What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Miami QB Speculation (1 Viewer)

Who will be the QB?

• Gus Frerotte

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Griese

• Sage Rosenfeld

• Drew Brees

• Daunte Culpepper

• Chad Pennington

• Kerry Collins

• Joshn McCown

• Aaron Brooks

• Jay Cutler

• Other

• Total voters
I voted Kerry Collins. Seems like a good fit.

I'd pick Brees second.

Just don't see Culpepper leaving Minnesota.

I think Brees is the class of the QB market, and will have his pick of several teams. Putting that together with the perception by many that the Fins are a QB away from serious contention, I think Brees = A Fin in short order.

I think Brees is the class of the QB market, and will have his pick of several teams. Putting that together with the perception by many that the Fins are a QB away from serious contention, I think Brees = A Fin in short order.
How confident are you that Brees is out of San Diego?

I'm not entirely confident; it would seem in both parties best interest to try to come to an agreement before the deadline [March 3rd, right?]; and all this public discussion of San Diego not tagging him, etc... could be posturing from both sides.

The rumor that comes out the more often is McNair and he is not even on your list !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not entirely confident; it would seem in both parties best interest to try to come to an agreement before the deadline [March 3rd, right?]; and all this public discussion of San Diego not tagging him, etc... could be posturing from both sides.
All that is true. Given the mishandling of Gates last year with the "deadline" / 1 game suspension, I would hope that the Charger Front Office learned their lesson.

The rumor that comes out the more often is McNair and he is not even on your list !!!!
Apparently 15 people thing you're wrong.I got most of them - and there is an "other" option.

Try decaf.

I like McCown.

Brees' shoulder concerns me.

McNair = too old.

Culpepper's knee really concerns me, not to mention his character and ability.

Cutler will need a year or more to develop.

McCown would be cheap and has shown an ability to win ball games. He had better receivers in Arizona (although Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael are no scrubbs and there is always the TO possibility -- which if we added TO, our group of receivers would leap frog Arizona's), but he also had no running game to speak of there -- and STILL managed to win ball games. Here, he would have a stud RB in Ronnie Brown..

Assuming Brees is done in San Diego and the $$$ is the same from teams interested.

If I'm Drew Brees why would I want to go anywhere else but Miami?

He'll get to play with an up and coming team, as opposed to the Jets who are looking at rebuilding.

He'll get to play in sunny Florida, as opposed to Detroit.

Knows Houck is taking care of the Oline which in turn will protect his ####.

Has pieces in place - McMichael, Chambers and the Big Ole Stone.

Brees in Miami makes a lot of sense. Miami does not have cap problems. They will easily find room for this former Pro Bowl QB.

San Diego just letting him walk and getting nothing in return is just ugly.

And BOO to the people that voted for Aaron Brooks.

Must be Saints fans or rival AFC East teams wanting Brooks to wind up in Miami.

Brooks is a loser. I'd rather have Gus Frerotte for another year.

I like McCown.

Brees' shoulder concerns me.

McNair = too old.

Culpepper's knee really concerns me, not to mention his character and ability.

Cutler will need a year or more to develop.

McCown would be cheap and has shown an ability to win ball games. He had better receivers in Arizona (although Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael are no scrubbs and there is always the TO possibility -- which if we added TO, our group of receivers would leap frog Arizona's), but he also had no running game to speak of there -- and STILL managed to win ball games. Here, he would have a stud RB in Ronnie Brown..
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread