What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies - Artist - Round 3 - #25's have been posted! (11 Viewers)

29.ee - Strand of Oaks - "Bug" (2021)

Since all the cool kids were putting covers on their lists, I thought I'd do the same. Strand of Oaks has a handful to choose from that reflect Tim's diverse tastes in music. He covered Moby and 60s folk singer Michael Hurley for Lagniappe Sessions in 2011 and then returned eight years later with covers of Phish, Primal Scream and The Stone Roses. He recorded a couple of Jason Molina songs for his side-project with surviving members of Magnolia Electric Co. He's also contributed to a couple of tribute albums with a version of Joanna Newsom's "81" and this Phish song.

The original version of "Bug" is from Phish's 2000 album Farmhouse. I don't know much about the band even though Spotify now gives me Phish recommendations but the song didn't make the @shuke Phish 31 list. Tim became a Phish head after attending both of the band's Wrigley Field shows in 2017. His version ups the tempo a little and stretches it out to eight minutes with some psychedelic guitar noodling and Krautrock synth textures, both of which we'll hear more of as the countdown continues. I chose this over the other Strand covers because the final three minutes or so take on a blissful almost dancey vibe that anticipates the latest musical direction of his career.

The Sweet

#29 - Jeanie

Producer - Phil Wainman
Writer - The Sweet
Chart Positions - B Side to Poppa Joe, which was a UK #11, West German #3 and Australian #70
Album - Funny How Sweet Co-Co Can Be
Year - 1971
Lead Vocal - Brian Connolly
Steve Priest Vocal - Backing only
Notes - Oddly this track has its own promo clip. To me that suggests it was being earmarked as the bands next single before coming on board to Chinn/Chapman. Song is harmless bubblegum fluff, but its written by the band. One of their earliest songs that showcases their songwriting and wildly different from the other B Sides from them which were much harder in sound.

Next Up
- An early B side that showcased the sound the band wanted to do. Its an A side to a really naff Chinn/Chapman song that was a hit, but wont make my list. After earlier attempts on the B Sides didnt quite hit the mark, this one did and makes the list. The band make a strong case that Queen stole their sound and one of their most well know songs from this track.

Just caught up on the #30s. As I mentioned with the #31s, my own mood can really affect how I hear these songs, and in this case I'm in a much better mood than I was for the #31s, so I was able to find lots of faves.

A few special shout-outs:
"Harder Love" by Strand of Oaks gets the honor of being the name of my playlist of new-to-me faves from this countdown, as I continue the tradition of naming the playlist after the first song that makes it. This was a pretty big wow. and I was transfixed by the bass line.
"Lit from Underneath" by Andrew Bird - I lost track of a lot of his music after we left Chicago, and this was one I shouldn't have missed. It was stunning.
"Spider" by Oingo Boingo - I don't know what I expected from them, but it wasn't this. Great stuff.
"Townie" by Mitski makes her two-for-two for me. Yes, a female artist. I think this is @Ilov80s , and he also got me into a lot of Big Thief!
"Gravedigger" by Dave Matthews - with apologies to @Hawks64 because he's probably drafted this before and I'd forgotten. This was breathtaking.

Other new-to-me favorites from this playlist:
"Rock and Roll Survivors" by Fanny; "Raining" by Susanna Hoffs; "The Devil Never Sleeps" by Iron & Wine; "Stoney" by Jerry Jeff Walker; "In the Stone" by EWF.

Also a shout-out to "Gonna Make It Alone" by Ronnie Dio, which was a ton of fun.

29.ee - Strand of Oaks - "Bug" (2021)

Since all the cool kids were putting covers on their lists, I thought I'd do the same. Strand of Oaks has a handful to choose from that reflect Tim's diverse tastes in music. He covered Moby and 60s folk singer Michael Hurley for Lagniappe Sessions in 2011 and then returned eight years later with covers of Phish, Primal Scream and The Stone Roses. He recorded a couple of Jason Molina songs for his side-project with surviving members of Magnolia Electric Co. He's also contributed to a couple of tribute albums with a version of Joanna Newsom's "81" and this Phish song.

The original version of "Bug" is from Phish's 2000 album Farmhouse. I don't know much about the band even though Spotify now gives me Phish recommendations but the song didn't make the @shuke Phish 31 list. Tim became a Phish head after attending both of the band's Wrigley Field shows in 2017. His version ups the tempo a little and stretches it out to eight minutes with some psychedelic guitar noodling and Krautrock synth textures, both of which we'll hear more of as the countdown continues. I chose this over the other Strand covers because the final three minutes or so take on a blissful almost dancey vibe that anticipates the latest musical direction of his career.

The funny thing is, Phish can be wildly experimental with how they write and perform songs, but this is one of their most straightforward ones. Rarely does it get changed much in performance other than extended guitar solos at the end. For that reason some fans consider it a bathroom break song. It certainly doesn’t get “Krautrock synth textures” or anything like that.

Just caught up on the #30s. As I mentioned with the #31s, my own mood can really affect how I hear these songs, and in this case I'm in a much better mood than I was for the #31s, so I was able to find lots of faves.

A few special shout-outs:
"Harder Love" by Strand of Oaks gets the honor of being the name of my playlist of new-to-me faves from this countdown, as I continue the tradition of naming the playlist after the first song that makes it. This was a pretty big wow. and I was transfixed by the bass line.
"Lit from Underneath" by Andrew Bird - I lost track of a lot of his music after we left Chicago, and this was one I shouldn't have missed. It was stunning.
"Spider" by Oingo Boingo - I don't know what I expected from them, but it wasn't this. Great stuff.
"Townie" by Mitski makes her two-for-two for me. Yes, a female artist. I think this is @Ilov80s , and he also got me into a lot of Big Thief!
"Gravedigger" by Dave Matthews - with apologies to @Hawks64 because he's probably drafted this before and I'd forgotten. This was breathtaking.

Other new-to-me favorites from this playlist:
"Rock and Roll Survivors" by Fanny; "Raining" by Susanna Hoffs; "The Devil Never Sleeps" by Iron & Wine; "Stoney" by Jerry Jeff Walker; "In the Stone" by EWF.

Also a shout-out to "Gonna Make It Alone" by Ronnie Dio, which was a ton of fun.
Would that I could go back and hear In the Stone for the first time again.

Ronnie James Dio #29
Artist: Elf
Song: Hoochie Koochie Lady (off Elf, 1974)

(youtube version) Hoochie Koochie Lady

Well, she's handsome
She's got everything a woman could need
And she'll dance some
She can't follow cause she only can lead

There was a temptation here. Should I go with Rainbow, a song that predates the band of the same name? Or maybe Never More, which is the most Dio that Elf ever sounded, if you get my drift? Nah, let’s go with what research says is the best known and most loved Elf song, for what those qualifiers are worth.

Hoochie Koochie Lady is 70s blues rock that could stand up to many songs in the category. Fairly catchy, good guitar work, and oh yeah, there’s the singer. We don’t get the full range of course, but there’s no denying Dio’s voice is helping drive this. Some might say carrying the group, far above it, but eh, decide for yourself there.

Contrary to the images the phrase “hoochie koochie” might draw up, the lady in the song is independent and in control. Not afraid to lead, not afraid to blaze a trail different from what society might expect. Attractive (or at least “handsome”) and dangerous; a possible femme fatale.

Next up on the countdown, a(n animated) frog playing a lute.

#30’s

Hopefully I can keep up to date. I felt this list was slightly down on last time, but still good overall.

*Blue October - Another solid track. In the early stages of a list of an unfamiliar artist you really dont know where the zigs and zags are gonna happen. Nice vibe so far

Fanny - Big fan of the opening 30 seconds and the synth underneath. I will have more to say, although not as much as Pips lol as we go through the vocalists. Liked the first two songs, without falling in love yet. The ingredients are there though.

The Tea Party - Another unusually structured song. We dont get vocals under 1/3 of the way through. Love the style of their first two songs. They are definitely out at the front of the pack of new artists to me. Just waiting for a killer song. This one sort of peters out in the last minute.

Oingo Boingo
This one is a lot more restrained than i was expecting and more “conventional”. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing. We will see as the list progresses

Belle and Sebastian
I was a bit worried about this one and then at the halfway mark it changes tack and becomes a much better song. That one minute in the middle is fantastic. Interestingly another “latter” single from 2013.

*Mitski
Different style totally to the first song. In a seemingly common thread in this thread, the bridge? Is a totally enjoyable detour. I like the #31 better, but this one is plenty good.m

*The Slambovian Circus of Dreams
Harmonica opening filled me with dread. Not as engaging as first song, but its enjoyable without wowing me like #31 did.

**Moody Blues
Im sure I am not the only one who sings along GoNad instead of Go Now to this one. Their breakthru song. Still sounds good 60 years after release. As I noticed this is in chronological order so will notice ones skipped quickly

Stone Temple Pilots
This is one I am familiar with. Always enjoyed although it didn’t please critics and fans alike. This almost reminded me of another song but i could never place my finger on it

Brian Setzer
Very inventive and clever. I always confuse this classical track with the one on Fantasia. Hall of the Mountain King V Night on Bald Mountain. Both great tracks. Not that this is a classical track once Mr Seltzer gets his hands on it. Nice.

Curtis Mayfield
How romantic is this one? Beautiful.

Bryan Ferry
Another mid eighties Ferry number that sets this list nicely. Follows on great from Curtis Mayfield too.

Strand of Oaks
Has an Arcade Fire vibe. Hopefully less pretentious. Different to the first one. Now im on my toes as for what to expect next.

Dave Matthews Band
Not sure what the ring a round of posies in the middle was all about, but after having admittedly low expectations for this artist, they have at least been exceeded. Looking forward to 29-1

Mazzy Star
I figured out the song I know. Who knows when we will see it, but this list is starting nicely. Im curious how many people put an attention getter at #31 and the list starts at #30 or two attention getters to start etc? The process of curating lists fascinates me.

Kenny Chesney

Two songs in and im not reaching for the sick bucket or skip button. A good sign. Lets hope it continues

Beach Boys
Another familiar song. Good stuff. Sloop John B is still better lol

Susanna Hoffs
Wow this one is really good. Beautifully done. So much better than the cover at #31.

Judas Priest
I talk about Turbo Lover at #31 and here it pops up. So to speak. I just remembered i do know another Judas Priest song. Wonder if we will see it at #29 (Nope as the 29’s have been revealed)

The Cure.
Excuse me while I kiss this guy…… so i dont have to listen to this again. Id rather the Cure not to covers, but is it even really a cover?

Iron and Wine
Similar comment to the #31. Pleasant enough and I can listen to it without a problem. So far. So good

*Jerry Jeff Walker
I quite like the delivery here. Not fully on board with the music, but he has my attention. I am looking forward to seeing where this list heads as the sound is good, the delivery well and there seems to be a little humor as well.

*The Doors
Not really engaging with this one. I know better is coming though

Earth, Wind and Fire
This is just so easy to listen to. Thats a compliment. Not easy listening music which can be an insult. This is just a pleasure to listen to.

Destroyer
Seems a different artist than the first song. Did they get Peter Hook in for this one? Joy Division/New Order style thats for sure. I am liking the variety. Like the first one better, but this has definite charm.

*Andrew Bird
This is such a lovely instrumental. i played it 5 times when i didn’t have to

*Steve Albini
This wasnt the sonic assault #31 was and its quite good. Much shorter too. Interested in whats next

Dio
What?
I felt I was listening to Gimme Some Money by This is Spinal Tap before they “changed direction”. Not saying its bad, just very unexpected.

April Wine
If only every rock band got paid for repetition. “This could be the right one” or replace Right with Only. 24 times. Apart from that its catchy and good.

Top 5 Unfamiliar Stuff
Andrew Bird - Lit from Underneath
Susanna Hoffs - Raining
Belle & Sebastian - Your Cover’s Blown
Curtis Mayfield - For Your Precious Love
Destroyer - It’s In Your Heart Now

Top 5 Familiar Stuff
Moody Blues - Go Now
Bryan Ferry - Don’t Stop the Dance
Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda
Judas Priest - Turbo Lover
Stone Temple Pilots - Big Bang Baby

Lion's Mane- Iron and Win
from The Creek that Drank the Cradle (2002)

Love is a scene I render
When you catch me wide awake
Love's a dream you enter
Though I shake and shake and shake you
Love is the best endeavor
Waiting in the lion's mane

Lion's Mane is the opening track from I&W debut album and begins with gentle guitar before Beam’s voice comes in hushed and intimate. The lyrics, about love, are more like poetry. Like many of Beam's earlier works, the power is in its simplicity. This song is great... and the record is truly Brilliant. the making of "The Creek" story goes like this:

Beam grew up in Chapin, South Carolina, a small town about half an hour outside Columbia. As a teenager, he met Michael Bridwell, older brother of future Band Of Horses leader (and future Iron & Wine duet partner) Ben Bridwell. That would become a crucial connection in the early 2000s, when Ben, who was by then enmeshed in the Seattle music scene as the drummer for Carissa’s Wierd, passed Beam’s demos on to his friends at Sub Pop. Supposedly, Beam’s original plan was to have Calexico’s Joey Burns and John Convertino flesh out his songs into something a bit more professional, but Sub Pop wisely opted to release the unaltered demos instead. Nothing was going to match the magic of those homemade four-track recordings. The rest, as they say, is history.

Sorry no writeups. Andrew Bird is awesome, rinse repeat.

Here are live performances for my last two picks. Not sure if I will be able to pull off posting live versions of all my selections, but we'll give it a go. Some of the early phone recordings are pretty dicey

Lit from Underneath. Not visually appealing youtube video, but damn do I want watch him live. This whistling, as you might guess, is pure beauty.

Heretics: the guy in the audience nails it: "Hey, your whistling makes me feel food inside." Spoiler alert, no whistling in this tune.

#30’s

Hopefully I can keep up to date. I felt this list was slightly down on last time, but still good overall.

What do the single and double asterisks mean?
Thats my own reference so i know which artists are in no particular order (*) or are chronological (**)
Dio
What?
I felt I was listening to Gimme Some Money by This is Spinal Tap before they “changed direction”. Not saying its bad, just very unexpected.
Dude, I made that joke yesterday! DOES NO ONE READ MY POSTS?????????????? :laugh:
1) In my defence I wrote it before you posted.
2) If I read everything you wrote, I would be a very busy man
3) On the other hand if you and I had the exact same thought, I would consider seeing a professional.
I’m not exactly a stable genius

Stone Temple Pilots
This is one I am familiar with. Always enjoyed although it didn’t please critics and fans alike. This almost reminded me of another song but i could never place my finger on it
A small part of the song sounds like Jumping Jack Flash. For example when they sing Big bang baby, it's a crash, crash, crash.
Oh good call. I never made that connection before.

#30’s

Destroyer
Seems a different artist than the first song. Did they get Peter Hook in for this one? Joy Division/New Order style thats for sure. I am liking the variety. Like the first one better, but this has definite charm.
Nah, he just evolves.

This song is from his most recent album released in 2022. That #31 song is from 2001. Like I said a couple times, he has changed up his musical styles from album to album quite a bit over his 2.5 decades of making music. #29 is also from that 2001 album, though. 3 or 4 more coming from each album. And several songs from a few other different iterations in between.

29. Steve Albini

Big Black -- He's A Whore

There was once a dumb Facebook game that said "Post the Three Fictional Characters That Make Up Your Personality" or some such nonsense.

Mine were Roast Beef, the clinically depressed cat(?) from the Achewood web comic, Elliot Gould's obsessed gambler in the Altman film California Split, and the kid who played Engelberg in the original The Bad News Bears.

To which Steve responded, for good or ill, "Oh yes of course. Jesus yes of course. Checks out."

Well if there were three bands that comprise the musical sensibilities of Steve's bands, you could do a lot worse than the Big Black singles. This one, Cheap Trick's "He's A Whore", along with Kraftwerk's "The Model", and Wire's "Heartbeat" are a fairly accurate refraction of the Big Black prism.

We are concerned now with Cheap Trick's glammy, rockin', hilarious exploraton of a male sex worker's life. I think that the song--especially when Big Black does it--is 100% empathetic with the whore, the working-class representative in the song. It's like a rock version of one of Studs Terkel's vignettes, and, as you will see in the next song, one that Steve pursued throughout his career.

Steve was twice able to fulfill his bucket-list dream of recording Cheap Trick: 1997’s eponymous and woefully ignored Cheap Trick, and a killer re-recording of In Color.

a killer re-recording of In Color.

I heard the leaked versions years ago. I'm usually the type who prefers the originals but I thought the Albini recordings made a great companion. They're a lot more powerful than the rather thin original recordings. Cheap Trick is such a great live act and the rerecorded versions sound like the band is right there in front of you.

Dave MatthewsTau837Lie In Our Graves

"Lie in Our Graves" is a song on the 1996 DMB album Crash. The song blends elements of rock, jazz, and folk, showcasing the band's signature style.

The song is renowned for its extended live performances, often featuring improvisational solos by band members. These live versions can significantly extend the song's length, sometimes lasting over ten minutes, and highlight the band's improvisational skills and on-stage chemistry. DMB has played the song live 883 times, and there are 53 live releases.

The song contemplates life, mortality, and the importance of living fully. The lyrics encourage listeners to seize the moment and appreciate life's experiences before it’s too late. The chorus, "I can't believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well," captures the essence of this message, urging a life without regrets. It’s a song that resonates with many listeners, reminding them to live life to the fullest and cherish every moment.

I linked the studio version in my playlist. Here are a couple more:

Live at Red Rocks 1995
Live at Radio City 2007 (Dave and Tim)

Last edited:
Dave Matthews Band
Not sure what the ring a round of posies in the middle was all about

"Ring around the rosies" is a reference to the nursery rhyme "Ring Around the Rosie." This nursery rhyme is often associated with the Black Death (bubonic plague) that swept through Europe in the 14th century, although the connection is debated among historians. Supposedly, “ring around the rosy” signifies a red ring-shaped rash that would appear on the skin of the infected, and “pocketful of posies” refers to the supposed sweet smelling herbal remedies people carried around in their pockets to ward off the smell of the disease.

Good For Your Soul

Here we have another song from their 3rd album. It's the title track and we already have 2 songs in the first 3 from the album. If the first two songs were more of the interesting odd balls that made the final cut the next couple are songs that I really dig but I have slight nitpicks about. That was one of the many signs that I was falling for the group and songs - when I had to get so nitpicky about a tune and started having strong opinions about albums and such. Here I love Elfman's voice and the main lyrics, but I find it slightly repetitive (odd being barely over 3 mins) vs. songs coming up and the main knock is the high-pitched sound in the chorus.

I also don't know how to describe my feelings on the album. It's telling that there are 6 songs from it on my countdown, but it probably also says something that only one from the album makes my top 15 (although is quite a way up there). Maybe not - to my ears it was a bit of a transition album. It was lacking the really dark, biting edge to the lyrics from the first two albums, but also didn't quite perfect the next phase of their sound until the more familiar album afterward - Dead Man's Party. You will get a heavy dose of this album in the front half of my countdown. There are only 4 songs from the debut, but I feel more strongly about them - the lowest song is at #23.

Next up will be the first intro to the album that became my favorite.

Last edited:
#29-Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver

Easily the deepest cut on my list and up until the day I sent my list it was in the last 5 out.
The band performed this live on the BBC show The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1975, 6 months prior to the release of their second album Sad Wings of Destiny.
The band was a little disgruntled about the appearance because they weren't allowed to have the guitars playing as loud as they wanted and Rob Halford was not allowed to perform shirtless. He borrowed his sisters pink blouse and this became the first video recording of the band.
Here's the video.
https://youtu.be/Wvlq1F-X6Ko?si=Z2RjwUE9oDjjlZxL

Easily the deepest cut on my list and up until the day I sent my list it was in the last 5 out.
The band performed this live on the BBC show The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1975, 6 months prior to the release of their second album Sad Wings of Destiny.
The band was a little disgruntled about the appearance because they weren't allowed to have the guitars playing as loud as they wanted and Rob Halford was not allowed to perform shirtless. He borrowed his sisters pink blouse and this became the first video recording of the band.
Here's the video.
The start of this song reminded me of Queen.

First (last?) five out for The Beach Boys, apropos on the 4th of July. You may have heard most of these before.

31. Sloop John B
32. Cabinessence
33. Catch A Wave
34. Little Deuce Coupe
35. Fun, Fun, Fun

ETA: the top 31 won’t be nearly as beachy

I'm a huge "beachy" Beach Boys fan. To me they are a top 5 band of all-time.

I'm just catching up on the thread but I'm guessing with Sloop John B at 31 that means you only submitted 30? Any particular reason you didn't just put it in at 31? Sorry if this is addressed - I will try not to Hipple too much but I absolutely love Sloop John B and several others in your last 5 out so was just curious. And I'm not bagging on your rankings - it would have been an impossible task for me to rank them outside of #1 which for me may be the greatest song ever.

For the 29s, I already knew and liked the songs by The Beach Boys, The Doors and EWF. Aside from my own Fanny song, that was it for pre-familiarity.

Thoughts on some of the others:

Stunned at how much STP sounded like The Doors and Strand of Oaks treated a Phish song more experimentally than Phish normally does.
The Mayfield was a stunner -- highly compelling musically and lyrically.
Elf is obviously not on the same level talent-wise as Rainbow, Sabbath or Dio (the band), but Hoochie Koochie Lady is a fun stomper with a charismatic vocal.
Things was my favorite Mazzy Star so far -- the stark arrangement is an attention-grabber.
There's a lot going on in Andrew Bird's Heretics, but it never loses momentum.
If the #30 Dio was his equivalent of Gimme Some Money, then the #29 April Wine sounds like it could be the B-side to Listen to the Flower People.

First (last?) five out for The Beach Boys, apropos on the 4th of July. You may have heard most of these before.

31. Sloop John B
32. Cabinessence
33. Catch A Wave
34. Little Deuce Coupe
35. Fun, Fun, Fun

I'm just catching up on the thread but I'm guessing with Sloop John B at 31 that means you only submitted 30? Any particular reason you didn't just put it in at 31? Sorry if this is addressed - I will try not to Hipple too much but I absolutely love Sloop John B and several others in your last 5 out so was just curious. And I'm not bagging on your rankings - it would have been an impossible task for me to rank them outside of #1 which for me may be the greatest song ever.
He screwed up the numbering. These are actually 32 to 36.

Here's the video.
Rob was a huge Queen and Freddie fan.

Here's the video.
This song was quite melodramatic, as Queen material certainly could be as well.

They're 10 years apart, but Kenny Chesney - Reality and We Do are one in the same to me. Only room for one in this countdown, but if you like love one then you'll like love the other.

Yeah, some days it's a *****, it's a bummer
We need a rock 'n roll show in the summer
To let the music take us away
Take our minds to a better place
Where we feel that sense of freedom
Leave our worries behind, we don't need 'em
All we need is a sunny day and an old tailgate

And we'll escape
Reality...

Both are anthems to the fans and reaffirm why we're all there - escapism. Not all music needs to have a deeper meaning to be impactful and take you to a better place. Sometimes it's best to be direct.

We drag this circus from town to town
Full of jesters, and jokers, and barroom clowns
To your parkin' lot parties full of pirates like us
And we all come together when the curtain comes up

Not really sure who's liftin' up who
You came to see us, we came to see you

My wife said it best- when that chorus hits, if you aren't singing back, are you even alive?

And who gets to live like we do? (We do!)

31. Sloop John B
32. Cabinessence
33. Catch A Wave
34. Little Deuce Coupe
35. Fun, Fun, Fun

He screwed up the numbering. These are actually 32 to 36.

Doh! Guess that means I did too :bag:

Here's the video.
:oldunsure:

#29 - "Imagination" EWF

This sounds like a Delfonics record to me, except you could get two Delfonics records in "Imagination"'s run time.

To borrow (narrator: he's stealing, not borrowing - you're a lawyer, so sue his ***) a phrase from @krista4 , it's a Philip Bailey Showcase!

Spoiler: it won't be the last.

Anyway, this is just a beautiful song. Bailey takes it, of course, but the backing vocals and track are wonderful.

31. Sloop John B
32. Cabinessence
33. Catch A Wave
34. Little Deuce Coupe
35. Fun, Fun, Fun

I submitted 31 outside of Sloop and the other last out - just misnumbered the excess ones.

ETA: I see Pip already clarified.

Here's the video.
Holy crap - I don't think I've ever seen Halford with hair!!

Love this song, and Sad Wings of Destiny was one of the main starting points when I recently went on a Priest deep dive. Priest wasn't a band I am overly familiar with, but like what I hear when I hear it. Sad Wings kept popping up when I was listening to more and more Opeth and reading interviews - it's Mikeal's favorite or second favorite metal album if I remember right. I hear the DNA there on tracks like this that would fit it with some of their slower songs or stuff off Damnation. Great selection!

Users who are viewing this thread