What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Miami Marlins*** (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
It's been a rough go of it the last 4-5 seasons since Jeffrey Loria conned the city of Miami into picking up the tab on Marlins Park with the promise of a competitive team. I don't want to re-hash all that as most of you just care about Rotisserie or Fantasy but I have been watching almost all of the games and going to Marlins Park. I can't explain my renewed love affair with Baseball but I haven't enjoyed it this much since prior to the steroid explosion coupled with the cancellation of the 1994 World Series where my former fav team the Atlanta Braves were likely to win it all that season. Add in Pete Rose, we share the same b-day and I used to love him growing up...Left me with a real bad taste for baseball.

But in 2016, Baseball has cleaned up their act a lot. I applaud the suspension of Dee Gordon although it hurts our overall team. Cheating has always been in Baseball but you like to think it's not as prevalent as it was a few years back. Another awesome part of this has been my wife wanting to join me at the games, likes me to explain what is happening when the game is on at home, in general she likes Baseball vs most other sports so I don't have to apologize all the time for watching it or suggesting we take in a game and then go to South Beach after. The stadium itself is beautiful and Marlins Park has incredible deals on tickets, not that expensive to take in a game and even get primo seats. 

I am going to do a spotlight post on almost all the Marlins and give you my opinion but just on the surface I can tell you that Christian or Chris Yelich is the real deal and sometimes I wish he had a little nastier streak in him but overall the kid is a primo hitter at the plate and has a sweet balance of power and just plain spraying the ball around the park. He will take any hit the pitcher gives him and he absorbs a lot of pitches. He also has been slumping just a bit in the last week or two with some ground ball dps with runner in scoring position which always blows. 

I have been watching and wanting to come over and start a thread on them, there's real talent here and my guess is Miami will deal a lot of these guys before they pay them top dollar . I do not anticipate Giancarlo Stanton and C.Yelish to be the 3 and 4 hitters for Miami the next 10 years which if it were a good strong organization, we wouldn't have to worry about it or whether Jose Fernandez can stay long term. I will address starting pitching 1st, Miami has a strong 1-2-3 right now with Fernandez, Chen, Conley doing a pretty good job of holding the opposition to 3 runs or less almost every time they walk on the mound. You mix that with a line up that has multiple .300+ hitters and it's not a surprise the Marlins are a few games over .500 and that's despite BP problems which we will get to. 

I will be happy to answer any questions you all might have although I'm sure most of you would school me in Baseball. I have been able to sit almost on the field in each of the first few games I went to at Marlins Park, I don't think that will remain that way if they keep winning. Marlins already increased some ticket prices for the Cubs and Dodgers for example. I was able to sit 2 rows right off 1st Base for the Brewers last week and it cost me a whopping $25 per ticket on a week night. That's sick...if you like Baseball you are a fool not to go take advantage of the giveaways. All you can eat on Mon/Sat, Steep ticket discounts on Tue, Wed, Thur night...parking is $15 but that's not terrible when I check most stadiums. If you come down to Miami, you should take in a game at Marlins Park, lot of fun and good folks. 

Let's Go Marlins Let's Go!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Pitchers

Jose Fernandez: Little slow to start, wish he would just throw gas at times instead of trying to get cute. This guy has that little extra, he also IMO is not in top physical shape. I watch him pitch from the 1st bag, from behind home plate, he has the stuff others dream of having as big league pitchers. I think though as he ages that he will pack on weight and have some issues when he comes into his 30s. I hope I'm wrong but he looks like he lives down on Calle Ocho when not at the park. Overall this guy is a stud and #1 Ace written all over him and has the numbers to back it. 1 earned run and 22 Ks his last 14 innings, that's just downright nasty. 

Wei Yin Chen: I think he would make a better #3 pitcher, almost never tosses shutouts that I can see but a quality pitcher that can get you 6-7 innings, 2-4 runs depending on the night, you have a better than 50/50 chance if you get a little run support. I think Chen would be an ideal #3 on a pitching staff with high expectations or post season but even in the post season you wouldn't want Chen to be relied on for more than 1 start in a Series IMO...Nice pitcher, I see him winning 12-13 games this season with the Marlins. Chen is getting $10-$12M a season and knowing what SP makes around the league, Miami got a good deal here but he is a far cry from a stud #1 or anything. 

Adam Conley: He is a work in progress but one that is getting better and better. He started about 10-12 games in 2015 for Miami and he is now a steady in the rotation. big Lefty that gets K's and you would be blind if you didn't see some similarities to a young Randy Johnson. He isn't RJ yet and likely cannot fill those big shoes but he is in that mold if you will. If he can take it to the next level and be consistent, this eventually could be the Miami #1 on their roster. I love this kid and he has the right attitude, I hope he continues to grow. Opposing teams are having their hands full with him. Big lefty and we need this kid long term. 

Tom Koehler: He has been the #4/5 starter for Miami quite a while now. His ERA bounces around a lot.  he will have a good outing and then a bad one. His last 5-7 starts he has 5IP/1er, 5.2IP/1er, 5IP/2er, 6.1/2, 7/1...so that's 5 pretty good quality starts out of the last 7 and then you have 2 others where he allowed 5 runs and 8 in a total of about 5 innings pitched so you can see he also struggles. But Koehler is at best our #4 and he probably can be a 4/5 pitcher on most staffs in MLB but he likely isn't going to elevate to a #2 anytime soon. He pitched today, 3 ER in 7 innings, Marlins are down 3-2 right now, he keeps you in the ball game a lot. 

Justin Nicolino is our current #5 and has a mix of good and bad. Pitched a no hitter thru about 7 innings his 1st time out. He struggles in Ks so he doesn't get out of troubling innings as easy as say Jose or Adam do. Cosart was our 5th starter, he is in AAA New Orleans right now but I expect him to come back to the Marlins this season. 

I believe Miami is perhaps 1 pitcher form being super strong in the 1-2-3-4 spots. If Miami is competitive in the standings come middle of the season, I can see them renting an arm for the stretch run or rest of 2016. The Marlins have a small window before salaries will blow this team apart, they have a track record of winning if they make the post season. Miami could get into a spot where they must push all in for 2016, let's see what happens. 

In 5 of his last 7 starts, Koehler has allowed a total of 7 ERs over 28 IP, 2.25 ERA...when he's good he's good...so cliche I know. 

I will be at Marlins Park on Sat Night-Jose Fernandez and I expect the largest crowd since opening game at Marlins Park. 

Also looking forward to the day game on Tuesday vs TB...I'm off/out right now from school and wife away this next week, might take in a game or two over at the Trop. Rays come in M/T, we go there W/R, Tropicana Field is a fine place to watch Baseball and hide from the Florida heat. Day games on both T and R both parks. 

The Pirates games in P.R. were moved back here so in 2 weeks the Pirates will be here for a 4 game stint M thru R and I want to see McCutch a few times. 

Mattingly/Bonds...love them both, glad they're here. Best managed team we have had since Jack McKeon. Nieves the pitching coach also doing solid work IMO. 

Bonds got jeered because of PEDs/Gordon, haha fine. But the entire line up is hitting much better, feels like he is rubbing off on them in  pretty good way. Marcel Ozuna has been on a tear of late. 17 or 18 game hitting streak now.

Yelich/Stanton/Ozuna/Bour in the 3-6 spots look pretty strong right now. 

I'm going this Sunday, Ichiro Suzuki bobble-head day.

Where did you buy the tickets that were two rows behind the dugout for $25?

I'm going this Sunday, Ichiro Suzuki bobble-head day.

Where did you buy the tickets that were two rows behind the dugout for $25?
@greedygoat

I just walked up to the Box Office and they were on sale. Sect 7 l believe runs right next to the Visitor's dugout. Same seat or section this weekend is about triple if not more. 

I would look online at Marlins.com but don't buy them except at BO as you will save a lot on fees and ticketmaster, etc...whatever the price of the ticket that's what it is. And I lied, it was $27.  

Mon thru Thurs you can get some sweet deals. If you go to the box office, have the targeted sections you want written down. 

Have fun on Sunday, should be Conley or Chen. I am going Saturday but I doubt I will sit very close, might just grab the Lexus Level-2nd level and watch it there. 

Ichiro came up that night to pinch hit, he made it on base and I got a couple real nice photos of him in uniform in the ready to go pose, wife thinks he's adorable. Wife likes a lot of the Marlins, kinda worried. 

@greedygoat

I just walked up to the Box Office and they were on sale. Sect 7 l believe runs right next to the Visitor's dugout. Same seat or section this weekend is about triple if not more. 

I would look online at Marlins.com but don't buy them except at BO as you will save a lot on fees and ticketmaster, etc...whatever the price of the ticket that's what it is. And I lied, it was $27.  

Mon thru Thurs you can get some sweet deals. If you go to the box office, have the targeted sections you want written down. 

Have fun on Sunday, should be Conley or Chen. I am going Saturday but I doubt I will sit very close, might just grab the Lexus Level-2nd level and watch it there. 

Ichiro came up that night to pinch hit, he made it on base and I got a couple real nice photos of him in uniform in the ready to go pose, wife thinks he's adorable. Wife likes a lot of the Marlins, kinda worried. 
Don't worry, they'll get traded away if they're any good

Marlins win 3-2 last night, improve to 3 games over .500 and that's as far as hey have gone so far this season. I was at Tuesday Night's 3-1 win with Fernandez. Got to sit Sec.18 1st row right before Loria's little area in the field club. Got to almost reach out and touch Barry Bonds and Mattingly as they sat on the outskirts of the dugout, great seats if you ever go there.

I wish the Marlins could run full strength for a while. Their schedule after the Mets series looks pretty favorable as they spread out thru June although many of the games are on the road.  Stanton is hitting about as bad as I have seen him. Hopefully he breaks out of the slump but everyone is pitching him inside and he is allowing pitchers to have their way with him, struckout twice last night. 

The potential of this team with 3-4-5-6 looking something like Yelich-Stanton-Ozuna-Bour with decent hitters around them, Miami should not have a problem scoring runs. They have solid defense at SS/3B side, Dietrich is no Dee Gordon but he tries awful hard and is still batting around .300 in Gordon's suspension. DD has a bruised wrist, Rojas likely to see action now. Ichiro seems to be finding some gas in the tank. 

Fernandez-Conley-Chen-Koehler: Jose makes this group look a lot better than it is. Conley has real potential, he is going against the better teams and doing well. Chen allows a lot of hits and BBs, and his ERA is a good run higher than it was in the AL which seems goofy. Koehler will look good one outing and terrible the next one then just OK the next time out then terrible then good, it's a roller coaster and that's why he is a No4/5 rotation type.  

AJ Ramos: Just a matter of time until he starts blowing saves. He walks a guy every time to open his role as closer. I know he Ks a lot of guys but he also puts Miami in some terrible spots. 

Marlins win 3-2 last night, improve to 3 games over .500 and that's as far as hey have gone so far this season. I was at Tuesday Night's 3-1 win with Fernandez. Got to sit Sec.18 1st row right before Loria's little area in the field club. Got to almost reach out and touch Barry Bonds and Mattingly as they sat on the outskirts of the dugout, great seats if you ever go there.

The potential of this team with 3-4-5-6 looking something like Yelich-Stanton-Ozuna-Bour with decent hitters around them, Miami should not have a problem scoring runs. They have solid defense at SS/3B side, Dietrich is no Dee Gordon but he tries awful hard and is still batting around .300 in Gordon's suspension. DD has a bruised wrist, Rojas likely to see action now. Ichiro seems to be finding some gas in the tank. 
How much did you pay for those seats?  Did you get them at the ticket office right before the game like you had in the past?

That was some shot Dietrich took last night.  I would've bet he definitely broke a bone in his arm/wrist.  Glad to hear it's just a bruise.

How much did you pay for those seats?  Did you get them at the ticket office right before the game like you had in the past?

That was some shot Dietrich took last night.  I would've bet he definitely broke a bone in his arm/wrist.  Glad to hear it's just a bruise.
Walked up about 3 in the afternoon at the ticket booth and paid $32 day of...would have been $30 a couple days or even 1 day prior. It pays to go to Marlins.com and then pull up the seat map that has all the empty seats and then go to the box office and just tell them exact row and seat you want...very likely to still be there when you buy the tickets. I save all the ticketmaster BS costs. They don't add any ticket charges on top unlike the Miami Dolphins who would prefer you not visit the stadium for tickets. 

On Marlins site you want to click on "interactive seat map" button...you'll see when you log on but you can view what the box office is looking at. Saves a lot of time and aggravation. 

Now the Mets roll in this weekend and that will be a lot more per ticket, like double/triple.

Tonight the tickets are a little more than the Tuesday Night deals so I would grab a $27 seat in Sec 7, row 20 or whatever 1B area...you can scoot that down into the 1st 7-8 rows in that section just before the $47 seats closer to the field. That's a good deal and those are good seats. 

And the Marlins drop 2 of 3 over the weekend to the Mets. 

A sensational outing on Sunday by Jose Fernandez who continues to put up jaw drop type numbers. 

60+ Ks in his last 41 innings pitched. An ERA over his last 6 starts of something under 1.00 ERA, well under I might add like maybe 0.69 or something.

8-0 in his last 8 starts. 

But the Marlins overall look like a .500 team with 1 really good pitcher who makes them look overall a lot stronger than they truly are. 30-27 now on the season, a solid road trip of 9 games the next week and a half, all winnable type games vs Twins, D-Backs, and Rockies, Marlins should be going for 6-3 on the road trip, should win all 3 series if they are playing up to their ability.

Marlins are 16-11 on the road this season.  

Tom Koehler pitched a good outing vs Syndegard Fri Night but the Marlins BP ended up losing that game 6-2 after being handed a 2-2 tie in the 6th/7th. 

Sat Night again the Marlins had a lead 3-2 and David Phelps let it get away with a 2 run inning and they end up dropping it 6-4. 

6-2, 6-4 they lose the 1st two games and then win 1-0 Sunday...bullpen needs help and they don't score enough runs despite loading up the bases a lot. Not sure where they rank for LOB but I bet they leave a ton on, have to be over the MLB avg on this and not in a good way obviously. 

Miami is up 3-1 and looking to sweep to salvage the road trip at 5-4. Fernandez dropped a game and will be pushed back a start to manage his innings. He won't pitch again until Atlanta. 

Giancarlo Stanton continues to take days off and is in a dire slump at this point, just doesn't look like himself at the plate, not sure what happened to him. 

Yelich continues to look great

Ichiro ties Pete Rose depending on how you look at it. He is starting to take on a life of his own, definitely a feel good story for a guy his age holding off Father Time. 

Conley will start Friday vs Colorado, Sat Chen, Sun Koehler who looked good his last few starts. 2.89 ERA over his last 50 innings, 20Ks/3BB over his last 3 starts. 

3-2 now...

The Marlins improve to 5 games over .500, they look to sweep a 4 game series against Colorado tonight but Paul Clemens has been called up to pitch. He has an ERA over 4 in the minors, that doesn't sound good. Handful of starts for Houston a couple years ago and mostly got rocked. Justin Nicolino sent down, despite a few decent starts here and there it's tough to envision him making it long term. 

Miami would be one of the 2 wildcard teams if the season ended today. Have no delusions, this team is probably the worst of the playoff contending teams at the moment. But when and if Stanton gets back to his old self to join Ozuna and Yelich to make one of the most dynamic outfields and remain consistent, that's the key to them being able to sustain this. 

Every time I post they tend to lose so you can bank on the Rockies tonight. The Braves visit Tue/Wed and Miami has done poorly vs Atl. Then it's a 4 game series vs the Cubs, hard to hope for much better than a split there and that might be dreaming the way the Cubs are playing. So even if Miami does the crazy and runs it up to 40 wins before Chicago rolls thru, it's likely the Cubs will squeeze the air out of the balloon.

Marlins will need to figure out when and if they need to rent an arm for the 2nd half of the season, I would say for sure. Miami has an NL Leading Batting Avg .272 however that doesn't always equate to runs. They mimic the Royals in that regard. Cubs, Mets, Dodgers, Giants, Nationals, all of them are South of 3.50 ERA, in fact some are much further down than that and Miami sits at 4.00, not terrible by any means but not nearly in the same league as the others. They are riding Fernandez and then it's a mix of good and terrible depending on the night. 

Go Fish! 

2 out of 3 from the Cubs, let's see if Fernandez can make it 3 of 4 and give folks something to discuss as the Marlins are still in the thick of the race and it's almost the All Star Break, something must be cooking. 

Justin Boar has been on a tear and Stanton starting to show signs of life. 

You can't pitch around Ichiro-Prado-Yelich-Ozuna-Stanton-Boar...that's a pretty thick 1 thru 6 and then you have guys like Dietrich and Hecc in the 7 and 8 hole, let's go Phish!

The Marlins while on the upswing are a work in progress and I think that's the biggest difference between them and Wash/NYM/CHI/SF/LAD...those teams have all seen the post season and many of them have had success or won post season series and the Marlins are sort of growing up before our eyes. Some of their moves have come full circle but Justin Boar has turned into a real find/steal. 

Wish list

1. 1 more starting pitcher. Fernandez has a limit on the season, Conley is in his 1st full season, Chen has an ERA of 5.00 and Koehler is a decent No 4 but not anyone you want to send out in a playoff game. Miami could actually use 2. 

2. 1 more really solid option in bull pen. Phelps is good but he also has blown 4 save opps and also blown a few holds, he is good but I don't trust him. And even Ramos despite not blowing his save opps looks shaky at times. Miami is being mentioned as a buyer in trade rumors for the bullpen, I think it would be wise to spend some money there.

3. Not any player additions but it would be nice if Stanton would get back on track and lock in for 2016, that would make this team lethal. Also would be nice if they could raise their RISP avg despite having several .300 hitters littering the top of the line up. 

Road trip the next 2 weeks starts at Detroit. 

Marlins infield on 26 game error free run

The Miami Marlins know how to minimize mistakes on the defensive end, and the infield has put together the best stretch of defensive ball in over a century.

According to STATS LLC, per Patrick Pinak of MLB.com, Miami’s infield hasn’t recorded an error in 26 straight games. The last time they botched a play was way back to May 30. The current error-free stretch is the best in MLB since 1913, per the report.

It’s not just the infield balling out, either. The entire defense has committed just three errors in the month of June. Needless to say, manager Don Mattingly is extremely happy with his unit’s performance of late, especially since it didn’t exactly get off to a hot start.

“The defense has been really good,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. “We seemed shaky early, but we really kind of hit our stride. Martin [Prado’s] unbelievable at third. [Adeiny Hechavarria], obviously, he’s been one of those guys on the Gold Glove list the last few years. Derek’s been solid. [Justin Bour] been fine at first. We’ve been a pretty good defensive club, and we thought we would be.”

Not surprisingly, being that baseball players are a superstitious lot, pitcher Jose Hernandez knocked on wood when he was told of the feat and quipped, “Don’t say that again,” per Pinak.

That said, Hernandez lauded the work his infielders have put in to perform at such a high level during games.

“It’s great. You guys probably see it a lot. They come here early. They do early work. When we’re hitting BP they’re catching ground balls.”

Marlins fans surely hope they continue to see this unit continue to shine as the second half of the season creeps closer. Just three games behind the Washington Nationals in the National League East, Miami has a chance to overtake their slumping rival with pitcher Stephen Strasburg on the DL.

47-41 at the ALL Star Break

The key to the 2nd half of the season will be the continued quality starts from Fernandez and Conley plus keeping those bats warm. Barry Bonds is going to have suitors in MLB quickly, I hope he decides or is encouraged to stay in Miami for beyond this season. His leadership plus Mattingly obviously has made a remarkable difference vs what the Marlins did just last season. It's shocking they got Mattingly to sign with them IMHO. It would seem to indicate the Marlins want to try and make a run not just this year but perhaps for the next couple to get some folks in the seats again, it's still pretty sparse despite the team being well worth the price of admission. 

Miami was able to get Rodney from San Diego, he looked a little shaky when he first touched down here but is settling in nicely and makes a great set up guy fro Ramos and also can step in and produce saves himself, Ramos is not as dominant as some might think, he gets himself in trouble and I don't fully trust the guy. Barraclough and Phelps become your 7th/8th inning guys to hold the leads. 

Wei Yin Chen: not sure if Miami can trade this guy and what they could get in return but they need an upgrade at pitching. He has a nice price point for a lot of teams. His ERA is too high and he hasn't looked dominant much this season. Wishful thinking perhaps but I wouldn't put it past the marlins to send this guy off if they can upgrade or add some salary and snag someone off one of these teams not going anywhere. Miami is a buyer not seller right now. 

Gincarlo Stanton: Seems like he is launching the ball more, maybe the HR Derby was just what he needed to boost some confidence. A decrease in Ks would be a major plus for him 2nd half of the season.  

'17 ASG launch on 7-27.  Pretty cool logo which as usual will include some bright colors.

Always a fun location, but I'm not real high on it coming off SD, which is the perfect host.

I can see Loria now....watching the red carpet parade, from his own private box, like Hitler looking over the opening Olympic ceremonies in '36

Marlins infield on 26 game error free run

The Miami Marlins know how to minimize mistakes on the defensive end, and the infield has put together the best stretch of defensive ball in over a century.

According to STATS LLC, per Patrick Pinak of MLB.com, Miami’s infield hasn’t recorded an error in 26 straight games. The last time they botched a play was way back to May 30. The current error-free stretch is the best in MLB since 1913, per the report.

It’s not just the infield balling out, either. The entire defense has committed just three errors in the month of June. Needless to say, manager Don Mattingly is extremely happy with his unit’s performance of late, especially since it didn’t exactly get off to a hot start.

“The defense has been really good,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. “We seemed shaky early, but we really kind of hit our stride. Martin [Prado’s] unbelievable at third. [Adeiny Hechavarria], obviously, he’s been one of those guys on the Gold Glove list the last few years. Derek’s been solid. [Justin Bour] been fine at first. We’ve been a pretty good defensive club, and we thought we would be.”

Not surprisingly, being that baseball players are a superstitious lot, pitcher Jose Hernandez knocked on wood when he was told of the feat and quipped, “Don’t say that again,” per Pinak.

That said, Hernandez lauded the work his infielders have put in to perform at such a high level during games.

“It’s great. You guys probably see it a lot. They come here early. They do early work. When we’re hitting BP they’re catching ground balls.”

Marlins fans surely hope they continue to see this unit continue to shine as the second half of the season creeps closer. Just three games behind the Washington Nationals in the National League East, Miami has a chance to overtake their slumping rival with pitcher Stephen Strasburg on the DL.
Hernandez?

Marlins fight back to overcome a terrible 4th inning by Chen who somehow managed to make it thru 6 innings. Phelps ends up blowing the game again. Over his last 8 games in relief he has an ERA of well over 6.00 including 3 blown leads. 

Marlins allow 4 HRs and still manage to scratch out a win. Koehler and Conley will take the hill Sat and Sun for the Marlins, Bour scheduled back later this road trip. 

Miami manages to take the series @ St Louis with a 6-3 win today after Wainwright threw a 3 hitter on us yesterday. Conley again gives a solid performance. ERA around 2.75 over his last 5 starts. Stanton is hitting over .300 in July.

Miami is limited right now only by their starting pitching. It's pretty dicey after Fernandez and Adam Conley has done very well but remember this is his 1st full season. Chen and Koehler continue to spot teams too many runs. 

49-42

Chen hits the 15 day DL

Cosart called up from AAA-NO to pitch tonight. 

:yucky:

We are now rolling the likes of Conley-Urena-Cosart-Koehler behind Fernandez...I'm not sure who the true No 2 guy is in this rotation. Miami will need a lot of run support and they don't score a lot of runs. 

I looked at St Louis, they have a much better starting rotation 1-5 vs most of the other WC type teams. Marlins might fade down the stretch if injuries start mounting. Justin Bour is needed back ASAP. 

So easy to hit the ball when there isn't much riding, right Yelich?

1 on 1 out Bot 8th, double play to end the inning, nice job Mr Clutch. 

Sincerely,

Middle aged out of shape guy living in the 80s. 

Miami trades 2015 1st round pick and minor league standout Josh Naylor for Andrew Cashner...oh boy. 

Cashner is 10-23 with about a 4.50 ERA over his last 47 starts...Miami has Tom Koehler who is pitching better than that. 

Both Cashner and Koehler are set to be free agents in 2017 if my info is correct.

This seems like a bad move on first glance. Right now you have Chen on the DL and then Urena, Cosart, Miami got fleeced here.  

Cashner and Rea for Naylor, L.Castillo(good looking pitcher), and J.Cosart who I'm not sure is much worse than Cashner that the Padres are sending...

Loria got taken to the cleaners on these deals, farm system completely empty now...

I don't think Miami is good enough but we're going to find out quickly. 

1. J.Fernandez 2. Andrew Cashner 3. Adam Conley 4. Tom Koehler 5. Colin Rea/J.Urena

6. Wei-Yen Chen on 15 day DL 

Marlins manage to salvage the 4 game series with a walk off run in the 9th and split the 4 games up 2 a piece. 

Miami will remain 1 game ahead of St Louis for the final spot in the playoffs. 

Marlins like last night were able to jump out early but to St Louis credit they never give up and Marlins lucky they didn't lose the series and real ground in the playoffs. 

Dodgers

Marlins

St Louis 1 GB

Mets 3 GB

Miami will go up against the Cubs now for 3 games in Chicago starting tomorrow night, Koehler takes his 8-8 record to face Kyle Hendricks. 

After facing St Louis for 4 games, the teams feel somewhat even but St Louis has a lot more power and pop at times, they can hit the long ball where miami has to string things together over longer innings. 57-48, on we go!

Vs WAS 5-7

Vs NYM 5-7

vs SF 1-2

vs CHI, StL, Pitt, LAD, CO...15-6 going into the series with the Cubs tonight.

11-16 vs 2 Div Leaders plus a team who is 3 games back right now and not playing great baseball. 

15-6 vs all the other teams that likely factor into the wildcard spot minus the Cubs who will win the division by everyone's estimation. 

Just got an email from the Marlins regarding Ichiro's 3,000th hit.  They are offering seats in the section right behind home plate for $30.00 each. 

Link

Just bought 5 for tonight's game, Fernandez vs. Cueto, in section 15.

*Offer is only good through 11:59pm Friday August 12

Just got an email from the Marlins regarding Ichiro's 3,000th hit.  They are offering seats in the section right behind home plate for $30.00 each. 

Link

Just bought 5 for tonight's game, Fernandez vs. Cueto, in section 15.

*Offer is only good through 11:59pm Friday August 12
I'm sure you will/are enjoy that. It's now the 13th Inning so I bet there is gonna be quite a story. 

These seats are likely in the back 10 rows or so of each of the infield sections. What folks tend to do is buy those and try to scoot down closer for home games. You can't beat them for $30 or whatever the team is running them for. 

Tuesday night you can get amazing seats in the first 10 rows of those same sections for about $35...$30 a few rows off 1st if you like that area. 

Wed is a day game, tickets will be similar to Tue Night Deals n Steals. 

Stanton due up, maybe he can end it one swing. 

Stanton out for the season...

$300M?

I know they needed to lock him up and many teams would love to have this guy, almost every team...but you simply cannot rely on him to finish a season it seems. If it's not one thing it's another. 

Marlins will now miss the post season and traded a lot of future prospects for very little now time. 

Marlins manage to sweep the Pirates, still no chance to really catch the Cards without Stanton but they are a game and a half back. 

The Fish are back home to play KC and SD this week. 

St Louis 66-57

Miami 65-59

Users who are viewing this thread