What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies!! Artists #1's have been posted!! (1 Viewer)

All the lists submitted so far are in great shape and ready to go...

Song Title, press RETURN

Cut and paste Spotify or Y2 link on next line.

I would have started this about right now, but I'm headed next Saturday to Salt Lake City to see Duran Duran and The Cure. Drive back Monday June 5. Will make sure all lists are good that night and start the next day.

List submitted. Didn't agonize on the rankings, and there are about 30 songs that just missed the cut.

There aren't studio album options for 6 of my selections so had to go with a live version, but I tried to keep them short for the Spotify list. I chose a live version for a 7th for a reason I will give later.

I stuck with only original Phish content, so I'll share something I wanted to include but didn't, since it first appeared on an album by Page McConnell's side project Vida Blue.

Most Events Aren't Planned

I stuck with only original Phish content, so I'll share something I wanted to include but didn't, since it first appeared on an album by Page McConnell's side project Vida Blue.

I liked it. It might be the first Phish song I ever listened to in its entirety. Maybe it helps that I like jazz and am not put off by the fact that the jam for over 10 minutes.

Hey, I think that'd be an apt descriptor: "Jam" band. I think it might catch on.

List submitted. Didn't agonize on the rankings, and there are about 30 songs that just missed the cut.

There aren't studio album options for 6 of my selections so had to go with a live version, but I tried to keep them short for the Spotify list. I chose a live version for a 7th for a reason I will give later.

Easily the best song on the s/t Vida Blue album.

Ok, list submitted. 31 ELO songs. I could have done with maybe another 2-3 slots, but I don't feel I'm leaving anything notable out either. They have a lot of good songs. I remember reading years ago that they had the most top 40 hits without ever having a #1. That may not be true anymore, and could even be a figment of my faulty memory, but I do seem to recall that.

I didn't pay any attention to a "countdown" - I spread out the order so as not to have too many songs from the same albums together - there are three albums that are pretty heavily represented, and a few (the much later ones) don't appear at all.

Last edited:
@Zegras11 - I did bookmark the edit button, but when I go to it it's blank. Not that it matters - I don't need to edit anything but want to make sure you got the list.

I didn't pay any attention to a "countdown" - I spread out the order so as not to have too many songs from the same albums together - there are three albums that are pretty heavily represented, and a few (the much later ones) don't appear at all.
I sorta did the opposite of this. One album is at the top, in order except for one song. The rest are scattered around. I wasn't sure how many here would know the Deep Tracks anyway.

Feels like I should be live blogging this (Tik Tok-ing, for the Zipsters).

Artist Name: Frank Black (Francis and(or not) the Catholics), the artist formerly known as Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV)

Feels like I should be live blogging this (Tik Tok-ing, for the Zipsters).

Artist Name: Frank Black (Francis and(or not) the Catholics), the artist formerly known as Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV)
I almost went with CMKT4 myself. Looking forward to your playlist.
My list is not deep in a musically geeky way. My favorite songs are those that lean hard into pop tendencies, with a dash of anthemic rock. This is reflected by the healthy inclusion of cover songs. Have not tallied them, but feels like there are 3-4, maybe 5?

My 31 songs are at 210 minutes. :scared: Sorry... post rock.

I'm surprised because I like a lot of Sigur Ros's shorter, poppier songs. I may rearrange so that a bunch of the longer ones aren't bunched together.

My 31 songs are at 210 minutes. :scared: Sorry... post rock.

I'm surprised because I like a lot of Sigur Ros's shorter, poppier songs. I may rearrange so that a bunch of the longer ones aren't bunched together.
Sigur Ros is a tough nut to crack. Appreciate you including shorter songs.

There is one Sigur Ros song that melts my heart as if it were exposed to the heat of a thousand songs. Hope it's on your list.

Rock on!

Last edited:
Working on my Dino list. Before I get farther, are we preferring Spotify or YouTube links? Is Spotify easier if somebody is compiling a daily playlist?

Working on my Dino list. Before I get farther, are we preferring Spotify or YouTube links? Is Spotify easier if somebody is compiling a daily playlist?
I don’t really have a preference in the thread.

I hope everyone posts their Spotify playlist at the end of the thread because that’s how I’d like to listen to each artist.

I was very tempted to go here for fun just because at the last minute I remembered playing the hell out of this soundtrack back in the day, but in the end I stuck to my guns and more of the Dinosaur Jr core text. But, but for your listening pleasure as we wait for kickoff....

(found?) LINK

I don’t really have a preference in the thread.

I hope everyone posts their Spotify playlist at the end of the thread because that’s how I’d like to listen to each artist.
I've been away from the boards and this thread for a bit. Is there not a daily Spotify playlist planned?

If not, and I can be of assistance, zegrass can PM me, and we could get something going.

My Chicago playlist is 210 minutes (and actually has 40 tracks because my list includes some suites and segues that Spotify has as separate tracks).

Prediction: I have a hunch -- and it's based on nothing more than that -- that @krista4 will like my #12 song. (No, it doesn't sound like the Beatles.)

My Chicago playlist is 210 minutes (and actually has 40 tracks because my list includes some suites and segues that Spotify has as separate tracks).

Prediction: I have a hunch -- and it's based on nothing more than that -- that @krista4 will like my #12 song. (No, it doesn't sound like the Beatles.)

Should I try to do some more again
31 or 40 to 210

Are yours in order of favorite? I know several were doing otherwise.

Yes. #12 is my 12th favorite.

Binky: 20th.

This is not to say they didn't sound like the Beatles sometimes.

Got to Get You into My Life, live in 1975

Binky: 20th.

reaction.

Glad to see mine won't be the longest playlist. There's a handful of songs that are phenomenally better live, but the live versions as expected, can stretch into 15 minutes in length so I included the studio versions. I'll just post the live versions in my writeup and tell people they really should listen to that one if they like the song.

@Just Win BabyFoo Fighters
@falguyAC/DC
@Ghost RiderPorcupine Tree
@landrys hatDoves
@simeyRay Charles
@neal cassadyFrank Zappa
@Hov34Spoon
@zazaledeadmau5
@simsargeBTO
@DrIanMalcolmBruce Springsteen
@zamboniSimon and Garfunkel
@EephusDamon Albarn
@ditkaburgersBeyonce
@Val RannousZZTop
@scorchyThe Hold Steady
@Doug BHeart
@timschochetElton John
@MansterLes Claypool
@Northern VoiceThe Tragically Hip
@otbBauhaus
@snellmanQueen
@titusbrambleThe Prodigy
The above are the lists I still need. Deadline is a week from tonight. Check your PM for info on how to enter. Thanks!!

@Just Win BabyFoo Fighters
@falguyAC/DC
@Ghost RiderPorcupine Tree
@landrys hatDoves
@simeyRay Charles
@neal cassadyFrank Zappa
@Hov34Spoon
@zazaledeadmau5
@simsargeBTO
@DrIanMalcolmBruce Springsteen
@zamboniSimon and Garfunkel
@EephusDamon Albarn
@ditkaburgersBeyonce
@Val RannousZZTop
@scorchyThe Hold Steady
@Doug BHeart
@timschochetElton John
@MansterLes Claypool
@Northern VoiceThe Tragically Hip
@otbBauhaus
@snellmanQueen
@titusbrambleThe Prodigy
The above are the lists I still need. Deadline is a week from tonight. Check your PM for info on how to enter. Thanks!!
Some real good bands there. Hope most of it make it.

Users who are viewing this thread