What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Minnesota at Detroit*** (+7.5) O/U 46.5 D.Cook-OUT! D.Swift-OUT! Motown time Baby! (1 Viewer)

This is the start of something in Detroit, keep Campbell for a while, he deserves it. 

Get some talent, get someone to push Goff and either run him out of town or whatever. 

Just please get a decent playoff level team, most of the country at this point likes you all whether you like it or not, we feel bad for you so please stop this nonsense and move forward. 

Several of us have been very critical of Dan Campbell and for good reason. But I've never thought a bad thing about him on a personal level. He seems like a good dude and I'm just happy he got at least one win before Christmas.

Several of us have been very critical of Dan Campbell and for good reason. But I've never thought a bad thing about him on a personal level. He seems like a good dude and I'm just happy he got at least one win before Christmas.

LONG list of in game blunders today, but rn, who cares. Those guys have been battling all year and have been close to winning 4 weeks in a row. Glad they finally broke their yoke. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lions win gets an asterisk with the help of the refs.  

They should have been forced to run a play for the PAT, as if there would have been a turnover Minnesota could have returned it for 2 points to tie the game.  

The refs costing the rest of us from enjoying the most Lions of Lions ways to lose a game. 

GreenNGold said:

They should have been forced to run a play for the PAT, as if there would have been a turnover Minnesota could have returned it for 2 points to tie the game.  

The refs costing the rest of us from enjoying the most Lions of Lions ways to lose a game. 
I mean, they would have just kneeled down. 1 in a million chance that ends in a defensive score. 

GreenNGold said:

Goodness.  :cry:

Talk about going after low lying fruit. I'm sure this guy also posts in the Texans thread. And on top of that he is clueless about the actual rules.

BobbyLayne said:
LONG list of in game blunders today, but rn, who cares. Those guys have been battling all year and have been close to winning 4 weeks in a row. Glad they finally broke their yoke. 
How true. Deserved to have one go our way.

But that LONG list of game blunders will never get us a championship. I have been wondering if the Campbell coaching/style we are seeing is due to the unique circumstances of this particular year or is what we will be seeing going forward in the following years.

How true. Deserved to have one go our way.

But that LONG list of game blunders will never get us a championship. I have been wondering if the Campbell coaching/style we are seeing is due to the unique circumstances of this particular year or is what we will be seeing going forward in the following years.

It cannot be. It is intolerable.

I can see giving him a pass “based on the talent on the roster.”  I’m beginning to wonder if I should give these players slack based on The competence of this staff.

I love that the staff is full of former players and relatively young assistants who are good teachers. But we cannot burn two timeouts every game bc our defense is in the wrong formation. And I appreciate the DB coach falling on his sword this week - it’s the right move - but how is everyone 8 yards off on the crucial 3rd & 4 Turkey Day. We could spend weeks going ove4 the head scratching offense.

Anyway, let’s have these discussion  another day,  First win in 364 days feels great.

Biabreakable said:
Why wouldn't they be?

Mattison is under contract for one more season and there isn't a potential out in Cooks contract until 2023.

So about the only way I see they wouldn't be is if there were a trade or suspension or something.
Just a Mattison owner wondering if they see enough in him that they may move Cook. Sounds like contract prohibits that? Would love to see Mattison lead a backfield. 

I can see giving him a pass “based on the talent on the roster.”  I’m beginning to wonder if I should give these players slack based on The competence of this staff.
As you suggest lets celebrate. But you pose an interesting question.

BobbyLayne said:
for the first time ever, I am going to quote our 45th President

W R O N G

The rule says the PAT does not need to be attempted only if it would not change the result of the game.  In this case, it would still be possible (although very unlikely) for the attempt to change the game as a fumbled PAT attempt returned for a TD would have sent the game into overtime. 

Detroit should have been forced to attempt (even if they chose to kneel) 

The rule says the PAT does not need to be attempted only if it would not change the result of the game.  In this case, it would still be possible (although very unlikely) for the attempt to change the game as a fumbled PAT attempt returned for a TD would have sent the game into overtime. 

Detroit should have been forced to attempt (even if they chose to kneel) 
Agreed.  This is another case of the officials pooping the bed.  Odds are the Lions kneel on it and it's game over, but they still should have been made to do it, and the fact that they were not is another black mark of the current sad state of NFL officiating. 

Speaking of sad, how dumb are DCs in this league? Go back and watch the winning TD.  The two defensive backs close to the receiver literally move backwards and just let the Lions receiver run to the spot in the end zone and catch the ball for the win.  How do you call a play where your DBs play it that soft? Unreal. 

Just a Mattison owner wondering if they see enough in him that they may move Cook. Sounds like contract prohibits that? Would love to see Mattison lead a backfield. 
Well he will be a free agent in 2023.

Hard to say what ends up happening there. The Vikings may be starting over with a new coach next season. Maybe there are a lot of changes.

The rule says the PAT does not need to be attempted only if it would not change the result of the game. 

I don’t think so.

f a touchdown is made on the last play of a period, the Try attempt shall be made (except during a sudden-death period, or if a touchdown is scored during a down in which time in the fourth period expires, and a successful Try would not affect the outcome of the game).

successful Try

Would a Try returned by the defensive team for 2 points meet any common understanding of “successful”? 

Thanks for looking it up, I was having trouble finding the exact language of the rule, and none of the articles seemed to have it.  The Red Zone showed the rule on the show earlier today and I don't think they had the "successful" verbiage in there which is what I was going off of. 

All good man.

I wasn’t totally sure and had to look it up. I never trust summary articles with no cite. Reporters get things wring all the time.

Also If I'm not mistaken, no NFL OT game can be won by more than 6 points now. Anyone betting a team -6.5 points has already lost since there is no P.A.T.

Also If I'm not mistaken, no NFL OT game can be won by more than 6 points now. Anyone betting a team -6.5 points has already lost since there is no P.A.T.
 Not true.  The team that wins the toss can win by 9 if they get a FG on their first possession and then return a pick or fumble for a TD when the other team gets their first possession in OT.  I have been waiting for that to happen, and you just know that when it does it will be one where the winning team is favored by 7 or 8. :lol:  

Not true.  The team that wins the toss can win by 9 if they get a FG on their first possession and then return a pick or fumble for a TD when the other team gets their first possession in OT.  I have been waiting for that to happen, and you just know that when it does it will be one where the winning team is favored by 7 or 8. :lol:  
Good catch.

College I would guess 14 max.  TD + 2 pointer + Pick 6?

Users who are viewing this thread