What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Gravel 2020 (1 Viewer)

ren hoek

Footballguy
https://www.mikegravel.org/

Gravel needs 65k individual donations to qualify for the 2020 debates.  Big shoutout to antiwar/justice folks who contribute here (or just support the idea in general).  

Last edited by a moderator:
Donate to Mike Gravel!

Sen. Mike Gravel is trying to qualify for the Democratic debates to force the conversation to the left.

Mike Gravel represented Alaska as a Democrat from 1969 to 1981. During his time in the Senate, he was noted for his unabashed opposition to the Vietnam War and for reading the Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record, risking expulsion from the Senate.

Sen. Gravel is committed to ending America's imperial policies (especially in Venezuela and Iran), rescheduling cannabis, fundamentally reforming our politics through direct democracy, abolishing mass surveillance on American citizens, prioritizing climate change, dismantling America's carceral state, and building a foreign policy free of undue influence by Israel and Saudi Arabia.

If he were to run, he would aim not to win, but instead to qualify for the 2020 Democratic debates in order to send a message that no other candidate is willing to issue. Our goal is to push the rest of the Democratic field toward policies, especially on political reform, climate change, and foreign policy, that will truly challenge the American plutocracy and military-industrial complex.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/mikegravel2020

@MikeGravel

Moral culpability falls on every single politician who isn't actively fighting against our empire's brutality. If you sit in a seat of power and stay silent, you are just as guilty as the decision makers.

Want to drink your Dom Pérignon in peace? Don't bomb children.

Which topic? Pretty much everyone on the environment, and at least Bernie on everything else. But you could throw in Tulsi, Yang and a few others.
Most of the field is just paying lip service to that stuff.  You know the DCCC and DNC won’t stand for it.  

Bernie endorsed Hillary Clinton, amplified the Trump admin’s humanitarian aid PR stunt in Venezuela, pushed the Trump/Russia garbage, and doesn’t support BDS.  

There’s a lot of red flags with Tulsi that I’ll get into later.  While she seems better than most of the mainline candidates, she ain’t it either.  

Most of the field is just paying lip service to that stuff.  You know the DCCC and DNC won’t stand for it.  

Bernie endorsed Hillary Clinton, amplified the Trump admin’s humanitarian aid PR stunt in Venezuela, pushed the Trump/Russia garbage, and doesn’t support BDS.  

There’s a lot of red flags with Tulsi that I’ll get into later.  While she seems better than most of the mainline candidates, she ain’t it either.  
Bernie has been fighting for the same things for 40 years. He isn't just paying lip service.

Bernie has been fighting for the same things for 40 years. He isn't just paying lip service.
No, I agree with that much.  At least when it comes to healthcare and his views on an equitable society.  But I think he’s a liberal imperialist on foreign policy, and the constant swooning betrays how bad he is on that.  

You guys know his Twitter is ran by high school students? No joke. They are the ones who convinced him to run.

The General said:
I’m pretty sure Alaskan politicians are all nutjobs if you look close enough. 
He was Senator from Alaska, right? Same place that voted for Ted Stevens? I’m still trying to figure that one out. 

Having lived in both there are differences. At least back in the 80s Alaska crazy was frontier crazy not crazy from the heat crazy.
Alaska is an intense place. I get why it’s nuts up there. Darkness, isolation, thousands of miles of empty space. I understand, respect their crazy.

Florida crazy is just crazy for no reason :lol:  

Alaska is an intense place. I get why it’s nuts up there. Darkness, isolation, thousands of miles of empty space. I understand, respect their crazy.

Florida crazy is just crazy for no reason :lol:  
If I'd have had a job when I got out of the AF I would've stayed in Alaska. Loved it. It was just so natural and rugged. You could easily get places where you felt alone but not lonely if that makes sense. Just natural beauty everywhere. The dark winter never bothered me.

If I'd have had a job when I got out of the AF I would've stayed in Alaska. Loved it. It was just so natural and rugged. You could easily get places where you felt alone but not lonely if that makes sense. Just natural beauty everywhere. The dark winter never bothered me.
Beautiful it is. Place is intense, it’s own country. A very interesting place.

I’m really just kidding around about this Gravel guy. I know next to nothing about him and actually agree with a lot of the stuff I read about him on his wiki.

I’m guessing he’s a little wacky though :lol:  

Beautiful it is. Place is intense, it’s own country. A very interesting place.

I’m really just kidding around about this Gravel guy. I know next to nothing about him and actually agree with a lot of the stuff I read about him on his wiki.

I’m guessing he’s a little wacky though :lol:  
Gravel’s a madman 

Seriously? Everything he wants to talk about already has someone talking about it. 
I don’t agree with this. I think he does bring some things to the party that are otherwise absent from the current group of Democratic candidates.

UFO concerns, 9/11 Trutherism, Sarah Palin fandom, Wikileaks fandom...

I don’t agree with this. I think he does bring some things to the party that are otherwise absent from the current group of Democratic candidates.

I was unaware of those. Well than have at, my bad.

Technically, John Podesta brought UFOs to the Democratic Party a long time ago.  But wouldn't mind a link on the other stuff.  

Selling votes in exchange for sex on a houseboat....

What we really need is someone who isn’t creepy like Joe Biden.  Like the guy who agreed to vote the way another member of Congress wanted him to if he could have sex with one of that guy’s pretty employees.

Mike Gravel‏ @MikeGravel 

Kamala Harris has the policing ability of Chief Wiggum and the political courage of Mayor Quimby. Don't let her act like she has the virtue of Ned Flanders

Tell me more Hillary man
In 1972, Mike Gravel accepted sexual favors from a fellow Congressman’s employee on a houseboat in exchange for voting in line with him.  It came to light in 1975-1976.  That’s why he lost the primary in 1980. He denied ever having met her for years.  Then admitted to sleeping with her, eventually.  It was part of a rather large prostitution scandal in Congress. The others (paying a staffer to be a mistress, for instance) were easier to prove. So he skated.  But it was real.  

In 1972, Mike Gravel accepted sexual favors from a fellow Congressman’s employee on a houseboat in exchange for voting in line with him.  It came to light in 1975-1976.  That’s why he lost the primary in 1980. He denied ever having met her for years.  Then admitted to sleeping with her, eventually.  It was part of a rather large prostitution scandal in Congress. The others (paying a staffer to be a mistress, for instance) were easier to prove. So he skated.  But it was real.  
It's interesting that you find this disqualifying, but not voting for the Iraq war and overthrowing Libya.  If he slept with her as part of an exchange for votes (a he said she said thing at this point), well, ok.  I didn't know he slept with Miss Virginia on his houseboat 47 years ago, so thanks for that I guess.

Gravel is far and away the most antiwar candidate to have declared at this point.  Of course he read the Pentagon Papers into the congressional record and risked expulsion from the Senate, which I find incredibly admirable, historic even.  Not really interested in whatever milquetoast flavor of the month the centrists are talking about.  

It's interesting that you find this disqualifying, but not voting for the Iraq war and overthrowing Libya.  If he slept with her as part of an exchange for votes (a he said she said thing at this point), well, ok.  I didn't know he slept with Miss Virginia on his houseboat 47 years ago, so thanks for that I guess.

Gravel is far and away the most antiwar candidate to have declared at this point.  Of course he read the Pentagon Papers into the congressional record and risked expulsion from the Senate, which I find incredibly admirable, historic even.  Not really interested in whatever milquetoast flavor of the month the centrists are talking about.  
It’s interesting that you think a bad decision is disqualifying, but not selling your vote in the Senate for sex with an employee while married. 

Ren, do you have a preferred label for your political leanings?  I don’t think I’ve seen you proclaim such and it’d be unfair of me to prescribe things to you without your input.  You seem to have a mix of anti-establishment and anarchist, but those are somewhat cliche.  I’m just genuinely curious where you’d put yourself 

Ren, do you have a preferred label for your political leanings?  I don’t think I’ve seen you proclaim such and it’d be unfair of me to prescribe things to you without your input.  You seem to have a mix of anti-establishment and anarchist, but those are somewhat cliche.  I’m just genuinely curious where you’d put yourself 
Troll? I mean how can anyone seriously support this guy? The whole campaign is an internet joke.

There is an amazing similarity to with this guy and President Trump. He says nothing and has no details of how he is going to accomplish anything  and Trump talks and rambles on and has no details of how he is going to accomplish anything. 
And we have a supporter of him posting a social media image of Gravel with a chair going after Biden while Ren has a crying laughing emoji. It’s very much the Trump supporter playbook from 4 years ago. 

Thanks, glad you ask.  I would say I’m a market anarchist. 

Troll? I mean how can anyone seriously support this guy? The whole campaign is an internet joke.
That’s how I feel about the other guys.  A bunch of Obama 2.0s.  How can anyone possibly stand these focus group-tested posers and their empty brand? Their performative mating rituals with billionaire donors?  

I don’t think they have the same fundamental opposition to war that Gravel does.  They don’t speak to an unapologetic moral conviction like he does.  They don’t look like they’ve actually sat down and thought about what it meant to napalm scores of innocent children in Vietnam.  They’re the real joke, not Gravel.  

That’s how I feel about the other guys.  A bunch of Obama 2.0s.  How can anyone possibly stand these focus group-tested posers and their empty brand? Their performative mating rituals with billionaire donors?  

I don’t think they have the same fundamental opposition to war that Gravel does.  They don’t speak to an unapologetic moral conviction like he does.  They don’t look like they’ve actually sat down and thought about what it meant to napalm scores of innocent children in Vietnam.  They’re the real joke, not Gravel.  
He has plenty of wonderful and sincere beliefs but the campaign is an internet troll job. I don’t have time for that. We need to treat this election more seriously not less. I’m sure there’s not going to be President close to perfect but we can try to elect the one that will come closest. 

Users who are viewing this thread