What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Screwing up (1 Viewer)

Mr.Pack

Footballguy
I have my Line-up Submission set for Gametime - Players are locked at scheduled kickoff of their game.

Yet, owners can take players out that played Thursday games.

I had an honest owner tell me that today he had to take TY Hilton out of his lineup to change out a different player that hasn't played yet. I put Hilton back in for him, but there seems to be a glitch in the matrix here.

If it's MFL it's not wide spread. I just checked mine and I couldn't change any players that played Thurs.

I forgot, something similar happened this week.

Another owner tried to put Tolzien for Wallace in at QB on Friday, but the site wouldn't let him.

I had to manually do it for him.

Same in my league, have had to undo many waiver wire selections on Sat Night and when I emailed MFL some skirt told me it was beyond their control. I am going to consider other sites next year, it has been a hassle.

You can tell folks not to do it but human nature is what it is. We run a Wed WW and then a Sat WW, Thursday games have really become a pain in the ###.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont get it. Never happened in my league. You sure all your settings are correct?
Yep, in the OP I showed what I have it set at. Copied and pasted right from the web site.

There are no other settings. That setting should be as it says.

It happened in our league a couple weeks back. A guy let his previous week's line-up go until Friday. Friday was the first time he tried to enter his line-up and the website let him take out Steve Smith and sub another even though he played already the previous night.

It happened in our league a couple weeks back. A guy let his previous week's line-up go until Friday. Friday was the first time he tried to enter his line-up and the website let him take out Steve Smith and sub another even though he played already the previous night.
So is this the key? letting your lineup laps from the previous week. This then tricks the system into thinking you are still able to change Thursdays players

Same in my league, have had to undo many waiver wire selections on Sat Night and when I emailed MFL some skirt told me it was beyond their control. I am going to consider other sites next year, it has been a hassle.

You can tell folks not to do it but human nature is what it is. We run a Wed WW and then a Sat WW, Thursday games have really become a pain in the ###.
is it 1955 on here? some "skirt"?

So is this the key? letting your lineup laps from the previous week. This then tricks the system into thinking you are still able to change Thursdays players
We had a similar Thursday glitch a few years back... guys that waited until after the Thursday kick off to enter their line-ups for the first time found that everyone was locked in from the previous week.

We had a similar Thursday glitch a few years back... guys that waited until after the Thursday kick off to enter their line-ups for the first time found that everyone was locked in from the previous week.
Oh, then it could backfire also.

I always set my full lineup on Thursday. Just in case I die before Sunday, I want to make sure I have a chance at one more win.

Yea I think we've evolved to calling them broads by now.

I'm thinking this may be the glitch.

I think one of the owners of MFL is on FBG and posts here and there, would be nice if he chimed in.

In 2013 Blouses is the preferred disparaging term to use.

Mr.Pack said:
shadyridr said:
I dont get it. Never happened in my league. You sure all your settings are correct?
Yep, in the OP I showed what I have it set at. Copied and pasted right from the web site.There are no other settings. That setting should be as it says.
Is this only happening for owners who did not submit a lineup for themselves yet?

If so, the issue probably isn't player locking, but that you have your league set up so that previous week starters are not actually submitted as a lineup until after NFL games are done. Anything you see until then is displaying what the lineup will default to, but it isn't a real lineup until the day you told it to make it real. I want to say it indicates that on the Starting Lineups page, but not sure.

Anyway, check your Commissioners -> Starting Lineup Setup and look at what you have set for "Copy Previous Week's Starters For Franchises Without Lineups".

If you have it set to "As Soon As Final (Monday) Results Are Available" then that is the problem. Switch it to "As Soon As The Previous Week's Final Results Are Available" and it should work as you expect.

I have only read the OP so not sure if its been mentioned.

This happened a few years ago in my league. The issue is with the setting allowing lineups to be set based on last weeks lineup submission. If you uncheck that option and force everyone to submit a lineup, this will not be an issue

Mr.Pack said:
shadyridr said:
Yep, in the OP I showed what I have it set at. Copied and pasted right from the web site.There are no other settings. That setting should be as it says.
Is this only happening for owners who did not submit a lineup for themselves yet?

If so, the issue probably isn't player locking, but that you have your league set up so that previous week starters are not actually submitted as a lineup until after NFL games are done. Anything you see until then is displaying what the lineup will default to, but it isn't a real lineup until the day you told it to make it real. I want to say it indicates that on the Starting Lineups page, but not sure.

Anyway, check your Commissioners -> Starting Lineup Setup and look at what you have set for "Copy Previous Week's Starters For Franchises Without Lineups".

If you have it set to "As Soon As Final (Monday) Results Are Available" then that is the problem. Switch it to "As Soon As The Previous Week's Final Results Are Available" and it should work as you expect.
yep i have the latter checked and never had an issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Ministry of Pain said:

:fishing:

Mr.Pack said:
shadyridr said:

I just checked and I did have it set to "As Soon As Final (Monday) Results Are Available" and switched it to what you suggested.

I might not be very smart, but I don't understand the difference between the two, The previous week ends on Monday, so to me they mean the same thing.

Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it

Mr.Pack said:
I have my Line-up Submission set for Gametime - Players are locked at scheduled kickoff of their game.

Yet, owners can take players out that played Thursday games.

I had an honest owner tell me that today he had to take TY Hilton out of his lineup to change out a different player that hasn't played yet. I put Hilton back in for him, but there seems to be a glitch in the matrix here.
you have set it up wrong.I have it locked at game time and it's never an issue.

Mr.Pack said:
shadyridr said:

I just checked and I did have it set to "As Soon As Final (Monday) Results Are Available" and switched it to what you suggested.

I might not be very smart, but I don't understand the difference between the two, The previous week ends on Monday, so to me they mean the same thing.

pretty sure final results become official on thursdays after stat changes but yeah i agree i dont understand the difference much at all either and why should it matter.

Mr.Pack said:
shadyridr said:

Yup this is the ticket, we had a guy do something similar a few weeks back and I used MFL "Help" (Great resource BTW) and it directed me to the settings listed above, I even tried it myself the next week to test it and wouldn't allow me to change.

Mr.Pack said:
shadyridr said:

Glad we could help.

Before, it would set a lineup for Week 11 tomorrow night (end of the week), for anyone who doesn't have one. With the new setting, it would have set their lineup a week ago at the start of Week 11.

By the way, since you changed the setting in mid-week, you probably should make sure this week only that every team submits a lineup. Because it's already past the start of the week, and so now it won't run for week 11 tomorrow night. Check the Reports -> Franchise -> Starting Lineups report to see who doesn't have a lineup timestamped as being set already.

BusterTBronco said:
The problem with MFL is that it is TOO customizable. There are literally hundreds of different settings. Commissioners who go in and mess with the settings are likely to screw things up.
as long as you take the time to test the settings it's great.

hines said:
Ministry of Pain said:

It's 2013... Should he have said "biotch"? Progress isn't always a good thing.

Mr.Pack said:
shadyridr said:

Glad we could help.

Before, it would set a lineup for Week 11 tomorrow night (end of the week), for anyone who doesn't have one. With the new setting, it would have set their lineup a week ago at the start of Week 11.

By the way, since you changed the setting in mid-week, you probably should make sure this week only that every team submits a lineup. Because it's already past the start of the week, and so now it won't run for week 11 tomorrow night. Check the Reports -> Franchise -> Starting Lineups report to see who doesn't have a lineup timestamped as being set already.
Yep, I noticed this. Two teams had no lineup anymore, even though I know they did before I did that. I changed it back, and will reset the setting on Monday

Users who are viewing this thread