What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michelle, My Belle. These Are Words That Go Together Well. My Michelle. (1 Viewer)

I do, actually. It's probably a terrible decision, but it's at least mine, 
I don't think it's terrible.  Everyone has favorite B-Sides from great bands.

I used to own a U2 CD single from Germany that was "All I Want Is You" an "Everlasting Love" cover and my favorite U2 cover of all time (and favorite version in existence of) "Unchained Melody."

I don't think it's terrible.  Everyone has favorite B-Sides from great bands.

I used to own a U2 CD single from Germany that was "All I Want Is You" an "Everlasting Love" cover and my favorite U2 cover of all time (and favorite version in existence of) "Unchained Melody."
Thanks, Henry. Yeah, B-Sides can be great. 

Wasn't "Wouldn't It Be Nice" a B-Side?

Or am I dreaming?

Thanks, Henry. Yeah, B-Sides can be great. 

Wasn't "Wouldn't It Be Nice" a B-Side?

Or am I dreaming?
"God Only Knows" was the B-side to "Wouldn't It Be Nice."  They're in my dad's jukebox.

Edit: Along with the greatest somewhat racist song of all time, "Please, Mr. Custer."

Last edited by a moderator:
"God Only Knows" was the B-side to "Wouldn't It Be Nice."  They're in my dad's jukebox.

Edit: Along with the greatest somewhat racist song of all time, "Please, Mr. Custer."
Yeah, I corrected. 

Is that the "Please Mr. Custer" song? Please Mr. Custer, I don't wanna go....

My father sang that song to me, too.  

Yeah, I corrected. 

Is that the "Please Mr. Custer" song? Please Mr. Custer, I don't wanna go....

My father sang that song to me, too.  
Yep.  

Hey, Mr. Custer-you mind if I be excused the rest of the afternoon?
Hey charlie, duck yer head! 
Hm, you're a little bit late on that one, charlie
Ooh, I bet that smarts!

That song was playing when I had my first beer with my father.  At age seven.

Yes, that's the sort of person who listens to that song.
Henry, I'm sorry. That's not what we did in our family. Not a great family, but in need, of course. Sorry to hear that. And by hear, I mean listening, 

Oh, okay. Making fun of your dad is sport in my family, too. 
He showed us how to shoot bottle rockets over the building across the street into the pool you had to have a membership to get into.  When the cops would show up he'd run inside, lock us out for the cops to catch us, and pretend he had been upstairs asleep and we'd done it all on our own.

He showed us how to shoot bottle rockets over the building across the street into the pool you had to have a membership to get into.  When the cops would show up he'd run inside, lock us out for the cops to catch us, and pretend he had been upstairs asleep and we'd done it all on our own.
Oh my. Mang, if you ever need an ear, here, 

We had a local FD across the street from my grandmother's house, which is where we spent every 4th of July when I was growing up. One year, me and a friend were in the far end of the back yard, closest to the FD, and launching bottle rockets in it's direction. When my dad came out and asked us "What they hell are you doing? What if it catches on fire?" we replied with "Who's better equipped to handle such a situation than the FD?" 

That didn't go over very well.  

We had a local FD across the street from my grandmother's house, which is where we spent every 4th of July when I was growing up. One year, me and a friend were in the far end of the back yard, closest to the FD, and launching bottle rockets in it's direction. When my dad came out and asked us "What they hell are you doing? What if it catches on fire?" we replied with "Who's better equipped to handle such a situation than the FD?" 

That didn't go over very well.  
My dad is a pyromaniac.  Like, if he hadn't become a lawyer, he would definitely be an arsonist.  He might be anyway, and just got away with it all his life.  He was on a first name basis with all of the members of his local fire department for years because about once a year a fire he'd set in his yard would just go insanely out of control.

My little sister went on a school trip to the fire station in middle school, and they all introduced themselves to the fire captain and learned about fire safety.  Cool little trip.  when she introduced herself, the captain said "Wait, Ford?  Are you Jack Ford's daughter?" 

"Yeah!" 

He apparently looked at his crew and they all burst out laughing and he told the teacher to "keep an eye on this one.  Keep her away from matches."

You know, @rockaction, if you turned this into a thread telling stories about our fathers from when we were young, it could legitimately run forever on this board.
Love to go with you there, just didn't think I was going there. It was a pun on a rhyme, but if you want to take it there, then by all means. I've been thinking a lot about my father, too, 

Users who are viewing this thread