What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies!! Artists #1's have been posted!! (1 Viewer)

We have any Dino Jr. superfans in this thing? I for sure have a top 10 based my reactions to songs and my dragging my feet ranking the rest because I am too busy playing these and hurting myself air guitaring and drumming. :lol: That said, I think this is an odd top 5-10 based on what I have seen, and I don't want to destroy anybody else's childhood this year. ;)

Seems like many people aren't putting them in order of preference, since this has no scoring or math or anything like that, so I don't think you'll upset anyone. ;) Eager to see this list as I'm very Dinosaur-curious.

We have any Dino Jr. superfans in this thing? I for sure have a top 10 based my reactions to songs and my dragging my feet ranking the rest because I am too busy playing these and hurting myself air guitaring and drumming. :lol: That said, I think this is an odd top 5-10 based on what I have seen, and I don't want to destroy anybody else's childhood this year. ;)

Seems like many people aren't putting them in order of preference, since this has no scoring or math or anything like that, so I don't think you'll upset anyone. ;) Eager to see this list as I'm very Dinosaur-curious.
Like your SO dressing up as Barney or something?

I guess I am trying to nip any "WTF, _____________ is on this list, but Feel the Pain isn't??" b.s. in the bud right away. :lol:

In order with favorite #1 and leastfavorite at bottom - 13
My list is ranked chronologically - 0
Mine will be mostly like #1. I will have an official top 10, and I will cut the rest to 31, but those last 21 will be in mostly random order. The most I will do is maybe pick a few "into to" Dino Jr. songs for the bottom, just as a bridge into the music for anybody newer than I am to them. Feel weird even doing that, being a fan of a few whole years. :lol:

I won't say what the albums are, but I will spoil that there were 2 albums that didn't make the cut for representation on the playlist, but that still leaves 10 albums so no worries there. Part of the reason for that was my love of 1 album. 6 songs from that one. Then there is one album with 5 songs, one with 4, three with 3 songs, two with 2, and the rest with one each.

I'm glad that I chose them though. I think Dino Jr is even more of a "WTF were you listening to at the time instead??" band than The Black Crowes became for me in my old age. My goal is to pay it forward and get somebody else to start digging them. :popcorn:

I've been away and have some questions. Is this thing gonna last for two months? The playlists are time consuming to listen to, and I can do it for one month, but two months I don't know. I think I might burn out, although its been said that it is better to burn out than fade away. What if I burn out and fade away. We'll see. Also, Brother Ray has some songs that have more than one version. On Spotify I want specific versions to be used. Do I write down what that version is inside the same block that the youtube video is to be placed in? My songs will not be in chronological order. There are so many that are favorites that could be in the Top 10, so they won't be in favorite worst to first either. They will be his genres mixed around and favorites everywhere.

Last edited:
and I can do it for one month, but two months I don't know. I think I might burn out,
There are many here that say they are burned out and can't keep up from the 44 and 45 of the last two. We are at 51 right now.

I didn't want to drag it out two months either, due to all the work required, but it appears the google form is going to eliminate a lot of that upfront work.

Not everyone os going to list 31 songs, so the first week could be like 25-35 songs, so I doubt it will go two months.

And the only thing certain is there is no way to please everyone here.

Last edited:
Also, Brother Ray has some songs that have more than one version. On Spotify I want specific versions to be used. Do I write down what that version is inside the same block that the youtube video is to be placed in?

I don't understand what you mean by "Inside the same block that the youtube video is to be place in."

On the form, write the song title. Press Return.

On the next line, put the URL link to the song that you want others to hear.

That's it. It's no different than PM'ing me the exact same thing.

My songs will not be in chronological order. There are so many that are favorites that could be in the Top 10, so they won't be in favorite worse to first either. They will be his genres mixed around and favorites everywhere.

I'm 100% fine with chrono and understand why.

We will likely get double digits on that. I was just schticking K4 on the 13-0 post, because that's what I have so far on the form.

Last edited:
And the only thing certain is there is no way to please everyone here.
I know and I'm not complaining. I'm just being honest. I don't even know if Ray has many interested in hearing more from him. If I decide not to do this, I will let you know. If I do submit something, where do I write down the specific Spotify song I want to be used?

I know and I'm not complaining. I'm just being honest. I don't even know if Ray has many interested in hearing more from him. If I decide not to do this, I will let you know. If I do submit something, where do I write down the specific Spotify song I want to be used?
I'm interested for sure.

Check your PM for link to the form and info. Let me know if you need it again.

I've been away and have some questions. Is this thing gonna last for two months?
Actually, 3 months, if you include the month until we start it. 😀
I don't understand why this thread gets comments like this and none of the others did, where people were given a month to get their lists in also. Beatles, Zeppelin , Floyd and the last three.

US - First post - 10/24, countdown started 12/16 - ~53 days
British - First post - 12/16, countdown started 1/16. ~ 31 days
World- First post - 2/17 , countdown started 4/20. ~ 61 days
Pink Floyd - First post - 3/21, countdoen stated 5/1 ~40 days
This thread- first post - April 24, countdown will start June 6. ~ 42 days.

I'm sure there are factors in the above that I'm missing, but the main thing is all of these things usually have 4-6 weeks to get the lists in. And this one is not different one bit from that.

I don’t think Marco was complaining, just stating a fact. You’ll drive yourself crazy if you perceive things as complaints when they aren’t.

As to “why are people making suggestions about this one that they didn’t on the other ones,” I suspect it’s mainly because what didn’t work for them about the other ones is fresh in their minds. Also: More experience = more feedback. It’s nothing to do with you specifically.

I've been away and have some questions. Is this thing gonna last for two months?
Actually, 3 months, if you include the month until we start it. 😀
I don't understand why this thread gets comments like this and none of the others did, where people were given a month to get their lists in also. Beatles, Zeppelin , Floyd and the last three.

US - First post - 10/24, countdown started 12/16 - ~53 days
British - First post - 12/16, countdown started 1/16. ~ 31 days
World- First post - 2/17 , countdown started 4/20. ~ 61 days
Pink Floyd - First post - 3/21, countdoen stated 5/1 ~40 days
This thread- first post - April 24, countdown will start June 6. ~ 42 days.

I'm sure there are factors in the above that I'm missing, but the main thing is all of these things usually have 4-6 weeks to get the lists in. And this one is not different one bit from that.
Marco is just kidding around.

I don’t think Marco was complaining, just stating a fact. You’ll drive yourself crazy if you perceive things as complaints when they aren’t.

As to “why are people making suggestions about this one that they didn’t on the other ones,” I suspect it’s mainly because what didn’t work for them about the other ones is fresh in their minds. Also: More experience = more feedback. It’s nothing to do with you specifically.

Also, the format of the others was entirely different, which is not to say something is better or worse - it just means format in those isn't relevant. Other than putting "middle-aged dummies" in the title, this really isn't related. It can play by its own set of rules!

Also, the format of the others was entirely different, which is not to say something is better or worse - it just means format in those isn't relevant. Other than putting "middle-aged dummies" in the title, this really isn't related. It can play by its own set of rules!

That makes sense, but the gist is everyone is given 30 days+ to get a list in. I'm having a hard time as to why 51 is so much of a big deal as compared to 44 and 45. And then I come up with a solution for that. And I'm still getting push back. Can I borrow some wine?

I’m just messing around. No worries @Zegras11

We’ve got nothing but time around here.

Thanks for this, it just was frustrating because you were not happy me saying no artist changes. Five others also asked also after the deadline. And If I took changes, then probably half would. It would never end and we'd go past your three months :-)

Here's the good thing. We are going to do this again, and no one gets to take any one from this first go around.

First Round on me if you make it four weeks from tonight. :banned:

Thanks for this, it just was frustrating because you were not happy me saying no artist changes. Five others also asked also after the deadline. And If I took changes, then probably half would. It would never end and we'd go past your three months :-)

Don't really understand this, though. If the deadline is June 6 (or whatever it is), then whatever artist someone submits is their artist. Changes don't extend the timing at all. And since you're not inputting anyone's info nor having to do any tracking or calculations that would change, I don't see why it matters. However, I've been drinking and watching the Kraken KILL, so I might be missing it. :lol:

I've been laughing for several minutes now at whichever intermission analyst (the one who looks like Derek Jeter) said, in relation to whether Seattle has smelled or tasted blood, "I don't know what sharks do, do they have noses?" :lmao: Later he said he was lit and had had eight espressos. :lol: Love him.

ETA: Paul Bissonnette

Last edited:

Don't really understand this, though. If the deadline is June 6 (or whatever it is), then whatever artist someone submits is their artist. Changes don't extend the timing at all. And since you're not inputting anyone's info nor having to do any tracking or calculations that would change, I don't see why it matters. However, I've been drinking and watching the Kraken KILL, so I might be missing it. :lol:

Maybe it's a good thing Zegras is being strict about this. I might have bailed on Damon Albarn last week after spending 15-20 hours listening to his music because the ranking thing is tough for me. Somebody with a more homogeneous catalog would probably have been easier to rank.

because if someone changes, it could affect the choice that someone else already has if they didn't get their #1 choice. Not about time extending at all.

Oh, and I'll be inputting for sure. People are doing a great job on the form so far, but I don't expect it to be perfect. (binky's won't be perfect)

No doub't there will be a few songs on many lists that didn't format right through no fault of anyone inputting. I'm going to start testing all those submitted fully this week and knock out 1-2 per night until we start
:banned:
Kracken just scored again!!

because if someone changes, it could affect the choice that someone else already has if they didn't get their #1 choice. Not about time extending at all.

Weren't there only three people who didn't get their first choice? And none of those were related to people who wanted to change. I was only replying to your assertion that allowing people to change would extend the time, in any case.

KRAKEN! Goalie change made no difference! We're joking about them not "using up all their goals" tonight. :lmao: Wish I were over there tonight. :)

Weren't there only three people who didn't get their first choice? And none of those were related to people who wanted to change. I was only replying to your assertion that allowing people to change would extend the time, in any case.

KRAKEN! Goalie change made no difference! We're joking about them not "using up all their goals" tonight. :lmao: Wish I were over there tonight. :)
How are the games there compared to Chicago? I went to a game at the Stadium 1/79. They chanted "Cheevers Sucks" the entire game :lmao:

How are the games there compared to Chicago? I went to a game at the Stadium 1/79. They chanted "Cheevers Sucks" the entire game :lmao:

I didn't go to a game this season, so it's probably not a good comparison. Last year they were sooooo bad that, while it was always sold out and people were enthusiastic, I think it just wasn't the same as it would be now. Would love to go to a playoff game if they advance. I couldn't commit to the first two series since we'd be out of town and the dates weren't set.

A game in Chicago Stadium was the best hockey experience EVER! (Even though they generally sucked.)

I'm grateful for the long lead-in. I'm listening to the entire catalogue of my band. It takes time, and I don't want to overdose.

I'm also having a blast. And I don't get the stressing about order. No one else is going to know if you screwed up.

(Except maybe Binky.)

I just learned from someone that the only two choices on the spreadsheet are preference and chronological. :lol: I don't think anyone is going to care!

I'm grateful for the long lead-in. I'm listening to the entire catalogue of my band. It takes time, and I don't want to overdose.

I'm also having a blast. And I don't get the stressing about order. No one else is going to know if you screwed up.

(Except maybe Binky.)

I just learned from someone that the only two choices on the spreadsheet are preference and chronological. :lol: I don't think anyone is going to care!

Maybe alphabetical

(Except maybe Binky.)

Maybe alphabetical
My group is spelling-challenged. I don't want to go there.

(Except maybe Binky.)

Maybe alphabetical
Autobiographical

Users who are viewing this thread