What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies!! Artists #1's have been posted!! (3 Viewers)

but the 80s Peter Cetera ballads are off the table.
Going in, I thought the biggest 70s Peter Cetera ballad might crack my top 31, but upon further listen, I can't do it.
Know it and love it.
I like it, but not anywhere near the songs I have ranked in the top 31 right now. What hit me in today's listen is that I really don't care for the string arrangement -- which, oddly, it won a Grammy for.

Hot Streets, the first post-Kath album (and one of the few with an actual title), is straight-up yacht rock. Which I like when it's done well, but it just doesn't hold a candle to what they were capable of with Kath.

Hot Streets, the first post-Kath album (and one of the few with an actual title), is straight-up yacht rock. Which I like when it's done well, but it just doesn't hold a candle to what they were capable of with Kath.

Hot Streets is the Roman numeral for twelve

Hot Streets is the Roman numeral for twelve
Yes. And then there was Chicago 13, where they returned to numbers but not Roman numerals. It makes Hot Streets look like a masterpiece. Most of its songs have no reason to exist. Deservingly it was the first Chicago studio album to have no top 40 singles.

Just when I got my list down under 50, Blur goes and releases a new song.
I'm going to see The Psychedelic Furs/Squeeze in September. Is Mrs. Eephus gonna catch their show(s)? I saw that they are playing in Saratoga and Napa.

Out of town shows are tough since we gave away our car last year. Our operating radius is only SF, Oakland and maybe Berkeley now, although Mrs. E is going to the Cruel World festival in Pasadena this weekend.

The Furs and Squeeze should be a good show. The Furs' longtime sax player Mars Williams is off this tour while he battles cancer.

Todd RundgrenNew Binky the Doormat
Jorge Ben JorDon Quixote
Brandi CarlileJB Breakfast Club
The PoliceZegras11
Modest MouseThe Dreaded Marco
Stevie WonderUruk-Hai
GenesisYo Mama
Stevie Ray VaughanSullie
The Decemberistskupcho1
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Deadplinko
The KinksGalileo
Rushhiggins
Sigur RósScoresman
Donald FagenCharlie Steiner
Green DayMAC_32
Big ThiefIlov80s
Daft Punkrockaction
Taylor SwiftJpalmer
Elliott SmithTuffnutt
Alice In ChainsMt. Man
ChicagoPip's Invitation

Starting to actually fill out the list, what are people putting for the comment on the google form? Like many, I plan to make a thread post for each pick that includes things like links to live performances and lyric translations.

Starting to actually fill out the list, what are people putting for the comment on the google form? Like many, I plan to make a thread post for each pick that includes things like links to live performances and lyric translations.
I put the name of the song, the album it came from and year of release. That is it. I think putting a bunch of commentary into the Google form will clutter up Zegras' spreadsheet too much.

Any comments need to be on top line with the song title. Would prefer them though after songs are posted each day to spark convos.

All the lists in so far are in great shape.

In the last week as they are being submitted, I've pm list back to people so show its good.

I went to work on my list and it felt more like a chore than enjoyment, so that's a sign.

I felt like mine was and is going to be a bit of work, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Consider it a labor of love.

But Top 31 Phish from such a broad catalogue is tough, I'll admit.

Neither here nor there. Just a way of saying, "We'll miss you, shuke!"

Users who are viewing this thread