What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Minnesota at Detroit*** (+7.5) O/U 46.5 D.Cook-OUT! D.Swift-OUT! Motown time Baby! (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Go!

I will be launching most if not all the 1:00 Threads this afternoon and I know by tonight or morning that several will fall to Page 2 I like the freedom to update injuries and also discuss the game plans we expect from both teams. 

Vikings are still in the Playoff hunt and that might be driving the point spread as much as anything. Detroit is winless I might remind you all and it does seem odd to see a winless team with little to play for still only taking single digits but then again the Vikings make most games difficult at best. 

Every prognosticator between here and Seattle is saying that Mattison is a Top 5 play this week and even Jamaal Williams is getting hype as a potential low end RB1...would like some thoughts on that. 

Go!

Detroit 27...Minnesota 24  :thumbup:

Take it to the bank Brohans 

As a Detroit fan want to see them win at least one game but yet retain #1 draft pick at years end. Lions lost to Vikes on road by a 54 yd field goal as time expired.

Playing at home and with Vikes without Dalvin Cook, Lions have a chance to win here. But with Swift out and Campbell still calling the plays, how are the Lions going to score? Lions scoring anything more than 13 points is a god-send

As a Detroit fan want to see them win at least one game but yet retain #1 draft pick at years end. Lions lost to Vikes on road by a 54 yd field goal as time expired.

Playing at home and with Vikes without Dalvin Cook, Lions have a chance to win here. But with Swift out and Campbell still calling the plays, how are the Lions going to score? Lions scoring anything more than 13 points is a god-send
If one were forced to bet this game the under 46.5 seems to be the bet with both Cook and Swift out.

I don’t think the Vikings have proven themselves consistent enough for any game to be a gimme. It does not help with Eric Kendricks being out and Anthony Barr questionable. 

If Godwin Igwebuike gets 10+ carries, Lions win in a rout.

Dude is averaging 14.2 YPC (6-85) and has the longest TD run since....drumroll...Barry Sanders.

One of (at least) seven Nigerians on the team.

Another of those Nigerians, rookie CB Ifeatu Melifonwu - the first of the three Stafford trade picks - is playing this week (been on IR since Week 2.) But they'll stick with their pretty good Corners, UDFA Bobby Price and  Amani Oruwariye (5 INT last 9 G, and yep 🇳🇬,) Not playing but Jeff Okudah (guess where he was born) is walking around this week without a boot or cart. Might move to S next year but for now let’s just hope he and Romeo Okwara are able to play. Achilles is a tough one. Not sure if we’re bringing Julian Okwara back.

The 7th Nigerian is rookie DT Levi Onwuzurike. Healthy scratch week 1 and only saw 98 snaps in the first 6 games. No real surprise, we knew the 2nd rounder was going to be worked in slowly. 108 snaps in his last 4=games, and got his first sack on Thanksgiving Day.

The Lions have around 10% of the NFL Nigerians. I think it’s pretty cool. I have a bunch of Nigerian friends and I love their culture. It’s been an awesome thing for the Lions players to bond over.. 

The Okwara brothers parents hosted a bunch of players to celebrate Independence Day (October 1.) 

In non-Nigerian news, JRM, who has actually played decent this year - he was an abysmal failure and basically a ST only guy for Patricia - is out t9morrow. Trey Flowers will likely miss the game as well. Rookie LB Derrick Barnes gets his first start.

Speaking of Nigerians @BobbyLayne, Kene Nwangwu will play some at RB for the Vikings due to the Cook injury. He was born in the USA, but his parents are from Nigeria. Kene is a track guy, as fast as 4.29 in the 40. Also one of the smartest RBs - he's a mechanical engineering major. He has 2 ko return TDs thus far this year.

Speaking of Nigerians @BobbyLayne, Kene Nwangwu will play some at RB for the Vikings due to the Cook injury. He was born in the USA, but his parents are from Nigeria. Kene is a track guy, as fast as 4.29 in the 40. Also one of the smartest RBs - he's a mechanical engineering major. He has 2 ko return TDs thus far this year.

Also - and this will be encouraging to people wondering if Okudah or Okwara will be the same next year - one of the rare RBs to come back from an Achilles Injury. Sophomore year IIRC. Can you imagine that what if....guy ran a 4.29 on his Pro Day?

Pulling for a battle of obscure Nigerian RBs today. Far more likely the Vikings guy will actually see meaningful carries. Campbell has been coaching scared for weeks now, and I'm 99% certain he will give Jamaal 25-30 touches if game script allows. Oh, bloody hell, we run on 3rd & 32, why am I thinking game script means anything?

Yo, we gon' ghost town this Motown
With yo' sound, you in the blink
Gon' bite the dust, can't fight with us
With yo' sound, you kill the Inc.
So don't stop, get it, get it (Get it)
Until you're cheddar headed
And watch the way I navigate
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

:yucky:  Vikes looking very bad today.. seeing no enthusiasm from either side. They keep playing  this way it could be an embarassing loss and the end of the Zimmer era.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vikings always seem to play "Yeah...whatever" football when they play the Lions. :yawn:

8 straight

imagine what they could do if they gave a ####

mid-70s Tarkenton2 era Vikings won ten straight 

one year we were deep in Minnesota territory and just running the clock down to a few seconds

naturally the attempt was blocked

Bill Brown would look average all year and look like Pro Bowler VS Detroit 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread