What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mewelde Moore (1 Viewer)

BlueOnion

Footballguy
Article - scroll down

Running back Mewelde Moore is still recovering from wrist surgery and might not be available for the first of the Vikings' minicamps next month.
I have to say, when this guy is healthy he excites me. However, he reminds more of Crystal Chandelier than Walter Payton.

The Vikes were already giddy of Chester Taylor coming in and they were talking him up something fierce--something like 20-30 touches a game. I don't see Mewelde having much value at this point except as a capable backup and mid to late round pick.

The Vikes were already giddy of Chester Taylor coming in and they were talking him up something fierce--something like 20-30 touches a game. I don't see Mewelde having much value at this point except as a capable backup and mid to late round pick.
Assuming Smith is released and he beats out Fason...

The Vikes were already giddy of Chester Taylor coming in and they were talking him up something fierce--something like 20-30 touches a game.  I don't see Mewelde having much value at this point except as a capable backup and mid to late round pick.
Assuming Smith is released and he beats out Fason...
It will be hard for Fason and Onterrio to wrestle the #2 spot from Mewelde, unless the #2 guy has to step on the field.

If history of is any indication if Chester Taylor isnt a lights out superstar the Vikes will be shuffling the deck every other week. When they should be working on their defense.

If history of is any indication if Chester Taylor isnt a lights out superstar the Vikes will be shuffling the deck every other week. When they should be working on their defense.
Mike Tice is no longer the Head Coach.

Mike Tice is no longer the Head Coach.
:goodposting: I hope...I had a rough season last year in my auction/keeper $ league, cleaning house week 10 and snagging LJ and CT for dirt cheap.

:fingerscrossed:

I don't think Chester needs to be a lights out superstar. Childress initially referred to Minny being "talent poor" when he came over. He said that RBBC would be fine if necessary, but if he could find a back that could carry the ball 20-25 times a game, he would go with one back. If Chester can hold up, I think he will get the load. He doesn't need to be a "superstar" to keep that role. Instead, if he performs at a Droughns-type level, he will keep the load IMO.

Talk is cheap. Chester Taylor has less carries in his 4 year NFL career than Mewelde has had in 2. Taylor may be a 20-30 touch RB but he hasn't proven it yet.

The Vikes were already giddy of Chester Taylor coming in and they were talking him up something fierce--something like 20-30 touches a game.  I don't see Mewelde having much value at this point except as a capable backup and mid to late round pick.
Talk is cheap. Chester Taylor has less carries in his 4 year NFL career than Mewelde has had in 2. Taylor may be a 20-30 touch RB but he hasn't proven it yet.
True. However Meweldo has proved he is not a 20-30 touch RB.

UmmmmmmmmTaylor has 373 carries in his 4 years...

Moore has 220 carries in his 2 years...

:confused:

Did you just make up your stats?

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't need to be a "superstar" to keep that role. Instead, if he performs at a Droughns-type level, he will keep the load IMO.
Thats the way the Vikes should roll. They will be able to run the ball reasonably effectively, but they dont need to lead the league in rushing to win the NFL North.

I myself never said Taylor was a proven or deserving 20-30 touch back. All I'm saying is the Vikings said that after signing him. Is he liekly to really get that big a workload? I doubt it. Almost every time a coach says PLAYER X is going to touch the ball 30 times a game I say :lmao: , as very few every really average that much (Larry Johnson notwithstanding).I admit I am intriuged by Taylor, as he will undoubtedly be a RB that many people will shy away from in redraft leagues. I suspect he will fall into the 3rd round (probably around RB20) and could be a decent value pick if he comes anywhere near the workload they are pimping him at.

I said the same thing last year about Lamont Jordan and IIRC correctly I had him ranked higher than anyone else on staff. A full time NFL starter is worth a lot fantasy wise, and given the amount that the Raiders had utilized RB out of the backfield (116 receptions in 2004) led me to conclude that Jordan was a borderline fantasy RB1 (12 team leagues). And I NEVER was a fan of Jordan and thought he was an average RB, but admitted that he was in a good spot in OAK. (My two value picks at RB really panned out in Jordan and TJones last year.)

It's far too early to decipher what to expect from Taylor, but for now he looks like he has a decent opportunity to be productive.

LOL. Taylor has 277 carries in the last TWO years to Mewelde's 220 carries.

With regards to Childress, the similarities between Moore and Westbrook interest me. Westbrook's not a 20-25 carry/game guy either, but that simply meant that Childress substituted passes for the last few carries per game that he got.

With regards to Childress, the similarities between Moore and Westbrook interest me. Westbrook's not a 20-25 carry/game guy either, but that simply meant that Childress substituted passes for the last few carries per game that he got.
Why is Moore the one inserted in here and not Taylor? Moore has averaged 2.4 catches per game in his two seasons while Taylor has averaged 2.3 with both seeing limited action. I am not so sure that Moore is the default RB on passing downs. Taylor could very well stay in on shorter third down plays. (Moore does seem to be a better option on long yardage downs.)

I agree that MeMo's pass catching abilities resemble Westbrook, although I don't recall Minny every splitting MeMo out wide.In any event, Taylor is also an excellent receiving back. He had 77 receptions over the past two years.

With regards to Childress, the similarities between Moore and Westbrook interest me.  Westbrook's not a 20-25 carry/game guy either, but that simply meant that Childress substituted passes for the last few carries per game that he got.
Why is Moore the one inserted in here and not Taylor? Moore has averaged 2.4 catches per game in his two seasons while Taylor has averaged 2.3 with both seeing limited action. I am not so sure that Moore is the default RB on passing downs. Taylor could very well stay in on shorter third down plays. (Moore does seem to be a better option on long yardage downs.)
I agree. I currently consider it 'unlikely' to see a pattern in which Moore comes in on passing downs. Situations like 3rd and 24 and when the game is alread decided are when I expect to see Moore come on the field.

Many on this board likes to slam Chris Brown for injuries, but I can say one thing, and that is that at least Brown will play hurt. It is well documented that Mewelde Moore refuses to play hurt, and I mean any kind of hurt.

LOL. Taylor has 277 carries in the last TWO years to Mewelde's 220 carries.
Yeah you are right. I don't know where I came up with that. :loco: That's probably the stupidest post I have ever made.

I myself never said Taylor was a proven or deserving 20-30 touch back. All I'm saying is the Vikings said that after signing him. Is he liekly to really get that big a workload? I doubt it. Almost every time a coach says PLAYER X is going to touch the ball 30 times a game I say :lmao: , as very few every really average that much (Larry Johnson notwithstanding).I admit I am intriuged by Taylor, as he will undoubtedly be a RB that many people will shy away from in redraft leagues. I suspect he will fall into the 3rd round (probably around RB20) and could be a decent value pick if he comes anywhere near the workload they are pimping him at.

I said the same thing last year about Lamont Jordan and IIRC correctly I had him ranked higher than anyone else on staff. A full time NFL starter is worth a lot fantasy wise, and given the amount that the Raiders had utilized RB out of the backfield (116 receptions in 2004) led me to conclude that Jordan was a borderline fantasy RB1 (12 team leagues). And I NEVER was a fan of Jordan and thought he was an average RB, but admitted that he was in a good spot in OAK. (My two value picks at RB really panned out in Jordan and TJones last year.)

It's far too early to decipher what to expect from Taylor, but for now he looks like he has a decent opportunity to be productive.
I know it s not the subject but after reading this post i have to add that JOrdan is a very very average back in a good situation.He did put up decent numbers last season but looked average to me.

Users who are viewing this thread