What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mean guy, little kid, foul ball.... blah, blah, blah (1 Viewer)

What a jackass. I never see people holding the ball up like that unless they caught it.

It's Boston. I'm surprised the guy didn't stick up his middle finger 3 inches from the kid's face and start dancing.

Nice video quality. You finally buy that DVR?
PVR, but yeah. This one.

And actually, I'm very disappointed in the quality on YouTube. When I transfer video from the cable box or Directv box to my PC via RGB cables in 720p, the clip when played back on my computer is beautiful, crystal-clear quality. But when I upload to YouTube, even when I tagged it as an HD video per their instructions ("yt:quality=high"), the quality still suffers. Can't figure it out. It's darker and more grainy than the original and I don't know why. Maybe YouTube doesn't support full 720p or 1080i uploads. If there's something I missed, I'd love to know about it.

I don't really see the big deal though. He had a second to react and grabbed for the ball like anyone would. Not enough time to process the idea that he should just stand there and let the kid get it. Then held it up. I've never gotten a foul ball and would be really stoked too. Then the camera pans away. I would've given the kid the ball. Maybe he did, we don't know. Time elapsed from the ball landing to the camera panning away is 10 seconds.

I don't really see the big deal though. He had a second to react and grabbed for the ball like anyone would. Not enough time to process the idea that he should just stand there and let the kid get it. Then held it up. I've never gotten a foul ball and would be really stoked too. Then the camera pans away. I would've given the kid the ball. Maybe he did, we don't know. Time elapsed from the ball landing to the camera panning away is 10 seconds.
He reached over the back of his seat, which means the ball came to rest pretty much at the kid's feet. **** move any way you cut it.

He reached over the back of his seat, which means the ball came to rest pretty much at the kid's feet. **** move any way you cut it.
Nah. Everyone grabs for a foul ball if it's in arm's reach.

I just don't understand how you don't realize you're battling a 7-year-old for the ball.

I just don't understand how you don't realize you're battling a 7-year-old for the ball.
Adrenaline, and it happens in the blink of an eye. You don't have time to realize anything. Also it looks like ball goes through his hands, so naturally he's going to grab for it. And again, you don't know he didn't give the kid the ball. And now he's on YouTube labeled an #######.

Adrenaline, and it happens in the blink of an eye. You don't have time to realize anything. Also it looks like ball goes through his hands, so naturally he's going to grab for it.And again, you don't know he didn't give the kid the ball. And now he's on YouTube labeled an #######.
Did he have the look of a guy who thought better of it and handed the ball to the kid? He was doing a friggin end zone dance.

Adrenaline, and it happens in the blink of an eye. You don't have time to realize anything. Also it looks like ball goes through his hands, so naturally he's going to grab for it.And again, you don't know he didn't give the kid the ball. And now he's on YouTube labeled an #######.
Did he have the look of a guy who thought better of it and handed the ball to the kid? He was doing a friggin end zone dance.
He looked excited to have a foul ball. Holding the ball up and waving it is what 99% of people do in that situation. I don't know how you can extrapolate from that whether he would give the kid the ball or not. I would, and I've seen many instances where people have. I think once you sit down and realize what just happened and feel that kid's eyeballs burning through your neck, it's almost impossible not to. I wish the camera didn't pull away so we could know for sure.

I still don't get anybody, of any age, getting excited over a foul ball.

A home run ball? Maybe. Maybe...but it is still a stretch.

A home run ball that may be connected to something historical and/or worth money? I get that.

But the bottom line is that unless you're about 8 years old settle down.

People who attend dozens of games over a lifetime might get one if they're lucky. In that moment, it's a rush. Some people relish the small joys in life. Then yeah, okay, it's a baseball, who cares. Which is why often a little kid nearby will be handed the ball and loses his mind.

I just think it's unfair to kill this guy based on a few seconds of footage and having absolutely no idea what happened afterward. That is all.

Can you sell a MLB baseball like for cash or booze or something? I don't mean like Albert Pujol's 2239th foul ball off a left-handed batter with a name with 2 vowels in it type of deal.

I mean just a regular bullsiht foul ball. What kind of cash can you get for something like that?

Can you sell a MLB baseball like for cash or booze or something? I don't mean like Albert Pujol's 2239th foul ball off a left-handed batter with a name with 2 vowels in it type of deal.

I mean just a regular bullsiht foul ball. What kind of cash can you get for something like that?
First, I suppose you'd have to prove it was in a MLB game. Being seen on TV retrieving it can't hurt.

"I pushed some little snot-nosed kid out of the way in Boston for this little beauty. Fifty bucks.... it's yours."

People who attend dozens of games over a lifetime might get one if they're lucky. In that moment, it's a rush. Some people relish the small joys in life. Then yeah, okay, it's a baseball, who cares. Which is why often a little kid nearby will be handed the ball and loses his mind.

I just think it's unfair to kill this guy based on a few seconds of footage and having absolutely no idea what happened afterward. That is all.
Yeah, no. I might go to the grocery store once a week for 30 years. Some dope of a stockboy might drop a can of Chunky Soup off the top shelf only one time when I'm walking by. I'm not going to full tree-rard trying to catch it.

In all seriousness, you are being a good voice of reason in this thread.

I'm gonna have to agree with McGarnicle here. That whole thing happened way too fast. Natural instinct is to try and catch the ball then reach for it if you don't catch it.

Tell ya what. If that random guy, who could be any one of a billion people, comes in here and explains that he ended up giving the ball to the kid, I'll take down the video. Until then, I didn't like his actions.

First, I suppose you'd have to prove it was in a MLB game. Being seen on TV retrieving it can't hurt.

"I pushed some little snot-nosed kid out of the way in Boston for this little beauty. Fifty bucks.... it's yours."
The problem is that there's so much fake stuff out there and anyone with a decent computer and printer can make a COA.

The problem is that there's so much fake stuff out there and anyone with a decent computer and printer can make a COA.
"And then I'm going to have to find a plastic case to keep the ball in, which is impossible...." [laughs and wheezes]

Tell ya what. If that random guy, who could be any one of a billion people, comes in here and explains that he ended up giving the ball to the kid, I'll take down the video. Until then, I didn't like his actions.
You might be taking life a little too seriously.
You don't knock over a youngster and steal his baseball on my watch.
That guy taught that kid a valuable lesson.
Going to bed. I changed the video title to something a bit more tame on the 0.5% chance he did give the ball to the kid.

Great, now we have to start handing out participation foul balls to visitors to the stadium just so we don't hurt feelings.

This is a pretty dumb thing to pick to get pissed about. The ball bounced off hands several rows in front of the kid, it was never his to begin with. Your video title is wrong, but you see what you want to see I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread