What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Meryl Streep Signature Role (1 Viewer)

What do you feel is Meryl Streep's signature role?

• The Deer Hunter -- Linda

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Kramer vs. Kramer -- Joanna Kramer

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Sophie's Choice --- Sophie

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Out of Africa --- Karen

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The Bridges of Madison County --- Francesca Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Devil Wears Prada --- Miranda Priestly

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

belljr

Footballguy
I'll go with another "big one" before I start to look at people that may have 2 or 3 defining roles (at least thats the plan).  To be honest some of the people I'm looking at are now in freaking super hero movies and I think thats going to skew some things.  Maybe I exclude them...

To me even though shes been in a lot, I actually think this boils down to 1 or 2 ...

I know there was a ton to choose from so I tried to capture what most may know here from.  If I truly missed one worthy of the choices I'll be glad to add it

What say you?

Sophie Zawistowski is the greatest portrayal i've ever seen. i was married to a brilliant, fragile blonde w horrors in her past and, in Sophie, Streep rolls strike after strike knocking down all the fanciful frights within the type that so fascinates us. The apartment scenes w Klein erase all need to see an O'Neill or Tennessee Williams play, which is a major service to mankind.

Where's The River Wild love?  I mean Kevin Bacon, Meryl Streep, David Straithairn, John C Reilly, Benjamin Bratt........all on a river.....

I think it's even more difficult than with DeNiro to pick one role that stands out versus the others. I'd go with Joanna Kramer.

Probably recency bias, but I immediately thought of The Devil Wears Prada.  I don't think I've ever even seen any of the other choices anyways.

on the other side of Miss Streep is Julie & Julia. she has such fun inhabiting the great ol' gal that i weep with delight watching her chew on the found candy of it

Love her as an actress but not crazy about a lot of her movies. Voted Sophie's Choice which I do think is an amazing movie. 

Definitely played a twisted character in Death Becomes Her.

A little off topic, but the body double used in the mirror scene in Bridges of Madison County May have been 20 years her junior. Assume she had final approval over that decision.

Users who are viewing this thread