notice I said "Jordan" and not "Barlow" or some other bust.
If McCown becomes the starter, he's a definate fantasy option. Moss will probably be fine too. This isnt looking like a good year for Raider fans though.

Do you think this eliminates the possibility of Oakland taking Young or Cutler? I guess a lot depends on the contract McCown was given.

Do you think this eliminates the possibility of Oakland taking Young or Cutler? I guess a lot depends on the contract McCown was given.
:no: but it eliminates the desperation.

Bad for Moss, but I didn't expect anything better. Tui might still have an outside shot at the job, as will Walter, but if this news is correct, expect McCown to win the job.

I differ from some here in that I don't think much of McCown and am doubtful he ever becomes a viable NFL starter. But his opportunities won't come any better than this.

I must be in the minority, but I think McCown is not very good. I have watched all his games in AZ and he never developed. Well, maybe a change in scenery will do him good.

Bad for Moss, but I didn't expect anything better. Tui might still have an outside shot at the job, as will Walter, but if this news is correct, expect McCown to win the job.

I differ from some here in that I don't think much of McCown and am doubtful he ever becomes a viable NFL starter. But his opportunities won't come any better than this.
Finally the voice of reason. lol and wtf w/all the McCown love. He only has a hope of being a viable FF option because of Moss, and I still wouldn't exactly hold my breath.

Wow, I must say that this makes my day...McCown won me some games last year, here's to hoping he can secure the starting gig! :banned:

Bad for Moss, but I didn't expect anything better.  Tui might still have an outside shot at the job, as will Walter, but if this news is correct, expect McCown to win the job.

I differ from some here in that I don't think much of McCown and am doubtful he ever becomes a viable NFL starter.  But his opportunities won't come any better than this.
Finally the voice of reason. lol and wtf w/all the McCown love. He only has a hope of being a viable FF option because of Moss, and I still wouldn't exactly hold my breath.
Huh. I look at his last 10 starts, and I see a QB who threw for a 60.5 completion percentage, 263 ypg, 14 TDs & 12 INTs. Plus he was 5-5 in that stretch for a piss-poor AZ team.If you pro-rate those numbers, you're looking at a 16 game QB with over 4200 yds passing, 22 TDs, and 19 INTs.

I can live with FF numbers like that - especially since he's still in his learning curve.

Is there a link to this or did someone else hear about this on the NFL Network?

Is there a link to this or does someone else hear about this on the NFL Network?
I haven't watched the NFL Network today, but I can't find anything anywhere.

Bad for Moss, but I didn't expect anything better.  Tui might still have an outside shot at the job, as will Walter, but if this news is correct, expect McCown to win the job.

I differ from some here in that I don't think much of McCown and am doubtful he ever becomes a viable NFL starter.  But his opportunities won't come any better than this.
Huh. I look at his last 10 starts, and I see a QB who threw for a 60.5 completion percentage, 263 ypg, 14 TDs & 12 INTs. Plus he was 5-5 in that stretch for a piss-poor AZ team.If you pro-rate those numbers, you're looking at a 16 game QB with over 4200 yds passing, 22 TDs, and 19 INTs.

I can live with FF numbers like that - especially since he's still in his learning curve.
He was also playing in a division that had some weak defenses in it, and for a team that was always trailing with zero running game, and therefore was essentially obligated to chuck and pray. He's not a bad QB, but I'm not sure that you have anyone more remarkable than Gus Frerotte here.

This is all I see on Kffl about him.

Lions | Talking with McCown

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:30:09 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Detroit Lions remain interested in adding more depth to their quarterback position. The team remains in contact with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals).

I see nothing about him to Oakland.

I must be in the minority, but I think McCown is not very good. I have watched all his games in AZ and he never developed. Well, maybe a change in scenery will do him good.
I never thought much of him either, but he could be a good starter with a decent running game , which Arizona never had.

Bad form if this isn't true. I just wasted 15 minutes being on hold with the local sports radio station to report it.

This just posted on KFFL:

Raiders | McCown in town

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:33:33 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Oakland Raiders are visiting with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals).

Apparently, MSULions misheard something.

This just posted on KFFL:

Raiders | McCown in town

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:33:33 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Oakland Raiders are visiting with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals).

Apparently, MSULions misheard something.
Thanks CP.

Depending on the contract, I like this move. I think McCown has ability. Put that together with opportunity and good skill players around him(Moss, Jordan, Porter), I see the potential for good things.

Unfortunately, I think this could also be a precursor for the Raiders drafting a QB. There is no reason whatsoever that the Raiders should use that 7th overall pick on a QB when they have so many other pressing needs on the other side of the ball. As much as I'd like to root for VY as a Raider, they need to use that pick on Mario Williams, AJ Hawk, or Haloti Ngata.

I apologize if this is wrong...but i'm almost positive i heard that they had agreed on a deal :shrug:

i agree that it's suspicious that nothing is showing up on the wires though....

:popcorn:

I apologize if this is wrong...but i'm almost positive i heard that they had agreed on a deal :shrug:

i agree that it's suspicious that nothing is showing up on the wires though....

:popcorn:
nice thanks... i just sent a smack email to the league..as i own rivers, cpep, mccown and dayne!!!!!

oh well.. such is life.. hope you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Detroit Lions remain interested in adding more depth to their quarterback position. The team remains in contact with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals).

By the way, why are the Lions still looking for a QB like McCown when they have Joey and Orlovsky and just signed Kitna. I don't think either Kitna or McCown views himself as a QB3. I'm puzzled by this.

By the way, why are the Lions still looking for a QB like McCown when they have Joey and Orlovsky and just signed Kitna. I don't think either Kitna or McCown views himself as a QB3. I'm puzzled by this.
Maybe it's because they likewise do not view Joey as a #1. :popcorn:

Maybe it's because they likewise do not view Joey as a #1. :popcorn:
That's sort of what I was thinking. Maybe Martz has changed his tune about reforming Joey after working with him a little bit.

I liked his numbers. Just watching him play does not impress me.

Users who are viewing this thread