What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL question (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
MFL platform question. Ive recently been granted co-commissioner status in our league. Still learning what I can and can’t see and do. Another owner never set a lineup this past week, but is blaming me as co commish for this (which obviously I didn’t).

As commish, can you see when/if an owner set or changed his lineup each week?

MFL platform question. Ive recently been granted co-commissioner status in our league. Still learning what I can and can’t see and do. Another owner never set a lineup this past week, but is blaming me as co commish for this (which obviously I didn’t).

As commish, can you see when/if an owner set or changed his lineup each week?
Don't have your answer about what commissioners can or can't see, but the bolded made me laugh.
That owner didn't set a lineup and blames a commissioner for it??? What in tarnation.

PS, as a new commish, the best advice I can give you is- Never log in as commish unless you have to. In my league after about week two when all the bugs are worked out I likely won’t log In again as commish all season. Try not to give anyone an excuse to blame you.

PS, as a new commish, the best advice I can give you is- Never log in as commish unless you have to. In my league after about week two when all the bugs are worked out I likely won’t log In again as commish all season. Try not to give anyone an excuse to blame you.
We still need to do that we can process (accept) a trade.

I'm not a commish so I don't know what can or can't be set, but I get a confirmation email when I submit my lineup. Also get my opponent's for the week.

I believe in the league setup page (and wish should be specified in your league rules ) it should say there if a commissioner is allowed to or is responsible for setting a lineup in for a team.

Another owner never set a lineup this past week, but is blaming me as co commish for this (which obviously I didn’t).
He's accusing you of changing his line-up? That's pretty odd.
Yup. “I know I set my lineup. The only explanation is that a commish changed it.” He did set it, last Tuesday, with Najee Harris (on bye) starting. It was never changed again after that, and Damien Harris was also listed as starter, and was a late scratch Sunday. Amazingly, he still won.

Under commissioner tab, go to "abilities set up". There are two choices there under "Commissioner Lockout"

No, the commissioner will have the ability to view pending owner-initiated transactions.
Yes, the commissioner will not have the ability to view pending owner-initiated transactions.

"Yes" should be checked. If it is you could not have possibly changed his line-up. To do things like that you need to switch to "No".

Needless to say that should always be checked "yes" unless there is something you need to do - i.e. asked to change a line-up be a member not able to do it on his own.

Another owner never set a lineup this past week, but is blaming me as co commish for this (which obviously I didn’t).
Yup. “I know I set my lineup. The only explanation is that a commish changed it.” He did set it, last Tuesday, with Najee Harris (on bye) starting. It was never changed again after that, and Damien Harris was also listed as starter, and was a late scratch Sunday. Amazingly, he still won.
He sounds like an ***.

He sounds like an ***.
Agreed.

When a commish sets a lineup for another owner, there will be a (C) that is easily visible. Lineup details is where you can see it easily. I wanted to post an image here that shows it exactly, but don’t think we can post images here. Even when a commish adds/drops/IR a player for an owner, there will be a (C) in the transaction details, I’m pretty much repeating what has already been mentioned but just In case this is of any help..

With MFL you can change your lineup all you want but unless you SCROLL down & press SAVE your lineup will not change. This has happened to me & a few others in our league where we didn't press the save button & were shocked when we saw we started players on buy.

I remember I started a firestorm like 15 years ago for a series of 10 leagues hosted on MFL. It was the week of Thanksgiving and obviously there were day games on Thursday, and I hadn't yet submitted my lineup for the week. To avoid teams having no lineup, the default setting in our league rules on MFL was that if no lineup was submitted by the first game that week, the system would auto populate the lineup from the week before. I had players on my roster that were playing in the Turkey Day games that I DIDN'T want to play and had no intention of playing them. It never dawned on me that I might "get forced" to play them by not submitting a lineup by Thursday.

But since the first game that week started at noon and I hadn't submitted a lineup yet, the MFL system added my players in from the week before (several of which were bye-week fill-ins and guys to fill out the lineup). However, the system didn't lock my roster with people playing that day (the system added in my roster from the week before as placeholders, and I was allowed to make whatever changes I wanted).

I submitted a lineup after the first two games that day of only players playing in Sunday games. It being a very competitive league, people went ballistic because they felt I knew the results of my players that had played on Thursday, didn't like how they did, and THEN submitted a lineup AFTER I saw that they didn't do well. I countered with I had been playing the same Top 5 RB and Top 5 WR the entire season, they were on bye the week before, and no way would I play the bums I had as roster fill-ins in my starting lineup. This started a lot of heated discussion and debate among the illuminati and league officers. Ultimately, I got to play the guys I wanted to play, but it led to an immediate rule change.

I'm not a commish so I don't know what can or can't be set, but I get a confirmation email when I submit my lineup. Also get my opponent's for the week.
This only happens if you go into your team setup and check the boxes to get email notifications of these things. You can also get email notification of waivers, injury report, trades, etc. But you have to check to receive them (or uncheck them if you don't want to see them.

Last year it was pretty quick, 3 days after the Super Bowl. It has been like this for at least a fews years. I have not received a message yet, but will assume within the next 2 weeks. When I get confirmaiton, will update this note. Been using MFL for now going on year 22.

Last year it was pretty quick, 3 days after the Super Bowl. It has been like this for at least a fews years. I have not received a message yet, but will assume within the next 2 weeks. When I get confirmaiton, will update this note. Been using MFL for now going on year 22.
Just checked out my MFL league, and got the message that they are doing the update.

Looks like update is done and leagues are back up.
Now just have to find the discount code again to purchase the league this year.

Users who are viewing this thread